PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rust?

68automag1212
12-06-2003, 08:55 PM
My friend told me that the automag body will rust easily if left wet, is this true?

ZyperioN
12-06-2003, 09:00 PM
If it weren't made of stainless steel then it would, but because AGD means quality you don't have to worry about any rusting at all. Obviously your friend has no idea what he's talking about.

jobo_18
12-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I have played in all conditions with my mag from 100+ degreese to -4 degreese and rain to snow. the bueatyful thing about STAINLESS steel is that not only is it extremely durable but it is also STAINLESS.

GhillieGuy
12-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
If it weren't made of stainless steel then it would, but because AGD means quality you don't have to worry about any rusting at all. Obviously your friend has no idea what he's talking about.
As a matter of fact he might:) A little while ago i took out my dads old mag from the attic and found rust on the body form sitting in a damp place so ya it can be true.
(btw it was on old std. feed blast body):)

krafty
12-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Stainless can rust, but it'll take a whole lot of moisture over a long period of time. Getting your mag wet in a rainstorm WON'T do it. :)

If you're going to store it for long periods of time (years), do what firearms owners do and coat the gun in a thin layer of oil. That'll keep water away and keep it as nice as it was new.

Branchvillian
12-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Actually, when I had my grey powdercoat body, it would get these little corrosion spots on it. I would just take a strong metal cleaner called Noxon and ut a little bit on. It took it right off. The same thing happened to my teamates Rat Impulse, and that's aluminum. His body was powdercoated too, and since aluminum doesn't rust, I am assuming it has something to do with the powdercoat.

Nobody077
12-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Most of the time if there is quick rust on a Mag body its usaly from beeing cleaned with steelwool. Some people clean the SS bodies with SOS pads or other steelwool items, they clean the grayblast bodies great but leave small amounts of there steel behind, and that is what the rust is usaly on.

emperor_lunchbox
12-08-2003, 12:39 PM
the other day i noticed my valve had a few rust spots on it, i was weird though because i started shooting again, and it started to sweat a little then i took my sleeve and gave i few wipes and it went away. My gun is new as well, i got it about a month ago. but yeah it will rust and it will go away as well.

Alert
12-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Stainless steal can rust but it will take at least a year of sitting in a damp place with no care to rust. Most of the time this rust is so minor you can wipe it off with a rag.

Perhaps your friend doesnt want u to kick his butt with your new mag :)