PDA

View Full Version : Shocker problems

Pony Boy314
12-08-2003, 06:37 PM
This is for the shocker sport not the new 03 shocker. My friend gave me his broken shocker to fix. The problem is in the max flow, but i know nothing about it. Right now it leaks from the ASA but im going to drop a couple O-rings in there tommorow and see if it fixes it. The reason it is broken in the first place is because he put a high pressure tank on it without having a high preure max-flow. Is it possible to change springs in order to make it high presure? any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJBacon06
12-08-2003, 06:56 PM
they should have included both the high, and low pressure springs when it came.....or maybe thats only if you buy the max flow seperatly?...I'm not too sure, but if you unscrew the nob all the way and turn it over, there should be 2 parts int eh cap. a little cover, and then the spring. the current srping is more than likely the low pressure one. find out if your friend also has the high pressure spring.

Edit: After further thinking, i am confusing myself. did he recieve the tank with the shocker, or did he buy it sepreratly? if he got it with the shocker, the issue shouldn't be with the springs and such, because there is no such thing as a "high pressure tank" on a max flow. that is the reason it is adjustable. The shocker also is a low pressure operating gun, so it should be using the low pressure spring. let me know if you need anymore help and i hope i didn't confuse you any more.
JC

GT
12-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Doesnt matter what tank you put on a shocker as long as the max flow is bewteen the two.

if it leaks in the asa area and not the reg replace your tank oring as well as the orings that connect the asa to the reg.

sneakyhacker420
12-08-2003, 07:50 PM
www.shockerowners.com

they know shockers, we know mags :cool:

Pony Boy314
12-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Thx for your help guys. I'm going to drop in the O-rings tommorow so ill have results then. Yes he did get the Max flow with the shocker but not the tank on it already. im not sure which spring he has in it now and if he has the other one. when i find out which spring he has in it i shud put the low pressure spring in? i ask because i have herd many issues on the subject and am thoughly confused.

im going to shockers owner group next thx

GT
12-08-2003, 10:22 PM
I am sure he has the lp spring in, what is the biggest number on the guage?

Pony Boy314
12-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the delay i've been busy latly. He does have the low presure spring in, and i now have the high pressure spring if that helps. The highest pressure the gauge shows is 300 psi i have o-rings now also so i will have results.

Minimag1268
12-11-2003, 07:47 PM
ya just go to shockerowners.com

Pony Boy314
12-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Alright, i put the o-rings in the asa and it stoped the leak there. Now it leaks around a screw which can easily be fixed with thread sealent, however i need more air. Also since i was low on air that means there is less pressure so the burst pin may leak when i have more air. Any thoughts on the subject?

Yes im going through shockerowners for the first time right now so i figure u guys can help me for a littlebit more:rolleyes:

thx again ur help is greatly appreciated

cledford
12-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Just for the record, the Shocker maxflo cannot have the springs swapped to change between HP and LP - it is it's own reg with slightly different internals. Additionally, it has the over-pressure poppet which bleeds any pressure over like 180ish.

There is also a max-flo reg that you can swap springs in but it is not the Shocker reg.

-Calvin

GT
12-11-2003, 09:10 PM
WOW PUT THAT LP SPRING BACK IN..... unless you would like to install new noids.

your gun input should be from about 150-180psi.

Pony Boy314
12-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Sry ur gonna have to understand that i dont usualy use smart parts equipment, so excuse me if i dont understand. Thx gtrsi i wont put it in. Cledford if thats true then why do they give you two different springs if they dont change anything?

cledford
12-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Pony Boy314
Sry ur gonna have to understand that i dont usualy use smart parts equipment, so excuse me if i dont understand. Thx gtrsi i wont put it in. Cledford if thats true then why do they give you two different springs if they dont change anything?

Just because someone bought a Maxflo reg and decided to use it with a Shocker does not mean it's the correct version. The one intended to be used with the Shocker used to say "Shocker" on it and cannot be changed over. It has some different internal parts (piston), including the spring. It also has the LP poppet which will not allow the output to go over ~200psi unless it is removed.

The standard max-flo can be adjusted between LP and HP by changing the spring, but note, the LP is still WAY to HP for the Shocker.

Pony Boy314
12-12-2003, 11:07 PM
ok i understand now, he did receive the max flow with the shocker however it doesnt say shocker on it. Also it has the low pressure poppet so im guessing its the right version just different model of the max flow.

Pony Boy314
12-20-2003, 11:02 PM
well its officially workin now. i took all ur suggestions and it shoots now. still a couple questions tho. in order to get the maxflow in the rite pressure i had to screw in the front cap, is that also how u increase the speed(fps)?and how do u change the trigger pull, is there external screws or do u have to take off the frame?

thx guys

Pony Boy314
12-21-2003, 11:16 PM
anyone?