PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT to Emag conversion, possible anymore?

spectra260
12-08-2003, 01:41 AM
I saw a pic of one and thought it looks really awsome. I also felt the emag trigger pull before and love the magnetic pull. I heard agd used to do the conversion but stoped because it was too hard to do. Im wondering if theres anyway at all to do it by yourself or anyplace that does it for you?

Thanks,

-Chris C

chris99506
12-08-2003, 05:36 PM
i have seen a guy at my field with an RT pro/Emag body that looked like an RT classic on his E-mag, but i dont know if agd did it or if he had it made at a machine shop.

Dayspring
12-08-2003, 07:41 PM
There used to be a program for that. It no longer exists. It's cheaper to buy the Emag and sell the RT.

spectra260
12-08-2003, 10:16 PM
ya but I like the design of the classic rt's main body.

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Only other option is to get the hyperframe for your gun.

Buying the parts to emag it yourself would cost more than the gun itself.

chris99506
12-09-2003, 11:14 AM
you dont need an electric grip anymore, just get the ULE trigger kit, it's only 50 bucks and the pull is only 11 ounces,it's about the same as an impulse trigger pull and the angel's trigger pull is only 6 ounces lighter and you dont have to rely on batteries.

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Problem is, he has a classic RT. Their valve won't accept the ULT.

chris99506
12-09-2003, 02:51 PM
i got this directly off the AGD website:

Owners of older valves/markers, such as the Automag RT, RT Pros with the half steel/half aluminum valves, and ReTro Valves are not out of luck. While these valves are not compatible as they now exist, they can be milled in order to make them compatible with the ULE Trigger Pull Kit. Brad Nestle, an Authorized AGD Factory Technician, can mill out your older valve for a minimal charge. Brad can be contacted at Paintball Maxx (http://www.paintballmaxx.com) in Houston, Texas.

i dont know how much this will cost you though but it's gotta be cheaper than the alternatives

spectra260
12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Sounds good, I havint ever felt what the trigger feels like with ULT upgrade. Can anyone describe it? I have felt emags and angels triggers, is it like that light of a pull? Also will it still be reactive ?

forgot to ask, sinse I have a classic rt and if I get it drilled to work with the ULT will there be any chance of taking the ult out if I did not like it?

Maffer
12-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Z-man states that the ULT is completely UNreactive. I agree with Dayspring... looks don't compare with trigger pull of thee-mag, if you want reactivity and the trigger pull that would be the way to go. Besides, do you want some stranger taking a drill to YOUR gun? I know I don't :eek: