PDA

View Full Version : Backup marker: Electra vs. TES Sniper

tonybhall
12-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a second marker to use as a back up and to have for friends to play with. My primary is a Mag classic with hyperframe.

I have been looking at the Kingman Spyder Electra and the Dragun T.E.S. Sniper. If you have one, please also tell me what you think of the stock barrel.

I would appreciate any opinions from people familiar with these markers. I have about $250.00 max to spend. Or if you know of another marker in the same price range, feel free to suggest.

Thanks,
Bryan

-=Squid=-
12-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Easy choice. TES, it has so many more features.

1) more solid feel
2) faster
3) nice milling and anno
4) looks like a timmy, fool your friends :)
5) Anti Chop Eyes

Nuff' said.

FirePro84
12-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Dragun TES Review

ok, first of all, let me tell you where i'm coming from on this...

i've been playing almost 2 years now, i own 32 markers, including many cockers, blazers, pump guns, etc...but no electro's

i have used almost every electro out at one point or another...testing accuracy, efficiency, ease of use, reliability, etc etc...all the way from E-spyders to Angel-4 and Matrixes...

ok, that being said...

Dragun T.E.S.

my local field owner bought one of these a couple weeks ago, and had it out at the booth while i was working...he said "try this...its actually a really nice gun for the price" so i did...

i was AMAZED at all the stuff this small little gun had...
1)its light weight...weighs nothing w/o tank or hopper...
2)comes STOCK with Anti-Chop-Eyes
3)will accept Intimidator bolts if you switch the pins out (i highly reccomend getting a delrin bolt over the stock aluminum)
4)it will fire 16 BPS RELIABLY using a HaloB without skipping a beat and without seeing any noticeable dropoff...very easy to walk the trigger
5)adjusting the settings is very simple and easy to understand, i had mastered it within 5-10 mins
6)the stock barrel is very nice, and if you dont like it you can find spyder barrels anywhere...
7)comes STOCK with a drop forward AND an inline regulator
8)the inline regulator is GREAT! we used a 20 oz CO2 tank to power it and after about 40 shots in 50 degree weather (cold and rainy) the gun started letting snow and ice through the system...the inline regulator KEPT UP PERFECTLY showing no signs of dropoff shooting it at 12 - 14 BPS
9) the efficiency is SUPERB! we filled the 20 oz tank and put it on the gun, turned it on so the shot counter read 00000 and started firing it...when the gun started snowing we stopped shooting for a couple mins and then kept going on it till the tank ran out, we did use some paint but it was mostly dry-firing and once the tank was empty the shot counter read 1523...1523 shots off of a full CO2 tank...cold weather...stopping only to let the snow disperse...thats damn good for a spyder clone...

conclusion:

the name needs some work... (tactical electronic sniper...wtf...) but other than that the gun is overall great! soon in the future an upgrade will be available for around $180 - $200 to add an Air Ram to the gun which would basically turn it from a spyder to an intimidator type system...will be nice to have a Timmy like gun for so much less of a price.

Tippmanns are still total workhorses and i back them fully for a low level semi, i've used them on many occasions and they perfom excellently, especially the A5 series

if you want to go electro for low cost i HIGHLY RECCOMEND a Dragun T.E.S. they are hell and above the old M3 Dragun's...if you want to stay mechanical or possibly RT i'd stay with the tippman line...

FalconGuy016
12-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Ive heard nothing but great things about the TES

tyrion2323
12-05-2003, 04:47 PM
It's funny, becuase I actually just did the same sort of thread. Of course, Spyders are great, and I have always loved them, but in this case I recommend the TES. However, when you get it, you should change the name from TES to something way cooler. When you friends ask you what you are shooting, say,
"Oh, this ol' thing? Why, it's just the brand new Dragun ELIMINATO-INCERATOR 2000!" Then your friends will probably want your autograph, and lots of girls will want to have sex with you. Remember to use protection.

PRPB
12-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Not sure if your looking for new or used, but you can get a nice used bko for that price.

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-05-2003, 06:41 PM
the TES is a better gun than the electro spyder. many of my friends shoot spyders, as do I, but they are not as high-grade for the money like the TES is. an eye on a gun for 250.00! it is an insane deal! i am going to buy one of these things for an upgrade from my crappy spyder. if you want to see the TES shooting. go to www.dragunempire.com :D