PDA

View Full Version : Buy this Hyperflow or pass?

FallNAngel
12-05-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.. if so, just let me know and I'll delete/edit it.

Quick background first... My fiance is currently a 2k Dark Angel LCD with an old 88/4500 MaxFlo tank. Although it was decent for a while, last time we were at the field the reg got paint in it somehow (:confused:), which was enough to create massive dropoff, etc. Seeing as how I've also heard after time they'll need regular rebuilds, I've started looking around for a new tank.

So, I came across an out of hydro (11-00) Centerflag Hyperflow 201 for $125 shipped. From what I hear they're really high flow and quite consistant. Unfortunately, the one thing that puts me off is that the reg is SS, not aluminum. Any idea how the weight will compare to the MaxFlo? Any suggestion/comments about buying the Hyperflow in general? Any help/comments/feedback would be appreciated.. thanks guys!

LaW
12-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.. if so, just let me know and I'll delete/edit it.

Quick background first... My fiance is currently a 2k Dark Angel LCD with an old 88/4500 MaxFlo tank. Although it was decent for a while, last time we were at the field the reg got paint in it somehow (:confused:), which was enough to create massive dropoff, etc. Seeing as how I've also heard after time they'll need regular rebuilds, I've started looking around for a new tank.

So, I came across an out of hydro (11-00) Centerflag Hyperflow 201 for $125 shipped. From what I hear they're really high flow and quite consistant. Unfortunately, the one thing that puts me off is that the reg is SS, not aluminum. Any idea how the weight will compare to the MaxFlo? Any suggestion/comments about buying the Hyperflow in general? Any help/comments/feedback would be appreciated.. thanks guys!

The 201 will be lighter then the maxflo. I had a flatine tank and got a hyperflow 201 and its not really a big difference in weight. Sure its SS but its not a LOT of SS.... :)

FallNAngel
12-05-2003, 10:04 PM
That's what I was thinking. I did a search and found posts saying how tank 'x' was so much lighter with it's aluminum reg... I have a feeling these people just need to hit the gym. Any other reason not to get the hyperflow that you can think of?

LaW
12-05-2003, 10:06 PM
That's what I was thinking. I did a search and found posts saying how tank 'x' was so much lighter with it's aluminum reg... I have a feeling these people just need to hit the gym. Any other reason not to get the hyperflow that you can think of?

Well I never gave a reason not to get it :)

My 68/3k flatline weight was the same as the 68/4500 hyperflow 201 so yeah weight isn't a thing. Centerflage makes GREAT regs that require little to no maint. Its one of those tanks you can just use and use and can just forget about it :) Wont give you problems and if it does you have a company that really backs their products just like AGD

FallNAngel
12-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by LaW

Well I never gave a reason not to get it :)

Yeah yeah... ;) I was thinking of that after I clicked submit and figured you'd know what I meant. I'm just trying to make sure I'm not putting money into something that will cause problems down the road.

Originally posted by LaW
Wont give you problems and if it does you have a company that really backs their products just like AGD

Actually, Centerflag only offers like a 1 year warrently on the parts. On the plus side, I've heard they're willing to help, with any problems that *do* come up. So I suppose that's a good thing.

Last but not least. I've read both that this is not a servicable reg and I've heard that it is. Can ya set me straight on this? What I mean is, if the reg creeps or has a slow recharge, would I have to send it back to Centerflag for service? That was the one thing that I liked about the MaxFlo was that I could clean it myself if I had to... it wasn't until later that I found out after a while they'd need constant care.

LaW
12-05-2003, 10:26 PM

Actually, Centerflag only offers like a 1 year warrently on the parts. On the plus side, I've heard they're willing to help, with any problems that *do* come up. So I suppose that's a good thing.

Last but not least. I've read both that this is not a servicable reg and I've heard that it is. Can ya set me straight on this? What I mean is, if the reg creeps or has a slow recharge, would I have to send it back to Centerflag for service? That was the one thing that I liked about the MaxFlo was that I could clean it myself if I had to... it wasn't until later that I found out after a while they'd need constant care.

Regardless of their "warranty" they take care of their customers.

I have only had the tank for a month now but its a reg from 1999 I think and its never had issues. For the most part, despite a few people that might have had problems. Centerflag regs dont really need any service on them, like I said you can just forget about them and they will always work like a champ.

FallNAngel
12-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Sweet, sounds pretty good. Thanks man, I appreciate the help :D ...now I just have to make sure her mini-reg is working properly. I was single regging it with the MaxFlo.

Phil
12-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Why don't you just take apart the maxflo and clean out the paint. It should be pretty easy to return it to good working order. Regs are pretty simple in construction.

FallNAngel
12-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil
Why don't you just take apart the maxflo and clean out the paint. It should be pretty easy to return it to good working order. Regs are pretty simple in construction.

Because honestly, I think it's more of a pain than it's worth. I'd rather get a different tank and not have to worry about having to clean it out in the first place.