PDA

View Full Version : I feel like being an idiot and spending my money

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok if you read my cocker thread i wanted a cocker, but a *cough* reliable *cough* scource told me not to. so i am now going to consider ALL markers within the $400 price range.

Requirements
-it will be owned by an idiot(me)so it should be durable
-it must be able to take a beating (thrown at a tree or a toilet)
-It would be nice if it could take co2 and n2
-highly customizable please
-good for both rec and speedball

gimmi suggestions

Lohman446
12-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Ummm the RT Pro (factory direct) meets all your conditions except for taking CO2 (can't do).

AcemanPB
12-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Ditto.

Though if you do decide to get the RT-PRO factory direct, then I would atleast fork over the extra 20 bucks for the ULE body. You can't beat that deal.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-07-2003, 06:13 PM
o i forgot to mention - I already have a mag

so lets keep of the mags

darklord
12-07-2003, 06:24 PM
I'd invest in a compressed air (n2) tank, for any marker... CO2 is a big no-no. If it's being "owned by an idiot", an autococker will probably not be the marker for you (if you mess up the timing, I think you'll have a tough time trying to fix it again).

"Thrown at a tree or in a toilet"?? I hope you're not serious. If you have any common sense you should know how to avoid situations like this (especially bringing your marker with you in the bathroom??). Automags are pretty reliable markers, and are durable as heck, there's no denying it.

Depending on what kind of tournament you're entering.... as in the level of difficulty, I guess some sort of automag will do. Just make sure it has a level 10 bolt.

If you just want a fast little marker that has a speedy pull and is relatively inexpensive, there's always the bushmaster. If you can find a used one with PDS, you won't have much problems chopping.

Are you including motorized loaders into the equation? With out a doubt, you'll need one, especially with a fast marker. Same with compressed air.

Lethargic
12-07-2003, 06:55 PM
get a used LED angel. you can pick one up for 300 bucks with plenty of upgrades thrown in. Those things are pretty fast too.

anyway, thats my vote.

RRfireblade
12-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Without seeing your "cocker" thread,I'm gonna say Cocker.

Great gun for the price (easily under $300 used)in stock form,easily maintained dispite the typical misinformed opinions out there,upgradable in more possible ways than probably any gun ever made and perfectly suited to all styles of play and forms of air source.

Jay.

Perhaps you just need a new "reliable" source of info.;)

cphilip
12-07-2003, 07:20 PM
I just might have a fairly highly upgraded special milled Cocker for sale.. for around that kinda money...

Hey Jay, you ever get that X Mag display window i promised you? I forget. Saw one in my tool box and thought I only had one. Might be yours! LMK...

yeahthatsme
12-07-2003, 07:21 PM
i'd say an impulse...it meets pretty much all of your requirements.

deathstalker
12-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Without seeing your "cocker" thread,I'm gonna say Cocker.

Great gun for the price (easily under $300 used)in stock form,easily maintained dispite the typical misinformed opinions out there,upgradable in more possible ways than probably any gun ever made and perfectly suited to all styles of play and forms of air source.

Jay.

Perhaps you just need a new "reliable" source of info.;)
Ahem... I'm his source and if you knew Snyper, you would also know, without a shadow of a doubt, that a 'cocker is not for him. This is definitely one of those times when it's the player, not the gun. :)

I think an Impulse might be a good option, too.

RRfireblade
12-07-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by deathstalker

Ahem... I'm his source and if you knew Snyper, you would also know, without a shadow of a doubt, that a 'cocker is not for him. This is definitely one of those times when it's the player, not the gun. :)

I think an Impulse might be a good option, too.

With all do respectm,an Imp requires WAY more maintanace than a Cocker.

Maybe he just needs another Mag.;)

FreakBaller12
12-07-2003, 07:50 PM
my vote is for a bushy

rdb123
12-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Maybe an Omen?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-07-2003, 08:36 PM
lol death you wouldnt even trust me with a stapler on the field.

I still feel like i want a cocker...something about it just gets to me.

hey cphillip, any pics or anything on that fairly upgraded cocker of yours?

.tMan
12-07-2003, 11:41 PM
try a Tippmann
I threw mine against a tree once, long story, and it still works. These things are a mean gun on the field if upgraded properly
yeah yeah I know they are usually known as noob guns but they are nice guns to toy around with

dinger
12-07-2003, 11:47 PM
a spec of dust in a bush reg and you're screwed for the day.

how about my bko? :D

only guns in that range are imps, mags, and bushies. you could get an omen.. but nah

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-08-2003, 12:29 AM
lol u know what. lets go against all paintball logic and get a cocker.

which cockers do you recommend?

Nobody077
12-08-2003, 12:53 AM
If you get a Cocker DO NOT mess with it. Most Stock cockers built factory after 2001 dont need to be retimed very often. If your gun is working dont play with it and you shouldent have many problems. If you get a used cocker get it from someone you can trust ( Ive been told Cphilip is ok;) ), ask them to tune it up before they send it to you, they know there gun and should set it right, again DONT Mess with it when you get it.
I shot my first Cocker in 1995, it was handed to me by Bud Orr at Jungle Island in CA to try, it was a peice of CR*P had to be re-timed about every 500 shots, would chop like crazy and just did not work, I swore I wouldent ever own a Cocker after that. I do now own a 2002 Cocker and have shot 10 cases out of the box and never neede to re-time or tune, so they newer oner are relibale

RRfireblade
12-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
lol u know what. lets go against all paintball logic and get a cocker.

which cockers do you recommend?

