PDA

View Full Version : Emag electronics don't work

Eagle
12-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Every time I power on my Emag it goes screwy on me. I had this problem and was advised that it was because the trigger magnet was triggering the hall sensor during the boot process. I tried a brand new trigger and it didn't help. I then tried moving the hall sensor, then tried disconnecting the sensor from the board, and that had no effect. I'm thinking that somehow the electronics are fried. So if thats the case, if I send my mag in to have it fixed, any idea how much it would cost, how long it would take, and I assume that it would take a whole new board, so is there any way to get an old version of the software to preserve my burst modes (I currently have ver1.37)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-07-2003, 08:38 PM
my xmag didnt fire on e-mode either. so i adjusted the trigger and now it's fine. (the small screw in the selector switch is what i adjusted)

Kevmaster
12-07-2003, 08:41 PM
the hall sensor should not be 'moved' nor 'disconnected'. It may be broken. If you send it to AGD, they will likely fix it dirt cheap (perhaps only pay for shipping back) but then you'd have to send it to them to find out exaclty. Im 99% sure the board is not fried. Turnaround is usually two weeks, but again, you'd have to call to find out exactly what it is...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-07-2003, 08:44 PM
don't forget to get a RA# first

Evil1
12-08-2003, 03:05 AM
The HES should not be moved and the burst modes are there b/c of a jumper pack plugged into the board. Try turning the magnet in the trigger counter clockwise.

Evil1
12-08-2003, 03:09 AM
Also make sure the screw in the grip frame the holds the board in is tight that is what grounds the board, also check the red wire that goes from the battery to the board make sure the nut holding the wire in is tight.

Eagle
12-08-2003, 05:18 PM
I tried adjusting the magnet in the trigger, but I'll check the screws for the grounds

deadeye9
12-08-2003, 06:52 PM
You might also want to check the Extender Buttons, the little buttons in the back of the grip frame that are used to change the program settings. If they have fallen out and are still in the grip frame, then they might short something out.