PDA

View Full Version : Paintball mentioned on tv!!

penguinpunk555
12-06-2003, 08:13 PM
I was watching history channel and they said the most popular growing sport is paintball.Finaly reconition that its a sport on local cabel channels!!!!!

LaW
12-06-2003, 08:37 PM
so you were watching paintball and they said that it was the most popular growing sport? A bit biased?

The kid edited his post, he originally said he was watching paintball and later changed it to the history channel.

ZyperioN
12-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Um, well for all intensive purposes paintball is the fastest growing extreme sport, so it isn't biased.:rolleyes:

LaW
12-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
Um, well for all intensive purposes paintball is the fastest growing extreme sport, so it isn't biased.:rolleyes:

Hate to jump on it but how the hell is this an extreme sport? I dont see any comparisons..... enlighten me. Cause honestly there are plenty of people that play paintball that are in horrible shape, play back just stand and shoot paint. What is "extreme" about it? I jsut have a big problem with that.

jwren00
12-06-2003, 09:35 PM
law stop arguing with everyone, get a life

LaW
12-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jwren00
law stop arguing with everyone, get a life

Ok wow, where did that come from? Who are you? What do you actually know about me? And why are you arguing with me arguing? I think life is naturally an argument. Without arguing life would be boring and everyone would have the same beliefs how fun would that be?

magman007
12-06-2003, 09:50 PM
no, look. he is right. How is paintball so extreme? TELL me. Can you really f your self up doing it? I dont consider it extreme, unless i can f my self up doing it. Snow boarding, and inlining, i can f my self up doing....

Hell, hockey and lacrosse are more extreme than paintball.

Never the less i still love the sport

~WarpedRT#2~
12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Where did he say he was watching paintball? He said history channel...

And yes, it is an extreme sport. The nature is extreme, shooting at other people is extreme, the speed of the balls is extreme, that sort of stuff.

Do you consider skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, extreme sports?

I dont consider riding a long board extreme..., and I dont consider carving all day on a wave, or mountain extreme, but when you add tricks, it is. Same with paintball, back players dont play "extreme" but many front players do. It's all in how YOU play the game.

LaW
12-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
Where did he say he was watching paintball? He said history channel...

HE EDITED HIS POST! That is not what it originally said.

And yes, it is an extreme sport. The nature is extreme, shooting at other people is extreme, the speed of the balls is extreme, that sort of stuff.

Shooting people with paint is not extreme. The people playing are not... the paint may be extreme paint :) but the people are not really extreme. Sure there are so great athletes in paintball but there is no "death factor", no sense of danger. There is nothing to fear, there is nothing to do to progress the extremeness of the sport. I just cant buy it.

Of course I do, all require you to be in great shape and to be able to progress. Requires lots of physical skill. I dont personally like surfing but skateboarding and snowboarding... There is a danger factor, you can take it to new death defying levels!

I dont consider riding a long board extreme..., and I dont consider carving all day on a wave, or mountain extreme, but when you add tricks, it is. Same with paintball, back players dont play "extreme" but many front players do. It's all in how YOU play the game.

I mean what tricks are there in paintball that an average Joe couldnt do? I just dont buy into "how YOU play the game"...

PyRo
12-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by LaW

I think life is naturally an argument. Without arguing life would be boring and everyone would have the same beliefs how fun would that be?

Thats not true!! Plenty of people are perfectly happy without arguing, like people in comas. They are perfectly happy without arguing, now when cannot you be too!!! If everyone had the same beliefes we wouldn't have wars and other bad things happening. So I win.

P.S.
I'm not arguing that arguing is bad, I swear :)

vf-xx
12-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Ah well I saw the same show that he's referencing. History channel was doing a "Boy's Toys" special with Jenny McCarthy (I think) anyways they did a history of some of the extreme sports (IE skateboarding, Luge, Wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc...) They ended the show with that short reference to paintball. I had hoped they'd do a "history of" for that too, but they didn't. Tease....

