PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem???

PBCapo
12-06-2003, 10:18 PM
I remember reading about these a while ago. I remember that it was a very lp electro that seemed awesome. I thought it was like 600 bucks but i found it for 270. Anybody know anything about these or weather or not thats a good deal?

sniper1rfa
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
i have probably the best mayhem in existence. Believe me when i say... they are crap. Absolute crap. The design is cool, but PGI didnt do a good job applying it, and the gun therefore sucks.

68magOwner
12-06-2003, 10:45 PM
umm, my friend got 1 off ebay for $150 new, and i dunno wat sniper1rfa is talking about, its as small, and lighter than a mag, with a really nice trigger, dosent chop if you have a motorized hopper (im assuming most of us do), i think its a really goot gun for fron players, i know i wouldnt mind having one to switch out for my Z gripped mag some days (mag would still be my main gun, mayhem's just fun to play with) i probably wouldnt recommend it if you were gonna play serious tournie ball with it, only because of the low BPS cap, i think its only 8bps, and i havnt seen any upgrade boards, but, its not so bad, because if you shoot over 8 bps, then it dosent not shoot, it just shoots 8bps no matter how fast you shoot. (dunno if theres any rules against that) the guy who own's it NEVER cleans or oil's his guns, i try to get him to, but no, and it still works fine. For the money there is no gun that you can get new that will be better.

sniper1rfa
12-06-2003, 11:12 PM
all the mayhems i have used have chopped like nothing else.

they are light, durable, and fun to play with. But i have never seen one that doesnt chop. *shrug*

I think i am an authority, i did some development work for PGI. stopped because they are crappy engineers. Not saying they arent nice when they dont eat paint. Thats just a rarity.

here is mine, for the record. :) I like mine.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=667614

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=828118

68magOwner
12-06-2003, 11:23 PM
ns firestorm frame, you wouldnt happen to have a board at a higher ROF cap that my friend could buy would you?

sniper1rfa
12-06-2003, 11:26 PM
at the time of the pic, that was running a morlock. I refuse to use a PGI board... :)

right now, the gun is in a non-functional state on my armchair. Money needed to set it back up is instead being channeled over to the snipergat (a gun i designed).

nicad
12-07-2003, 01:52 AM
I have messed with mayhems and, aside from sniper, have jacked with a few mayhems quite a bit. I finally came to the conclusion that they are *el crapo*. no questions asked.

they look good on paper. 100psi. angel threaded feed neck, closed bolt, light weight, electronic, cocker threaded barrels, rotateable breech... etc.

but in reality, they are loud, they kick, 8-9bps max( without any mods), theyll chop your finger off if you get in the way of the bolt (no kidding at all here.. over 200LBs of bolt force), and they drink air like crazy.

so. dont get one. :)
if you do, dont pay more than like $50 for it just so you can mess with it.

out!

Creative Mayhem
12-07-2003, 11:15 AM
WHAT?!?!?!

Oh wait..... you weren't calling me... my bad. :( :D

ICOM
12-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Mayhem, NO one LIKES you! ;) ;)

Timmee
12-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
all the mayhems i have used have chopped like nothing else.

they are light, durable, and fun to play with. But i have never seen one that doesnt chop. *shrug*

I think i am an authority, i did some development work for PGI. stopped because they are crappy engineers. Not saying they arent nice when they dont eat paint. Thats just a rarity.

here is mine, for the record. :) I like mine.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=667614

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=828118

AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! Now the nightmares are going to come back. :( :)

Fred
12-07-2003, 05:23 PM
I dunno what your idea of a good trigger pull is, but the ones i've tried had some of the worst e-triggers i've ever seen... so sloppy it was almost insultimg...

and the ones i tried putting paint through were really good at only one thing, breaking paint in the breech...

---Fred