PDA

View Full Version : What paint are you using?

DK1
12-09-2003, 02:03 PM
I've thinking about doing a little testing, and I'm trying to figure out what paint to use. I've not used anything but field paint (FPO field here) in years, so I'm out of the loop on the quality paint nowadays.

I'm looking for something that is consistently round, and hopfully has a bright shell, as this might be on video. The bright shell will help it show up better. I'd prefer not to have a super-brittle shell, as I don't want it breaking in my halo, and this will be fairly high speed... I'm not looking for a mess at high ROF. Oh, a two tone shell would be a plus also probably, but not a necessity.

I've looked at RP marbs, evil, and flash, but haven't used any of them in a long time. I'm down on Diablo paint, I've had bad experiences every time I've used it. Possibly ZAP chronic? Or JT Maxim? Heck, Brass Eagle paint *looks* good, as far as my purposes, but we all know how their QC is.

I'd go with perfect circle, but I doubt I could afford that :) Price generally isn't a concern with any production paint, because most likely I'll only need one case.

Thanks for the input.

DK1

btw, I've used mostly Point Blank lately, so anything will be a step up ;)

Rope a Dope
12-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Blaze! My fav paint, I use it on my Speed and E-mag both with Halo B's and it is the best shooting paint I have ever used. Well.. best shooting paint under $40, lol

FragTek
12-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Okie dokie... I personally use Evil paint, it has a nice bright round shell, and the fill is snot-like nasty thick... almost impossible to wipe. The RPS Marbalizers are the same way, very similar to the Evil paint, good stuff.

The only other kind of paint that I use is Ultimate Chronic, the shells on this are very brittle, and ensure a break almost every time is comes in contact with your opposition. This also has a good round shell and a bright, thick fill.

Hope some of that helps a little...

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Anything and everything from Severe. Awesome paint. I have YET to have anything bad come out of a box from them. :)

Sir_Brass
12-09-2003, 02:15 PM
My personal favorite hands down is marbalizers. Best paint every made.

second choice would be PMI Premiums. I have yet to try them, but from all reports I've heard, if you can't get marbs, then get PMI Premiums.

FragTek
12-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Anything and everything from Severe. Awesome paint. I have YET to have anything bad come out of a box from them. :)

Ick, I hate Severe :D

Wrathchild
12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Evil is my top choice... Although Inferno and Hellfire are both nice too...

Torbo
12-09-2003, 03:32 PM
severe cyclone is absolutly nasty. and hellfire is pretty sweet too.

bryceeden
12-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Zap Chronic. Best paint hands down.

Load SM5
12-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Most PMI paint is pretty similiar. Most of it is nice and round and consistant. Premiums are my best all around practice stuff. Pink shows up well on film, too.

I have a nice case of ultra evil in my closet waiting to stain the bejeezus outta somebody.:D

laxkid
12-09-2003, 03:52 PM
evil or blaze or some hellfire those are all nice or midnight if I am running low on cash :D

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Then don't get shot by it. :D

Originally posted by FragTek

Ick, I hate Severe :D

Nick O time
12-09-2003, 04:02 PM
at the field i use PMI premiums. decent i guess meh they are kinda crappy though
when i am not playing at the field i use either chronic or blaze, i really like chronic it was nice to me and my gun.

FragTek
12-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Then don't get shot by it. :D

:p

DK1
12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
so, has anyone compared chronic with ultimate chronic? Or how about the high end RPS stuff (marbs, allstar, flash, and evil), is it all the same, with just different shell colors?

thanks, this has been quite informing so far...

DK1

illshowumyramrod
12-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I like Zap Tork. It is pretty nice for the price it is at, but if your looking for expensive get Diablo. DRAXXUS RULES!