LaW
12-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by PyRo

Thats not true!! Plenty of people are perfectly happy without arguing, like people in comas. They are perfectly happy without arguing, now when cannot you be too!!! If everyone had the same beliefes we wouldn't have wars and other bad things happening. So I win.

P.S.
I'm not arguing that arguing is bad, I swear :)

HAHA I love it :)

UltimatePaintballer
12-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LaW
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~

Of course I do, all require you to be in great shape and to be able to progress. Requires lots of physical skill. I dont personally like surfing but skateboarding and snowboarding... There is a danger factor, you can take it to new death defying levels!

law, i agree with you all the way, but in xball you have to be in pretty good shape to play that.

Originally posted by LaW

I mean what tricks are there in paintball that an average Joe couldnt do? I just dont buy into "how YOU play the game"... [/B]

in professional paintball, those guys can do great things. i dont think if you handed someone on the street, took them to a airball course and had it 4 on 1, i don't even think he would make it to the next bunker. also i don't think the "average joe" could jump over a snake, bunker out the man thats there, then shoot out a corner guy, and grab the flag and hang it in even a minute. this game requires alot.

but again, i agree with law, this is not a extreme sport. its almost like hunting with a couple of twists.

just my .02 cents

LaW
12-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer

law, i agree with you all the way, but in xball you have to be in pretty good shape to play that.

Yup you need goot endurance. But honestly that doesnt make it extreme... Many sports require you to be in good shape.

in professional paintball, those guys can do great things. i dont think if you handed someone on the street, took them to a airball course and had it 4 on 1, i don't even think he would make it to the next bunker. also i don't think the "average joe" could jump over a snake, bunker out the man thats there, then shoot out a corner guy, and grab the flag and hang it in even a minute. this game requires alot.

but again, i agree with law, this is not a extreme sport. its almost like hunting with a couple of twists.

And yet that doesnt make it extreme either :)

UltimatePaintballer
12-06-2003, 10:35 PM
what was i just saying, i agree with you that its not extreme, but i was making a point that the average joe cannot just pick up a gun, and rip up and down the field like some people can

JT2002
12-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by LaW

Without arguing life would be boring and everyone would have the same beliefs how fun would that be?
maybey not! ;) :D thats something we here in america call freedom of speech. that doesnt mean you have to argue with everyone :D

LaW
12-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by JT2002

maybey not! ;) :D thats something we here in america call freedom of speech. that doesnt mean you have to argue with everyone :D

Ha well you know most of it is just friendly arguing :) haha

ERut
12-06-2003, 10:55 PM
ex·treme
adj.
1) Most remote in any direction; outermost or farthest: the extreme edge of the field.

2) Being in or attaining the greatest or highest degree; very intense: extreme pleasure; extreme pain.

3) Extending far beyond the norm: an extreme conservative. See Synonyms at excessive.

4) Of the greatest severity; drastic: took extreme measures to conserve fuel.

Sports.
5)Very dangerous or difficult: extreme rafting.
Participating or tending to participate in a very dangerous or difficult sport: an extreme skier.

6)Archaic. Final; last.

LaW
12-06-2003, 10:58 PM
And with that definition I rest my case ;) haha Paintball is definately not very dangerous nor is it a difficult sport. Unless someone finds it difficult to point and shoot.

UltimatePaintballer
12-06-2003, 11:08 PM
with mirrored lens all covered with spray and your barrel loose so you just chop and most balls not making it in the barrel, thats hard, kinda hard to point and shoot :(

elpimpo
12-06-2003, 11:32 PM
hey i tore my knee up playing. i know like 3 other people who have had knee surgery because of paintball.

LaW
12-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
hey i tore my knee up playing. i know like 3 other people who have had knee surgery because of paintball.

Yeah but thats stuff that you really never expect to happen. You dont go out playing everyday with that really big possibility your going to be somewhat seriously injured after your done.... :) haha I have had my share of injuries playing too

agdemagman69
12-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by magman007
no, look. he is right. How is paintball so extreme? TELL me. Can you really f your self up doing it? I dont consider it extreme, unless i can f my self up doing it. Snow boarding, and inlining, i can f my self up doing....

