PDA

View Full Version : I was once a multiple 'Mag owner....

Wolf
12-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Okay, let me say that for years I loved my Mags – first a Minimag and then an Automag RT – until the paint chopping problems became chronic. I believe it was 1994-1999 that I used my ‘Mags. I could make the triggers sing, could easily work on them (loved the KISS mentality), got barrels I liked to use in them, and I could do some minor customizing. Only recently did I sell my Minimag (it had been a loaner and what my fiancé used when she played and the RT’s been gone for a few years) and my “paintball jacket” with all my game patches still has the huge AGD Lions logo patch on its back (pretty much retired due to current sponsorship). Again, back then I was a dedicated AGD man (my two ‘Mags got a lot of magazine time -- usually PGI -- and images can still be seen on a couple sites).

In the late ‘90s, between big rec games and many tourneys in the region (big and small) using specific brand paint (it was mainly one brand, but they were usually the event paint), my ‘Mags became blenders. This was over and over and especially at the worst possible moments. With the loss in trust of my equipment I had no choice but to look elsewhere. I eventually bought an Angel LED and suddenly I did not have the paint issues I had been dealing with my ‘Mags. I also developed a different shooting style with the short electronic Angel trigger that made me feel POHI handicapped when I tried the ‘Mag trigger (and it was never about huge volumes of fast paint). Anyway, I finally was able to work into a WDP sponsorship and I still love and trust my Angels (though I prefer my two LEDs to the bells-and-whistles Ir3 I had). I am actually scared to tech my Angel, though, unlike my KISS ‘Mags of old.

Anyway, I am looking to get some info on the NEW ‘Mags (E/X/ULE/whatever). Again, I love my Angels, but am trying to stay informed (especially with the whole SP lawsuit and such -- Grrrr). Even though I liquidated all my ‘Mag stuff to good homes, I might be interested. Tom, Tyger, anyone?

Rick “Wolf” Martin
Twilight Zone, Captain (SE Michigan)
Paintball 2Xtremes, Contributing Editor
Crossfire, Contributing Editor
Edsel Ford HS Paintball Club staff sponsor

Fred
12-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Well, since you're in the area...

Drop by Killer Paintball in Livonia and have a chat with Potatoboy... he's a certified tech and has all the new goodies in the store...

btw, cool to see someone from TZ posting here... you guys have a great field presence but not much on the net.

---Fred

Wolf
12-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Fred
Well, since you're in the area...

Drop by Killer Paintball in Livonia and have a chat with Potatoboy... he's a certified tech and has all the new goodies in the store...

btw, cool to see someone from TZ posting here... you guys have a great field presence but not much on the net.

---Fred

I was planning to head up there and get my tanks rehydroed (and ask about a 2004 field update).

Thanks for the kind words. Families and careers keep most of us off the computers (and most of us have Angels when it comes to this forum).

Take care,

Rick

lew
12-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Which one is potatoboy? I probably have spoken with him, but did not realize who it was.

Potatoboy
12-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah, basically I have everything maggy you could desire in the store. Heck, There are two x's on the wall.

The Automag really has come a long way since you've last used them.

The level 10 bolt system is just the first in a long line of innovations.

The level 10 system is a bolt with so light a force, it won't even harm your finger, let alone even thing about breaking a ball.

The level 10 system has been somehat copied by the JAM industries bolts for the autococker, and the new angel bolds have the AGD foamie idea as well...

If you have any specific questions about anything, feel fre to ask, and myself or others will gladly answer them.

Potatoboy
12-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by lew
Which one is potatoboy? I probably have spoken with him, but did not realize who it was.

http://www.automags.org/resource/siteinfo/moderators.shtml

ERut
12-06-2003, 11:14 PM
With level ten, you really will never chop.

Wolf
12-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Just bumping this back up for more input...

I did go by the store to hold the black X-mag, but it wasn't aired up and he got busy. I gave out magazines and handed my two tanks in for hydroing, though.

