PDA

View Full Version : which cariers do i need for the lx

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 06:31 PM
ive got the 2 and my buddy tells me i need the 1,1.5,2.5 and the 3 but do i really need those. also which spring works the best. i have big and small and he tells me i need medium but i dont know anything about these

Mag Master 04
12-07-2003, 06:35 PM
all i can say is tryto tune it with what you have and go from there..., if its not possible then report back and tell us the problems yur having and im sure we can guide you after that

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 06:43 PM
well i have no clue what im doing with this and i dont want to put much work into this cause i dont know what im doing. so i just need to know what parts i need to buy for it

cphilip
12-07-2003, 07:17 PM
If its working (and has been broken in already) and with the middle spring (best one in my opinion which is the cut one or red one) then you don't need none of em... You might want a spare oring but for now your good.

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 09:24 PM
well right now i dont know if its working cause my tank is empty and i cant fill untill i go down to ft. colling but i dont have the middle spring cause thats the one he had with him in alaska and he lost it or something. i dont know the story but im not to concerened. if you guys could just tell me the most used things that would be great and ill get them ordered

Kevmaster
12-07-2003, 09:28 PM
most used are 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 however, you could end up using any of them.

i use teh long spring on mine, however it depends on the marker which one is the longest you can use

sneakyhacker420
12-07-2003, 10:09 PM
.5 1 1.5 2

thats all you need, 3 is useless, and so is 0

also, you'll probably end up using the mid spring or short spring if you're shooting around 275... maybe the long spring if you're shooting around 300

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
i like my guns btw 270 and 285

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 10:29 PM
another question for you guys. i saw on the web site that u can cut down the longest spring to your likeing. well i noticed i have a long spring so i can just cut that down right? if so how many would u recomend cutting

sneakyhacker420
12-07-2003, 10:33 PM
tune LX with the shortest spring

then throw in the long one and turn velocity up until it shoots

if its shooting hot, take out the spring, clip off a quarter coil, replace, and repeat until desired velocity is reached and it still pinches paint and doesn't stick/chuff when you pull the trigger

thats what i did to my micro-e and it works GREAT!!

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 10:35 PM
ok i have the 1, 1.5, 2.5 carriers and 2 shims. i have like 2 short springs and a long one anything else you guys can think of that i need

sneakyhacker420
12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
get an extra long spring incase you screw up with the first one when you cut it (happened to me 3x :rolleyes: )

you'll also want a good bottle of paintball gun oil

other than that, start with the LX quick install and have fun :p

elpimpo
12-07-2003, 11:21 PM
well i think ill just order the medium spring and just use that instead of having to f with it to much

Kevmaster
12-08-2003, 12:36 AM
start with the shortest spring. then work your way up. The longest may work fine, or you may need the shortest. No way to know until you try it out. Since you're ordering the med, order all the extra carriers while you're at it!

felony
12-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
.5 1 1.5 2

thats all you need, 3 is useless, and so is 0

Not to burst anyones bubble, but the last two LvL 10s I had I used 0 carrier (smallest). Anything else leaked terribly.

Try putting in the carriers you have. If they are right next to eachother ie .5 and 1, then this wont work as well, but you can still try. Install the smallest one you have. Now place the bolt on just as you would before you would install the valve etc into you marker. Hold the opposite end from the bolt (reg) and see what the bolt does. In my experience... if the bolt falls off effortlessly, then it is way too big. Most of the ones I have touched, when the bolt stays on when held vertical. You do kinda want it in the middle of falling off and staying on. Tough to describe, where it has grip and where it doesn't.

So if both of your carriers cause the bolt to fall, id get a some smaller ones. or if the bolt hangs on that valve like it will never come off, try getting some larger ones.

dan