PDA

View Full Version : x-valve leaking from someplace

lightning rift
12-04-2003, 12:53 AM
I just bought an x-valve to replace my classic, and plugged it in so I could start adjusting the lvl10. I put the smallest spring on it, picked a somewhat tight spacer (since the o-ring would need to be settled in) and stuck on the air. And, well, as should happen, it leaks. After a good many shots, it still leaks, so I put in the next smaller spacer. It still leaks. I adjusted the velocity. It still leaks. I found that the trigger rod had to be shortened, but it still leaks. I changed to the grey spring. Still leaks. Does anyone have any ideas? Is the spring not strong enough? I guess my real question here is where might the leak be if I can't find out where it's comming from? I just hear a leak, but it sounds equaly strong from the barrel end and from the center of the grip frame.

athomas
12-04-2003, 08:46 AM
The bolt springs shouldn't have any effect on powertube leaks. I always like to start with the smallest spring in the kit. Find the carrier that allows the carrier/o-ring combination to fit snuggly over the bolt stem. It shouldn't be too tight that it is hard to move. Remove all shims from the powertube. Before you put the bolt in, put a drop of oil down the powertube. Now try your setup.

Once you get it working properly you can move up to a stiffer bolt spring and increase your velocity setting to compensate.