PDA

View Full Version : Following for the cause

FalconGuy016
12-04-2003, 09:46 PM
I have posted this already in another thread, but, I guess I wanted it to be seen by everyone. Mabye I can reduce some of it by making people more aware? I have no idea, but anyways,

I have graciously stayed away from the whole DB Xmag Nightmare thing, even though I read it. I didn't really feel like fighting a bunch of people this time around. Honestly if you have noticed I really dont have the patience and time for AO anymore (a blessing for some mabye? :p) so I stay out of a lot of things now a days. But if there is one thing I have noticed about these forums, is that there is a LOT of bandwagoning. Me of all people should know this too. I may have been a post whore but, I wasnt a retarded idiot post whore (to some extents :))

People <b>overreact</b> to <b>overreactions</b>. Those people who have overreacted to somebody's overreaction then gather a following of people that take <b>their</b> opinion, not their own, and make this unstoppable force that makes the original guy seem like a really bad guy who made stupid accusations or whatnot and needs to cool down. Then, a sort of backwash effect you can say, a lot of people fight FOR the original overreacter and say he wasnt all that bad, etc. Thats usually the more correct person, but even then, there are people that overreact to the overreacters of the original overreaction.

I also realize that this does not happen to these strict guidelines. It is a very loose structure of something that happens all the time. Many little things can be different, there are sincere people who are angry at whoever for their own reasons, but im just commenting in general.

Thats just something I noticed.

dinger
12-04-2003, 09:54 PM
lol i thought the same thing

and i thought i was just thinking too deeply lol

DJBacon06
12-04-2003, 10:00 PM
This is happening all too often. Somebody with higher "standings" in this fourm says something...and just to fit in and "be cool" tons of people will say the same thing(even though secretly they are thinking the exact opposite)

Oh and yes, i do realize I, myself am jumping on the bandwagon by agreeing with Falcon...but thats just the way it goes i guess;) :D

barberjohn
12-04-2003, 10:08 PM
yes, i admit i have also gone with the flow of people of "higher status", but im startin to get up there:D . well, imho, i think the late tommyd had some issues with overreacting, whatever happened to him anyway:confused: .

dinger
12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
i cant believe that there would be a hierarchy on a paintball forum lol

well i mean all due respect to TK, AGD employees, and the mods

yet there ARE some folks on here that are listened to, and have been enjoyed by the many people on here. [is on me? lol]

*ArKfEaR*
12-04-2003, 10:27 PM
FalconGuy016
- you basically said what I have been saying about AO lately, except you were light with your choice of words.

Anyway, its winter, so everyones sick and Automags.org caught the Pbnation virus...permantly. :rolleyes:

magking1971
12-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
FalconGuy016
- you basically said what I have been saying about AO lately, except you were light with your choice of words.

Anyway, its winter, so everyones sick and Automags.org caught the Pbnation virus...permantly. :rolleyes:
From the guy who has gloves flipping us off in his sig:rolleyes: nice

LaW
12-05-2003, 02:15 AM
I think you are overreacting

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-05-2003, 12:31 PM
I dont think that Automags.org is turning in a pbnation. That would really suck though. Pbnation is so full of flaming poo. When you state your opinion over there 1/4 of their million daily users flame you to death. If you ask a question they immediatley say something like... Stupid Question!...I think that Automags.org is far from like PBnation. I think AO should take away post count though so people won't just agree with the people who post all the time.

FalconGuy016
12-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by LaW

:D

Im not really talking about people with higher standings and stuff like that, but I guess thats true to some cases too. I havent really thought about that

And I dont believe AO is anywhere near pbnation yet :) mabye like 10% of it. Also keep in mind its not always good to be insanely strict. AO has come down the bar in that respect since I have joined, but not too much, and I dont think its particularily a bad thing. Just some side effects that might come along with that, but they are easy to widthstand :)

Also, I remember something pretty important that I didnt put in the original post. Even someone who has a completely legitimate and non-overreactive post sometimes have this situation happen to them, but thats FAR less likely.

cphilip
12-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LaW

Ditto...

Also notice its the trouble makers complaning the most! How about that! :D

cphilip
12-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
AO has come down the bar in that respect since I have joined...

No comment on that one! :D LOL... you just had to gimme one didn't ya? ;)

FalconGuy016
12-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Ditto...

Also notice its the trouble makers complaning the most! How about that! :D

Wait wait, thats two people now :) do you guys actually believe im overreacting? lol

barberjohn
12-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I think AO should take away post count though so people won't just agree with the people who post all the time.

i love the post count! it gives me something to try for (which i am sure is true for many other people), which then gets more people to post. if ao didnt have post count, it wouldnt be as much fun to post:D .

epterry
12-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Ok, I do not post a lot but I do read a lot of what is said on AO. I must agree with you on your bandwagon theory. But then again look at the average Amirican most of us copy a few people who dictate the way socioty will go. And why do paintball players (mostly us young people) try to act like the pros? One of the things I loved about AO when I joined is that most of the people here were good about not going with the magarity for no reason. If they did they still would say why and would actulay have a reason why. Now I think Ao as a whole is not quite as good at that.

Please excuse the spelling (Im trying to go against the magarity and their standereds:D )but really I am at the liberary and there is no spell check on this pc.