PDA

View Full Version : Painting a guitar

Python14
12-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I have this ESP M-107 lying around that I haven't played in a while so I decided I'm going to take a stab at giving it a new paint job. Here are my ideas, I haven't decided what to do just yet.

-Soulfly tribal logo with gold-leaf outline and red/green/orange/black/yellow swirl fill inside the logo. Outside the tribal logo would be a really lusterous red varnish with Black Runes around the edge.

-Red with hidden dark red(can only be seen at an angle) tribal flames

-flat black with "Soulfly tribe" tattoo below the bridge(like a tattoo angel)

BTW, just so you know. I have taken the effort to remove the neck pickup, fill in the holes, and removed all the selectors and knobs. The deck is bare except for the bridge and single humbucker. It's very smooth too, no dents or scratches.

Oh yea, and decorative art like this is my second natural talent. My mom taught me how to do gold-leaf when I was like 6.

f3rr3+
12-06-2003, 04:43 PM
sounds cool, mad ups for being able to do that kinda stuff.... i can only do sweet designs on a computer :P in real life i just cant get it...

land hurricane
12-06-2003, 10:56 PM
i don't think flames would look too good, just my thing though.

you should make a replica of that guitar that looks like a bullseye, i think its a 'zakk wylde edition' or soemthing..

anyway, good luck.. post pics when you are done.