PDA

View Full Version : Nitro tank with reverse threads

minimagrules
12-06-2003, 12:00 AM
I bought a nitro tank that I got with my gun. I think it is a crossfire. I know it is a 68ci 3000psi tank. What puzzles me is that it's threads are reversed. You screw it into the Max-Flo regulator counter-clockwise. I just bought a valve protector for it and it didn't work. The threads are reversed. Do you know of other tanks like this and if I ever change tanks I will need them to have reverse threads for the Max-Flo. The tank valve only has a safety burst disk and a on/off. But no gauge, I'm looking for a tank with reverse threads or a tank valve w/ on/off, safety disk, and gauge. What can I do?

chizle97
12-06-2003, 11:54 PM
i remember reading something like that old style maxflows had revers threading but that was the tank/reg combo.

MSB304
12-07-2003, 07:22 PM
is this the same reg setup you have? http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/00/fb/95/26_1.JPG
it is reverse threaded too. sp max-flow. i have it listed on ebay if you are interested. if not interested still reply. i have a trick for these regs.

minimagrules
12-07-2003, 08:25 PM
I basically have the same setup, whats the trick.

MSB304
12-07-2003, 09:27 PM
you can use a normal threaded tank by replacing the asa threaded side of the reg setup with an asa adapter for remote. works great.

Evil1
12-08-2003, 02:08 AM
Did you say that the tank has no gauge on it?

athomas
12-08-2003, 09:15 AM
It is designed to be used with the old style Max Flow regs. The bottle does not have a regulator on it. It is reverse threaded so you don't accidentally screw it into a normal ASA and introduce unregulated 3000psi to the internals of the gun. Ideally, you should put the bottle on the gun while empty. Once the bottle is on the gun, then you fill it up. The older max flows didn't like to be hit with 3000psi all of a sudden. It was hard on the seals. Make sure you turn the tank on/off to the "on" position very gently once the tank is installed in the Max Flow to prevent any o-ring falures.