PDA

View Full Version : Dragun T.E.S Sniper

tyrion2323
12-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Well, I'm putting on my flame-suit, but I want to see your impressions. PLEASE, if you haven't shot one, or had personal experience with one, don't comment. I had negative thoughts about it as well, but after I watched it perform on video, I figured that I should give it a shot.

I AM NOT BUYING ONE, just wondering.

Jacob

Rope a Dope
12-04-2003, 12:52 AM
I ordered 6 of them for my store, 3 of them sold minutes of opening the box.

20bps
Anti Chop Eye
Regulator
LCD

Well sell them for $279.99

For the price it is a great gun! I can walk the trigger and get a FAST rate of fire like on the videos. The build quality is better than any Spyder like clone, has a soft kick for a blow back as well. The milling is NICE and the fades look decent. Only down side is their drop and ASA, they don't use standards so you either have to make your own or buy drops from Dragun.

I want a TES as a backup gun, it's cheap and preforms great!

Also, Dragun is coming out with a kit called "The One", it is a kit that turns any Spyder into an Intimidator for around $250. In a few weeks they will have a new gun called "The Zone" which is a TES with the Intimidator kit already installed.

Nick O time
12-04-2003, 12:53 AM
but what is a TES? is it like a spyder clone with like the goodies of some of the nicer markers or something? if you had a link it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

tyrion2323
12-04-2003, 12:57 AM
check out www.dragunempire.com

the video is rockin

Furby
12-04-2003, 07:30 AM
They scream...nice little gun for the money. It's a blowback sear tripper, but a nice one. With "The One" kit, it's more like a Timmy or Impulse.

Gman63
12-04-2003, 09:19 AM
I have shot them and if you get one that has no problems they work great. I myself do not like the ACE (lvl 10 :) ). Our store has had some problems with regs leaking and other minor adjustments from the factory that can give you a problem. Overall for the price all of the Dragun markers are great, Kudos to George for bringing a good marker into the world in the price range of Spyders...

robdamanii
12-04-2003, 10:01 AM
It's a pretty nice marker all in all.

There are uncapped spyder boards coming out very soon, so the TES doesn't have any BPS advantage anymore in that department. The reg is certainly sub-standard compared to aftermarkets, and to me, the grip is rather uncomfortable.

Not at all a bad package though.

-=Squid=-
12-04-2003, 10:56 AM
For the price they cant be beat. Solid feel, nice milling, good anno, fast, and an eye. All for only $236. VERY good price. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a lower end gun. Then to top it off, the one kit is coming out soon which will basically make it a timmy knockoff for a few hundred bucks.

Meph
12-04-2003, 01:17 PM
I need to get my hands on one. There has to be something fishy here. Dragun must be producing these and making even less profit than Kingman per unit (so profit thru volume). And Kingman only makes $13 each Spyder.

I'd like to see what quality control was sacrificed to get everything it has for the price it is. Be it cheaply machined internals, weak solenoid, or what have you.

tyrion2323
12-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Well, obviously the barrel and reg need to go, and it looks like the vert feed could be improved as well. Other than that, I think it would need to be broken in by a few people to see what needs to happen.

Jacob

BTAutoMag
12-04-2003, 02:01 PM
i used to own a black dragon, that thing was so awsome... until i put paint though it. if it has an anti chop eye then you should be set

robdamanii
12-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Depends how reliable the ACE really is...

If it's a poorly designed eye, they it won't help very much.

68magOwner
12-04-2003, 03:24 PM
i never shot one, but there was a kid who was playing with one at my field, it was preety slow, and chopped almost as much as any other spyder (but both of these could of been user error, im just saying that it chopped)

Spartan X
12-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Notice he said if YOU have not shot one, do not comment.....

Rope a Dope
12-04-2003, 03:44 PM
When you first turn it on it is SLOW. You have to change the ROF to 20bps and the dwell to 5ms (yes there is a dwell, lol) and it will rip! The gun will NOT chop with the eye on, if anything was breaking it was either barrel breaks due to cold weather and brittle paint or the eye was bypassed. I used a viewloader 200 with the eye on and ripped a line of paint and nothing chopped. The manual sucks and you gotta play with the settings to make it fast, seems the dwell is the answer to making it scream, it was almost as fast as my Angel Speed!

-=Squid=-
12-04-2003, 03:57 PM
They arent made cheap. In fact, its one of the most solid blowbacks Ive held. The guy has been using one for a while now and its just fine. He put his micro RT in the box because he likes this better.

FalconGuy016
12-04-2003, 04:04 PM
My sponsor likes these guns :) as a cheap electro

MattG
12-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Yea i shot one. Man it looks very hot for a spyder clone. They eye works very well but the ROF was sad. The gun has the potienal but the microswitch was very poor on the one i shot and it held it back. But overall a very nice cheap gun.

Rope a Dope
12-04-2003, 04:09 PM
I was able to walk the trigger really well, any ROF issues can be solved with tweaking the settings. What is stupid is when you turn it off you lose all the settings... when you first turn it on it is SLOW, set the dwell, the BPS and it freakin' rips!!

barberjohn
12-04-2003, 10:52 PM
the only thing bad about they eye is that they have some of the similar problems that the earlier smart parts eye had, not being able to see dark paint. notice they use white paint in the video, it probably helps the rof a ton. now that they have this much backing though, im thinkin after my backup tippmann sells, i may pick one of these up:D .

ExtremeODD
12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
heh draguns and their clones (the design they sold to companies and they throw their logo on it) dont save settings, kinda annoying

xadamx
12-04-2003, 11:52 PM
I shot my friends one time. It had a great trigger, ran well on CO2, fast as all get out, well built. orings are still a bit of a problem but oh well. great gun for the price

Kaiser Bob
12-05-2003, 12:29 PM
The dwell dosent do anything, its leftover functions from the dragunfly. Also the modes work somewhat differently then usual. From what ive seen AUTO isnt full auto but the full 20bps mode and SEMI is just a much much slower version of it. Also it possible to chop if you turn off the eye

beam
12-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Did anyone else notice the ripped of hex graphics on that site? Looks just like the old AO graphics only a different color.

Picture doesn't show the whole thing.
http://www.dragunempire.com/images/hd_logo.gif

barberjohn
12-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
Also it possible to chop if you turn off the eye
really:rolleyes: .

~WarpedRT#2~
12-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Ok, I have played around with the original Sniper model from Black Dragun the M3 one, and I thought it was junk. Now I dont know about this new TES or whatever, but the original sucked balls.

The body was cheaply made, the barrel was thick, I mean real thick, the trigger felt like crap, it was LOUD!!! and it just felt cheap. It felt like a Spyder, and I really think it felt particularly like a Shutter with that reg/foregrip thing. I'm guessing you arent talking about the older ones, but that is the only one I've had experience with. I dont know though, if you can upgrade it like mad, I may have to look inot this thing...

STAY AWAY FROM THE OLD ONES! The new one looks cool though!