I had to post it...

http://www.theangelguy.com/store/images/Poser04.jpg

now that is f'd up

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 12:35 AM
somebody got a little bored

Big_Chops
12-07-2003, 01:25 AM
ask dave youngblood or w/e it is. i am pretty sure he agrees that paintball is an extreme sport. according to what he said in the smoked world cup dvd. and yes u can f ur self up in paintball. i have seen broken arms. its the rush and the risk is what keeps people comming back. there are so many ways to get hurt. i should know, i have found every possible way to hurt myself even walking up the basment steps. now thats extreme;)

fell free to hurt me all you want if i sound like an idiot. seriously:D

magman007
12-07-2003, 01:34 AM
listen, within normal expectations of play, no, you cant f your self up. Only in the most extreme cases can you. Only if you make a stupid superman dife, and you land wrong can you really hurt your self, you could do this just as easily pole vaulting or even jumping a bar. Hell, you can be running hurdles trip and bite it.

the welt thing, thats only of you accept em, normal conditions do not allow this.

You see, when you are competing in other extreme sports, you bust out your tricks, and you either do it, or bite it. Paintball is not the same.

Look, how can you call a sport safer than bowling safer?

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by magman007

Look, how can you call a sport safer than bowling safer?

you mean extreme

S.S Bandit1
12-07-2003, 02:28 AM
maybe paintball would be an "extreme" sport if we played with no masks...

Just think...
"Oh last week Johnny died from playing that "extreme paintball" after he was hit in the eye and the ball became lodged in his brain. He had fun though."

(extreme or not, who cares. Paintball rules!)

LaW
12-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by S.S Bandit1
maybe paintball would be an "extreme" sport if we played with no masks...

Just think...
"Oh last week Johnny died from playing that "extreme paintball" after he was hit in the eye and the ball became lodged in his brain. He had fun though."

(extreme or not, who cares. Paintball rules!)

The no mask thing was a topic of conversation between magman and I earlier :) We got a good laugh out of it...

Grasshopper
12-07-2003, 03:43 AM
In that definition of extreme, it said something about the sport being difficult. It <b>is</b> difficult to be good. One good player take out a countless number of "noobies". It is not easy to master.

As with skating; one good skater will amaze thousands of people, whereas thousands of "noobie" skaters will attract no attention. Paintball is difficult to master.

LaW
12-07-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
In that definition of extreme, it said something about the sport being difficult. It <b>is</b> difficult to be good. One good player take out a countless number of "noobies". It is not easy to master.

As with skating; one good skater will amaze thousands of people, whereas thousands of "noobie" skaters will attract no attention. Paintball is difficult to master.

It is not that difficult... really it isnt

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 02:37 PM
if you play real paintball it is (tourney ball)

bko_dawg
12-07-2003, 02:57 PM
what is so hard about sayin paintball is not extreme tourny level is definatley extreme (u cant forget about the rush so law shut tha crap up):)

LaW
12-07-2003, 03:56 PM
if you play real paintball it is (tourney ball)

HAHA "real" paintball? Oh come on.... give me a break!

bko_dawg.... I have played sports that are actually catagorized as "extreme".... tourny level or not paintball doesnt match that catagory for me... You have your opinion I have mine and you can shut your trap too then :)

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 04:18 PM
how about when lasoya put 14 on that dudes nogin and knocked him out.

LaW
12-07-2003, 04:19 PM
how about when lasoya put 14 on that dudes nogin and knocked him out.

What is extreme about that? Doing something completely uncalled for? That is not the sport. Try again...

tony3
12-07-2003, 04:54 PM
How many skateboarders have ever died from skateboarding? Im going to guess none. So therefore skateboarding shouldn't be an "extreme" sport. What about inline skating? Or Mountain biking? No sport is really "extreme" anymore. You can get hurt in all sports about equally the same. People have been blinded in baseball, parazlyed in football, and broke their necks in bowling. The whole extreme thing is stupid, out of date fad type thing.