PDA

View Full Version : Dragun T.E.S vs. Evil Omen

tyrion2323
12-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Heya guys,

Well, I was originally planning to purchase an Omen, but the T.E.S has caught my eye. What are your thoughts? Anyone with firsthand experience of the two?

Jacob

Prairie
12-06-2003, 01:50 PM
If you are a beginner...or just dont want to deal with hassle every once in a while, get the dragun.

Fast. reliable...and with the one kit its a true electro.

tyrion2323
12-06-2003, 01:58 PM
I'm not a beginner to paintball, but a beginner to electros

pbcustom98
12-06-2003, 02:19 PM
depends on what your looking for. the omen is nice..has cam feed with an offset vert feed...some people dont like the off set vert feed since they arent comfy with it. i liked it when i had my omen. it comes with a stock on/off drop which is pretty nice. the TES..has an eye and is supposed to be a timmy knockoff..i cant speak much else about it since im not totally sure..but it cant be horrible with an eye... to each his own. it all boils down to what you want/like.

hope it helps.
Daniel

68magOwner
12-06-2003, 07:00 PM
ive yet to encounter an omen, but ive seen to TES's both chopped, but it wasnt the eyes fault, cuz 1 had a halo, so it was feeding, so it must have been the bolt, but both were very fast, and with the soon to be releaased upgrade kit, it will shoot and look as good as any timmy or impulse for only like $500 (250 for gun, 250 for upgrade) so i think its very good for the price, and HIGHLY upgradable.

dinger
12-06-2003, 07:07 PM
i was screwing around with an omen a few hours ago at a shop, and even without air i just liked the way it sounded! ^^ i think that with air it would be REALLY easy to sweetspot :o

offset r/f is soo coool

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-06-2003, 07:12 PM
GET THE TES! I have shot both, and the TES totally outdoes the Omen plus it is much cheaper. The Cam Feed on the Omen is awful unless it is tuned by Evil themselves. The TES eye works well most of the time. You will want an EGG or a Halo to keep up with it. The TES is all around Higher quality. The Omen has pirahna internals and is just a fancy spoofed up pirahna. If you get the One Kit like suggested in an earlier post your gun will work like an Impulse or a Timmy. I highly recommend the TES over the Omen. You will be much happier with your purchase.

Lata,
Mags

MattG
12-06-2003, 07:45 PM
I was reffing today and a young boy had one of these TES. Man it ripped as fast as my TXS timmey with my debounce high. It did chop but it was very cold.

krafty
12-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Haven't seen a TES, but I know I'd never buy an omen. Just having to adjust recock every time you adjust velocity would drive me insane! :D

Brownie
12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
dont buy an omen!!! they suckk and chop like crazy. id even shoot a TES. our shop has quite a few and they sell like hotcakes!! it dosent chop due to the eye. we were shooting some paint through one at the field yesterday and it ripped!! and we were just using a revy and it didnt chop. the eye rocks.. its just like the timmies eye. i love the gun. i shoot a timmy and itd make an awsome backup gun or something. the only thing it just isnt as fast as my timmy but get the TES over the crappy omen. plus it is like 1/3 cheaper

pbcustom98
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hodgie8287
dont buy an omen!!! they suckk and chop like crazy.

have you ever used an omen personally? was it tuned right? what kind of loader did you use? if any of the first two were no..and the last question as a loader not fast enuff, then you have no comment on the omen. dont judge something if you havent used it personally. if both were yes..then to each his own. but evil has had problems with some of the guns being tuned right and still chopping. people have sent in their gun, and evil has returned them with a completely new gun. not bad if you ask me.

Brownie
12-08-2003, 06:37 PM
i have shot an omen. it was straight from the factory sent to the field as a demo. we had an halo on it and it chopped. maybe if u get em tuned and they r fine. i dont know. i just know if u get a TES u wont have to worry bout sending it in to get it tuned. just my 2 cents

pbcustom98
12-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by hodgie8287
i have shot an omen. it was straight from the factory sent to the field as a demo. we had an halo on it and it chopped. maybe if u get em tuned and they r fine. i dont know. i just know if u get a TES u wont have to worry bout sending it in to get it tuned. just my 2 cents

mine was sent straight from the factory...still needs to be tuned...shaking and wobbling from shipping can cause the recock and reg to change settings...if they are actually set at the factory. if the bumper was shot then you would chop. every marker has its problems, no matter what it is. mags/cockers/trixes/angels/pulses/shockers...all have problems of there own, some easily fixed. most are from not being setup correctly. however, when they are tuned properly..they all are great.

:)

Evil1
12-09-2003, 02:45 AM
I shot an Omen a few days ago and it was awesome. It shot real smooth and fast and the price is fair.

tyrion2323
12-09-2003, 12:26 PM
no matter which marker you choose, you're going to end up with a great marker for a great price. I own an omen and my team is sponsored by Dragun, so we're gettin T.E.Ss soon - great markers, both of them.

ASDadam
12-09-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm sorry, but if i spend 450 for a gun i damn well expect to not have to send it in to get tuned as soon as i get the gun. Thats just horrible. Thats not something like a chip problem or maybe something with the bolt, thats an entire gun problem.

pbcustom98
12-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ASDadam
I'm sorry, but if i spend 450 for a gun i damn well expect to not have to send it in to get tuned as soon as i get the gun. Thats just horrible. Thats not something like a chip problem or maybe something with the bolt, thats an entire gun problem.

i didnt buy mine for 450 :D. i didnt have to send mine in. the ones that had to be sent in were some of the older versions with smaller trigger guards and silver trigger. mine happend to work well when i had it. if it was a chip problem..then you would still have to send it to them for them to fix it. unless you buy a new chip like the pdp (adjustable debounce and 25bps---not sure on bps)