PDA

View Full Version : Project No Batteries: RT Pro + Q-loader + advanced trigger

Wadidiz
12-08-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm seriously considering a new project: a tournament-legal, totally mechanical paintball gun with ROF rivaling the top tourney guns.

This would be a totally tricked RT Pro with ULE body, ULE trigger-pull kit, lvl 10 bolt, etc. with side feed matched to a Q-loader (claims up to 30 bps, no batteries required). This would have a modified sear assembly combined with my top-secret trigger design (hint: see my other most-recent post).

Questions:

Is the RT Pro DEFINITELY tournament legal in PSP, NPPL Super 7 and Millennium? Would the reactive trigger cause the equivalent to bounce?

Would the lvl 10 bolt be enough to guarantee no chops?

Any help would be appreciated. The answers will help me make a quick decision on whether to commence on this project or not.

Steve

i heart my mag
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
im not sure about the rest but the lvl 10 cant GUARANTEE no chops but it definately makes the occurance of a chopped ball much rarer. just make sure you tune it dont just drop it in, if you plan on playing a lot of tourneys.
*ching-ching* (theres my 2 cents)
hope that helps

billmi
12-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Yes, the RT is definitely legal unless you overdrive it with gas pressure so high that it has a runaway trigger (pull back and it bobbles under your finger shooting multiple shots.) If it's only shooting one shot per pull of your finger, you're fine.

The only hitch I see here is that the Q-Loader isn't available yet.

Wadidiz
12-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by billmi
The only hitch I see here is that the Q-Loader isn't available yet.

Thanks for the info, Bill.

The disposition of the Q-loader system (QLS) would make a difference in which ULE body I would order. I think it is an advantage that it is available with side feed because it would give a lower profile. The ordering decision would be based on the delivery date of the QLS and on credible information that the system is reliable.

I am also very curious about how light the trigger system is. How does the RT Pro with ULE trigger feel compared to the top electros? Is it possible to get out a ROF that in any way compares to the electros?

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone here in Sweden with an RT Pro, so I can't test one before I buy (until the next American tourney I go to, possibly Huntington Beach).

Steve

POST EDIT: Thanks i heart my mag for your 2 cents. SM

JonDaAzn
12-13-2003, 06:40 PM
the ule trigger kit will kill the reactivity of the rt valve, dont use it

Branchvillian
12-16-2003, 05:37 PM
The wieght the the ULE trigger is roughley 15oz...E-mags are about 8, so yeh, you can compete here. If you are looking to play tournys with this, I think the ULE trigger is your only bet.

laxkid
12-21-2003, 12:28 PM
definitly go with ule trigger not so sure on the q loader looks cool and all but I would what maybe three four months after its release for reviews and then make your decision on buying it if not I would go with a warp feed 18 volt mode on off switch and a turbo revy or halo b or evo2 that would be good or q loader if it works correctly that would be my 2 cents ;) good luck.