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1768_87717552

$339 Pbgear.

If it was me,in that price range and looking for brand new.

Other than a barrel system,the only must have on a closed bolt gun,that baby rocks right out of the box.

Jay.

swat150
12-08-2003, 12:03 PM
LOL, HOW ABOUT A NICE MODEL 98, Noob proof so its probely snyper proof to lol. Ya I think i could get you a custom model 98 for 400. hehehe

bunkermaster10
12-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Get a extra 100$ or so and get a nice LCD angel. I've got one for sell hint hint... One of the easiest guns on the market IMO.

GT
12-08-2003, 01:03 PM
if you already have a mag and want to stay mech get a NEW cocker. dont buy some crap from a guy over the net, unless it is an AO dood.

Some of my fav electros I have owned in the past that are trouble free>

Angel, LED LCD there the same dam thing, just put a drop or 2 in the asa every other case.

Shocker, I have had one and it was one of the best guns i have owned. it shoots darts with co2 or nitro and is uber consistant to boot. Now you will need to pull out the bolt assy. and relube with dow but its not that hard.

tyrion2323
12-08-2003, 01:15 PM
I recommend getting something cool, something new that not everybody has:

Try a Psycho Ballistics Lightning Cocker. Same thing as a Dye cocker, but it's $299 at paintballgear.com

What about a Dragun T.E.S? Nifty little markers for the price, and with a new reg, barrel and ann job, it could be turned into a pretty badass little machine.

Jacob

robdamanii
12-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Orracle is a nice cocker.

Hell, I'd vote for a VF tactical myself, but it's a little pricey for what you get...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-08-2003, 05:15 PM
lol rob i love that quote.

there is something about a cocker that makes me want to shoot it.

painball
12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Angel LED :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-08-2003, 10:22 PM
i wanna stay off the angels. my friend has one so i can use that anytime i want.

LeatherPants
12-08-2003, 10:32 PM
My vote is for a Tippman A-5 w/ reactive trigger.

1. They actually shoot fast.
2. You don't need to buy a hopper.
3. Upgradeable somewhat.
4. Easy to maintain.
5. Can be used as hammer or pry bar.
6. Washable with a hose.
7. Can be used as a weapon (aka a club)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Angels - friend has an angel 4 so i can use that
Tippmanns - 2 of my friends have tippmanns. one has a a5 and the other has a 98c.

stay off those markers plz :)

LeatherPants
12-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Get a used Cocker then. In all honesty if you have someone that can set if up for you it's fine. Problem is most people don't time it right. As far as maintainace it's so easy. Just couple drops of oil here and there and that's it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-08-2003, 10:39 PM
i owned a cocker before so i know what to do and what not to do. i learned my lesson when it got off timed.

Barfly
12-08-2003, 11:49 PM
just liquidate some of your stuff and get an emag or viking. If you have a classic valved mag then get an rt pro, but I don't see the point of getting another gun for 400 dollars if you already have one in that price range.

Nick O time
12-09-2003, 12:01 AM
my bro couldn't even take apart an A5 but he can take apart and lube his impy.:p so its gotta be pretty much idiot proof. also that thing is durrable as hell i have been runing full speed slammed the gun into the bunker then dropped it about a foot, the fee neck poped out and i was like holy fricken mcshiz i must have broke sumtin. but then i just picked up the feed neck screwed it back in and was fine for the rest of the game. the thing has taken alot of abuse in its year of use and is still awsome with very little upgrades(all it has is new bolt feed neck lpr and barrel). also they are relatively inexpensive and if you don't like all that SP stuff then i would highly reccomend getting one.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-09-2003, 12:02 AM
barfly, i already have an xmag. i'm just looking for a gun that i don't have to worry about 24/7 (theft, scratches, etc)

i'm not prepared to get my xmag scratched yet *shiver*

Thourne
12-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Then I would look at a decent cocker. Since you want something you don't have to worry about walking off look to get a "sleeper" style cocker. You make it great on the inside (maybe have something other than brass Pneumatics) but look a little plain on the outside.

The problem is even the stock cockers are starting to look pretty exciting. They have milling and according to the pic posted about have nickel pnuematics. You might want to look into getting a used 2k or 2k1 stock cocker that still has the black body. That way you could really go for the sleeper look (This, by the way, describes one of the guns I own). On the inside my gun shoots 225 psi and I can get 700 shoots from a 47/3K so it is ultra efficent. It does have an aftermarket reg and pnuematics but isn't anything too special compared to what is being sold today.

Cocker are idiot proof as well. That is as long as you explain to the user that you don't touch anything unless you know what you are doing. I can tech a cocker no problem. Most everyone around here talks me into teching their guns for free because they know I can do a good job and generally don't charge anything because I enjoy doing it. My cocker has been rebuilt (putting on new parts) three times and it has only been timed three times. Other than that I probably put 5-8 cases through it a year (it is a 2k bought new so it is three years old). I never have any trouble out of it and it always performs well. The only reason I don't shoot it more is because I like to play different styles everytime I go out (Pump, electro, mech) But it has been one of my best performers.

Hope this helps you make up your mind...Good Luck.

Evil1
12-09-2003, 02:27 AM
I shot an Omen the other day and it was pretty awesome for the price. It could easily be used for tournies and it is pretty easy to walk if you don't have really big hands.