Rick - TZ

Fred
12-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Tater- that is a great pic... HULK HANDS! :D

I was hanging out in the store... for way too long on saturday.. funny how fast 4pm becomes 6pm becomes... 9:30?!?! :eek:

always fun to just start putting together misc mag parts to see how they look... mm... nickel ULE and Intelli with blue rail... (insert Homer drooling noice...)

---Fred

Potatoboy
12-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Well, techinically it's store policy to not gas up the display markers, so that they're still in new condition when the customer purchases them.

What type of input are you looking for?

New mags are light, fast, and don't break paint.

With the new RT ULEs they're less expensive than ever.

Oh, and UPS is picking your behemoth tanks tomorrow, do me a favor and empty them next time, I don't have tons of proconnects lying around the shop. :P

Evil1
12-09-2003, 02:42 AM
The LX pretty much stops the chops, sorry you sold your mags, I'd definitely get anew one Emag or XMag preferably.

Wrathchild
12-09-2003, 02:54 AM
More Michigan AOers, w00t. I swear by my old school RT w/ level 10... My 2k2 CnC Angel LCD sits in my gearbag while I use my sexy mech mag. You will not be disappointed at all with the new mags... "Quality always shoots straight" has risen to a whole new level. Killer Paintball is the only place that I will let touch my mags <-- Plural... I own 4 of them. lol. If mags are for ***s... then im one ghey bastitch. Anyways, Potatoboy is the bomb. If there is anything you need to know just jump on the AO Chat. There is always at least one Michigan AO'er on there and many others from around the country, with a few Canucks, that can help you with anything you may need.

breg
12-09-2003, 03:49 AM
Honestly, I'm a loyal Mag supporter. It's not to say that I've not shot faster or prettier, but they are my favorite. From personal exdpierence, I've taken a dollar bill and put it in the breech of my Mag with LX intaslled, and not even crinkled the bill. And, now with the different ULE Mods, they are a whole new gun. Totally awsome...

Reckoner67
04-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Not EVERYONE on TZ uses those Angels. For the past few years I've been using my E-mag Micro, other then some problems I had initially getting it up and running right (long painful story there) it's been singing the past few times I've had it out. It will be getting a lot more use this year - can't let TZ become overpopulated with Angels. :) I'll make sure Wolf get's a chance to give it a run this year.

MagMcBride
04-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a dream being able to play with mag parts all day,.....I live in W.Va. (near VA and MD) and I am the only person here that uses a mag (and am shunned for it).... :( :(

steveo356
04-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by MagMcBride
Sounds like a dream being able to play with mag parts all day,.....I live in W.Va. (near VA and MD) and I am the only person here that uses a mag (and am shunned for it).... :( :(

same thing here in NY only 1 aroudn usin a mag people pick on ya stick you start rippin strings

MagMcBride
04-03-2004, 01:11 AM
ya,....I was talking to a ref at my local field and he started knocking my gun to my face, so I said that's cool and walked away....played against him in a speedball game l8r and he bonus'd ball'd me like 9 times,....I was so pissed I threatened to smash his face in....O btw he was using a shoebox shocker.... lol

JimmyBeam
04-03-2004, 02:10 AM
wait a sec, im a new mag owner, and tomorrow is gonna be the first day im gonna get to go out and have some fun with it. ive already installed a ULE body, but havent gotten the Lev X yet, should i be worried about chopping alot?

JimmyBeam
04-03-2004, 02:26 AM
nm, i kinda answered my own question by reading some of the other posts.

Psycho Chicken
04-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey wolf, if you come to the mi ao day i'll let you try my xmag. It was tuned and setup by dave at killer (funkmunky56)

jon-micheal
05-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I Want To Buy A Nitro Tank If Any One Has One For Sale That For A Good Price Cant Be Steel Eather And Id Like It To Be A 68/3000 Fiber Raped.

lord1234
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
someone delete this last thread...why is it here?

MagMcBride
05-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Well I dont know much about sexually molesting a N2 tank, but I have heard of Fiber *Wrapped* LMAO