Load SM5
12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Like I said, a lot of the higher end RPS stuff has very similiar shells (advantage) but varing thicknesses of fill. The difference being ultra evil, you can break it from a 6 inch drop and choke a horse on the fill.

dinger
12-09-2003, 06:48 PM
chronic has got to be one of the best out there, if not the best.

they are usually nice neon colors, and the fill is ultra nasty

the fill is made out of alcohol and dust. and since the alcohol dries so quickly, and you try wiping, you wind up in a big gooey mess of a substance close to that of peanut butter.

i believe they are very round too

Sir_Brass
12-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Like I said, a lot of the higher end RPS stuff has very similiar shells (advantage) but varing thicknesses of fill. The difference being ultra evil, you can break it from a 6 inch drop and choke a horse on the fill.

uggggh, remind me to stay away from that ultra evil, then. I don't want a close bunker hit to break balls in my pods, and then make it near impossible to clean out b/c it's so thick. that, and I bet it busts all too easy in the winter.

Marbs, by far, IMO, are the best. I've used a mix of both evil and marbs before, and I felt like my marbs broke much more on target, while the evils (while having greater bush-penetrating power) bounced more. I want a ball that will break easilly on target and not in my barrel. Marbs seem to be the best for that.

TheDuelist
12-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Give Nelson Anarchy a shot. Its a good quality paint that has been shooting straight and consistant for me for about a year now. The fill is really thick and bright too making it very hard to wipe. The price is right, anywhere from 39 - 44 dollars at paintballhouse.com.

Branchvillian
12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Sever Hurricanes. My favorite paint. It's just really awsome stuff.

LeatherPants
12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DK1
so, has anyone compared chronic with ultimate chronic? Or how about the high end RPS stuff (marbs, allstar, flash, and evil), is it all the same, with just different shell colors?

DK1

There is a HUGE diffrence btwn Chronic and Ulitimate Chronic.

I use either depending if I can get my hands on UC or not.

UC only comes in a pearl shell which is VERY brittle. It also only comes in pink. If Chronic looks like snot then UC looks like liquid crap but pink.

You can't wipe UC either it just spreads. If you are going for a really bright fill go with UC then EVIL.

FragTek
12-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Branchvillian
Sever Hurricanes. My favorite paint. It's just really awsome stuff.

Icky nasty... Thats the field paint we have back home in WA, and that stuff is plain nutlickarific.

Smoke
12-09-2003, 07:43 PM

Seconded. The Severe paint at Shatnerball II was very impressive.

penguinpunk555
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
My lvl 10 eats blaze like a lvl 7 would. I use Great American off the field and. then some field pant forgot what it was.

fire1811
12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
anything with advantage shell from RPS

tippihater
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
anarchy flury, or the orange kind. taht is some bright stuff. accurate, and thicker than my head.

devildog
12-10-2003, 11:39 AM
slamball, or allstar, still my fav :D

bryceeden
12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DK1

DK1
The Chronic 420(Ultimate Chronic) has a more brittel shell than the normal stuff, but I didn't notice much diference shooting it. I also highly recomend Zap Tork, my team practices with tork and compeats with Chronic 420, and I love them both.

DK1
12-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the input! Looks like I'll probably try to get chronic or a nice RPS paint.

DK1

logamus
12-10-2003, 06:18 PM
i have been using midnight for about a month solid now. its worked great for me. bright red shell and yellow fill. i dont seem to have many bounces and almost 0 chops. plus the price is right!

SpecialBlend2786
12-10-2003, 07:11 PM
I've been using Cobra Eggs for awhile. They shoot just like marbs but are cheaper. I dunno if you can get them anywhere else but Cobra Paintball though.

f3rr3+
12-10-2003, 07:39 PM
chronic is the best stuff period.

VanGogo
12-11-2003, 03:51 AM
If I read your post right, you are looking for a medium thickness shell (not too brittle, but that will break on target not bounce)that is bright and has a nice fill. I like a lot of different high end "tourney" paint that has already been mentioned, but if you want a mid range paint that performs great at a lower cost, Severe's Typhoon, or Tempest is fantastic. Their hurricane , or field paint is very good, but you will not find it in the brighter shell. The Tempest and Typhoon have metallic shells that should show up great on film, and it isn't as brittle as most tourney paint. The fill is fairly thick and bright, but not as thick as their Cyclone (tourney paint). In all I think it is what you are looking for.

maglover52
12-11-2003, 04:30 AM
evil hands down. all i shoot is evil and at my other field there is only blaze so i have to shoot blaze but blaze isnt my favorit paint at all :D