PDA

View Full Version : shortened on off

jterraw
12-07-2003, 09:12 PM
hey i just did this mod. i can only get 3-4 shots off,holding the trigger very percisely. and in no way would i shoot more than one ball while trying to shoot one. is this tourney legal?

Dayspring
12-08-2003, 12:23 AM
If you're getting more than one ball per trigger pull, then yes it is tourney illegal.

And BTW- congrats. You just voided your warranty.

jterraw
12-09-2003, 02:05 PM
I didn't know i had one?

rtp #00402 it never had any stars either

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Yup. You did. You just have a gun that's pre-star. Mine was RTP #00462. They have the equiv of 1 or 2 stars. You can read about it on the AGD homepage where they talk about the warranty.

DWOOD
12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
And BTW- congrats. You just voided your warranty.

hahaha thats great:p

jterraw
12-10-2003, 01:28 PM
hemmm.......lets just say maybe i borrow my friends on off pin. and that pin mysteriously ends up in my gun. Come on help a brother out, it's a very old rtpro i got used off ebay.I have already replaced every o ring in the gun. My questions are this ; What would they replace if i sent my gun in, and what parts are the first to fail? I think my reg piston is going to putz out on me.And i need one of those blue shock buffers too.

Dayspring
12-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Unless your buddy is shooting the EXACT same gun, the on/off pin will be the wrong length.

If you're on an RT Pro, you don't want the blue bumper. You want the clear.

If they find that you shortened your on/off, they'll charge you for the parts they replace in order to get it back to spec.

No parts are "just going to fail." The wear item is the bumper (clear one). Everything else will be ok with regular oiling and maintenance.

jterraw
12-10-2003, 03:36 PM
thanks dayspring, you seem to be the only help on these forums

danheneise
12-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by jterraw
thanks dayspring, you seem to be the only help on these forums

no, theres more helping people, he's just the biggest help post whore right now :p , also dayspring could you explain the difference between the two bumper types, and which bumper is for which valve

Dayspring
12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
The blue bumper is made of a harder material than the clear. The blue goes with the classic, the clear goes to any ReTro/Xvalve.

Originally posted by danheneise

no, theres more helping people, he's just the biggest help post whore right now :p , also dayspring could you explain the difference between the two bumper types, and which bumper is for which valve

AkumA
12-12-2003, 12:43 AM
hahaha, another madi krew.

i say screw AGD "warranty." i've NEVER had to bring my pbguns to the manufacture for anything! and whats this people shipping cockers across the states to get it retimed (yes, i own a cocker, and know how to time it)? now AGD is really nice to have a well put together site to give owners the ability to buy every bit and screw for their valve, but warranty? you'd have to be a complete idiot to have to do that, or lazy.

nothing an airsmith can give you a simple advice, "oh, you 'blah blah blah' is leaking, get a new oring, ect."

btw, have you been to the new indoor field yet?

jterraw
12-15-2003, 01:52 PM
now AGD is really nice to have a well put together site to give owners the ability to buy every bit and screw for their valve, but warranty? you'd have to be a complete idiot to have to do that, or lazy.
hey akuma, I'm talkin about non- user serviceable parts. like the reg piston and the rail. which is chewed up where the alignment grooves and the set pin from the valve goes.Now i can't very well fix those myself, can I?
I'm so broke, I have not played on the new field. but i have seen it. and it kicks arse.There is a 3-man tourney on jan 4. I would like to see ao-wi out there reprezentin'.
yea, i don't think they would let me play. now that my gun sounds like this- right at 16 bps.How do i post an mp3 file?