PDA

View Full Version : could a mag be built for $200?

E r y k
12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Hey guys...

I know this sounds way outta reach (for me), but i have a friend who just got his gun jacked... and for this x-mas I want put together a mag for him for around $200... is this even possible?

$200 is all that i have... and I know I need

Body
Some sort of valve
Frame
Body Rail
Sight rail- not needed... correct?
Sear and bushings
is this all?

I know dealers can get things for much cheaper, but unfortunately I'm not... I'm a poor high school student.

$200 is like the price of a ule body so I guess I can't go there...

does anybody know anyone that has parts lying around that I can buy for a relatively cheap price?

thanks

abarnhar
12-08-2003, 05:58 PM
That's awesome of you to do that for a friend.

You might get on eBay. 'Mags of all varieties go through there daily for less that $200

*edit* Oh yeah, to answer your question: No, sight rails are not a necssity. Many people take them off to slim down their profile.

dyeforever
12-08-2003, 06:43 PM
that so noble of u. i got a body that i willing to let go for 20. pm me if u want it. good luck

abarnhar
12-08-2003, 06:48 PM
If you are going to go the build-it-yourself route and since it's a good cause.

I've got a stock trigger frame that I'll let go for $15 shipped.

E r y k
12-08-2003, 08:46 PM
thank you all for the responses... im sorry if this is the wrong forum to be asking for stuff... but i have also made a thread in the classifieds forum section.

im sure my friend will be very thankful... thanks again.

keep em comin... it cant hurt to have more than 1 part if i can afford it (c/f bodies, iframes... fat chance)

Body - dyeforever
Some sort of valve -
Frame - from abarnhar
Body Rail -
Sear and bushings -

btw... these are all the parts i need correct?

thanks again.

----edit----

i will also polish up the body / whatnot for him... so if anything is scratched... its ok.

p8ntball1016
12-08-2003, 08:53 PM
youll need an asa but thats basically it mr. 4 posts.

E r y k
12-08-2003, 08:55 PM
i will give him the asa from my current drop forward... and buy one when i get money.

Lakeview Bulldog
12-08-2003, 09:02 PM
The hardest things for you to get are gonna be the little stuff. Make sure and remember the field strip screw and the sear pin. Also the grip frame screw. Thats about it. I just built a Mag for like $85, so its possible. I got an incredible deal on a rail and most of the parts I mentioned above though. Good luck.

E r y k
12-08-2003, 09:05 PM
wow... 85 dollars thats a great deal...

it would be great if i could keep it under 100... so i can buy gifts for other people...

anyways... keep em coming...

thanks alot

abarnhar
12-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Sent you a PM with some info...

Evil1
12-09-2003, 03:18 AM
I have some classic valve parts I think. I will have to get back to you on that. I'm pretty sure I have them I'm just not 100%

kenndogg
12-09-2003, 05:48 AM
if you need a barrel let me know, I have a blue cp barrel.

phantomhitman
12-09-2003, 05:44 PM
i think $200 is a good start to the mag. like someone said before, ebay would be a great price to start. i have been watching mags there for a few months now. besides the xvalved, ule bodied one, i am pretty srue you can pick up one, even with nitro, for that price. good luck man

frost
12-09-2003, 06:21 PM
a little bit ago paintballgear.com were selling brand new automag for 189 no im not talking about about the tko packages they had some deal going on with mags but call them and ask if they have any left over im sure they could get u one

but it came with...
-classic valve
-powerfeed body
-barrel
-asa and bottomline
-and stock trigger frame

its a pretty wicked deal!

E r y k
12-10-2003, 04:59 PM
ok right now, i really need to find an a.i.r valve

everything else looks good.

Branchvillian
12-10-2003, 06:20 PM
I have a stock chrome E-Mag body that you could use on your mag...I would let it go pretty cheap. Let me know if you're interested.

That's a good thing your doing for your bud.

GA Devil
12-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by E r y k
thank you all for the responses... im sorry if this is the wrong forum to be asking for stuff... but i have also made a thread in the classifieds forum section.

im sure my friend will be very thankful... thanks again.

keep em comin... it cant hurt to have more than 1 part if i can afford it (c/f bodies, iframes... fat chance)

Body - dyeforever
Some sort of valve -
Frame - from abarnhar
Body Rail -
Sear and bushings -

btw... these are all the parts i need correct?

thanks again.

----edit----

i will also polish up the body / whatnot for him... so if anything is scratched... its ok.

Dont forget the field strip screw and frame screw, and rail bushing if its not in the rail you get.

bunkermaster10
12-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Ok there is mag being sold right now on the For Sale Threads for exactly 200 bucks you might wanna check it out.

bunkermaster10
12-13-2003, 08:41 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115648

See for 200 you can have that mag.;)