PDA

View Full Version : shocker or speed

paintballruler89
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
so what is your deccision on the shocker or speed me to am not sure what to get

yeahthatsme
12-14-2003, 12:48 AM
consider where your posting this dude, its an ANGEL OWNERS FORUM. WE'RE GONNA SAY SPEED. the shocker, imo, is a DECENT gun but the speed is by far a better gun.

rudgore
12-14-2003, 01:14 PM
well I own a lcd and a shocker so my opinion is this on the matter. If you want a proven design that works great go with the angel. If you want something new and really light go with the shocker. Both of these markers work rail but right now I've noticed that some of the shockers aren't finised correctly on the inside and scratch up the bolt. Usually not a huge problem but the bolt is used to seal the air chamber in the shocker causing a noticeable air leak(which is a $60 dollar replacement). So I would say if you are looking to get one right now go with the speed if you want to wait a while SP is coming out with new bolts that are supposed to be titanium coated to fix any problems with the stock delrin one getting scratch which is going to be around $150.00. Hope this helps you out a little price wise the angel is cheaper as well.

Red Shocker
12-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Had 3 angels....on a whim bought a shocker...i love angels but i now use mine as a backup .

shocker is so light and fast.

MarkM
12-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Ok let war commence ;)
This thread will be better served for extra opinions in Paintball Talk so thats where it's heading :D

gonna leave it here in the Angel section for 30 mins before it moves ;)

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-29-2003, 08:49 PM
Shockers performance wise may be slightly better, mainly in size, and speed slightly, but there are still some kinks being worked out.

Zygote
12-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I can only offer second-hand experience, but of the 3 shockers I've seen at the field, 3 had serious leaking problems.

RenagadeOfFunk
12-29-2003, 09:11 PM
SpeeD...cause is fast/light/acurate/great with gas/very low kick if any/with Angels you can styalize your gun!...

imo SpeeD

personman
12-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Speed > Shocker

afrankart
12-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by personman
Speed > Shocker
WDP > SP

magman007
12-29-2003, 09:54 PM
go with the speed man, tried, proven, reliable.

cphilip
12-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
Ok let war commence ;)
This thread will be better served for extra opinions in Paintball Talk so thats where it's heading :D

gonna leave it here in the Angel section for 30 mins before it moves ;)

Gee thanks Mark! I not sure it belongs anywhere myself! :D

-=Squid=-
12-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Speed for numerous reasons. Its built better, not as cheap of anno, doesnt chop (03 shockers WITH vision chop like a mother) they are faster, and made by WDP. Oh ya, and smart parts sucks because, well, everybody knows by now. Going after AKA is just wrong.

Blah, dont get a shocker...you will regret it. All they are are buggy matrixes.

Twon
12-30-2003, 12:06 AM
The Speed comes now with a twist lock gated feed, the 3sum volumiser and the soft bolt. No need for any upgrades. As for the Shocker, you'll want the Evolve bolt kit to improve the abismal efficiency, the LPR kit that isn't released yet, a better eye system that can detect black shelled paint and probably a better board. Right now, it's playable out of the box, but there's alot of room for improvement.

The Shocker is much lighter and smaller compared to the Speed, but still, I would take a Speed any day.

Twon

minimag187
12-30-2003, 12:32 AM
I guess ive been lucky, my shocker hasnt had any problems at all. I havent chopped any balls out of 3 cases so far, and there is no FDSO. I use a halo b, and yes I walk my trigger. The vision works as a impulse vision does, forced mode of course. To me sensi is just crap, but the angel is still more proven as of now. (yes I still like angels alot, just not their chop-prevention systems.)

PS: I agree the anno is crap right now on my shocker, but oh well.

personman
12-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by minimag187
I havent chopped any balls out of 3 cases so far, and there is no FDSO.
First drop shot off? Gee, my gun doesnt have that either!;)

minimag187
12-30-2003, 02:35 AM
Well alot of people say shockers have fsdo... which I think earlier models did.

personman
12-30-2003, 03:06 AM
I know, but you said it backwards lol
You said FDSO ;)

bornl33t
12-30-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
Shockers performance wise may be slightly better, mainly in size, and speed slightly, but there are still some kinks being worked out.

yeah they are still trying to remove the SP logos... after that it will be close to compeating with a Angel ;)

bunkermaster10
12-30-2003, 02:53 PM
I say speed also. But if you buy one plz get a new feedneck for it. The stock gatedfeed sucks so bad its stripes very very easy. O by the way the anno on the speed is kinda crappy to. My friends blue speed has different colors of blue in it if u look carefully. I've heard they anno all the parts seperate and then put it together so its looks a little different in some parts of the marker. I heard this from a angel tech over here.

sneakyhacker420
12-30-2003, 03:35 PM
get one of the new faded speeds

Nomad
12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
The new shockers are alright but there are a lot of lemons getting through Smart Parts' quality control, and I don't think they repair things for free. Course I can't find thier warrenty on thier site, so I have no clue about this...

I'd go with the speed. They're pretty nice, though you might have to tinker with the settings outta the box.

robdamanii
12-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Nomad
The new shockers are alright but there are a lot of lemons getting through Smart Parts' quality control, and I don't think they repair things for free. Course I can't find thier warrenty on thier site, so I have no clue about this...

I'd go with the speed. They're pretty nice, though you might have to tinker with the settings outta the box.

Smart Parts has quality control??

Rynoboy06
12-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Shockers are SP. Speeds are nice, but they don't have real eyes. I recommend a viking.

Or for that matter an emag.

demonguy8
12-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Try both and see what ya like... The main difference is gonna come down to the spaceframe (speed) or no spaceframe (shocker)

I personally have had NO problems with my shocker and couldnt be happier. There is already a mod to add a timmywas board to it, with plans for an actual shocker was board in progress (which will take WAS eyes instead of the crappy vision eyes).....

hope this helps man

personman
12-31-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by robdamanii

Smart Parts has quality control??
HAhahaha HA
Good stuff

DiRTyBuNNy
12-31-2003, 02:28 AM
Speeds come in fades now...

http://store6.yimg.com/I/shorepaintballsupplies_1772_3745195

Lord_Whoopass
12-31-2003, 04:29 AM
DRUM ROLL PLEASE........ NEITHER... From using both an 03 shocker and Angel speed I would not get either of them... Truthfully go with a Viking or ULE Emag...:eek: :D lol I would take an Eclipse vert 02 shocker over a new one... and speed arent that great... I can easily rip faster with my Viking... and as far as upgrades you cant really upgrade a viking besides getting eyes for it... well maybe a SCM if you really want to...

12-31-2003, 07:48 PM
If you know someone who is a gun tech and can set your shocker up when you get it but if you are gonna order online *cough*support your local proshop*cough* and you want a gun that will perform out of the box. But IMO the shocker blows the speed away if you can set it up right.

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 07:56 PM
i think you should go with the sped the shocker has to many problems tha need to get fixed

logamus
12-31-2003, 08:31 PM
i guess if you HAD to get one or the other i would go with the speed. i would rather spend my money on a nice ule emag, but thats just me. im weird that way.

FalconGuy016
12-31-2003, 09:41 PM
What problems does the shocker have? I havent heard of any besides the low efficiency. Have you ever shot a shocker? I would reccomend that over a speed any day

Rope a Dope
12-31-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
What problems does the shocker have? I havent heard of any besides the low efficiency. Have you ever shot a shocker? I would reccomend that over a speed any day

Quality.

I hear of way more problems with Shockers than Speeds. Boards dying, FSDO, chopping,, that along with the awfil efficiency and overall poor quality.