PDA

View Full Version : Ok, What am i suppose to do now? Maxflow help

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 04:20 PM
ok, i just recieved my maxflow in the mail, however its not attached to the reg, i thought i read that these are only suppose to be attached with touque and not with somehting like loc-tite

so wtf am i suppose to do now.

it also has a tank date of 4/03 which i kinda feel ripped off on

Cliff

adam shannon
12-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

Cliff

ive never seen a tank from a web-dealer or from a local store that wasnt at least 6-8 months old...i just got used to it. of the 9 or so brand new tanks ive owned not a one was that fresh.

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 04:27 PM
the last one i bought was under 2 months, which is why this is kinda troubling, but not really a big deal, at least its a 5 year

cphilip
12-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I consulted with our Engineering dept (Fatman) and this was his suggestion...

Kill a chicken and draw a large circle in the middle of the floor with its blood - be sure the use the blood as it is dripping out of the freshly killed carcase. Next the take some bat guano (that's sheit for you country boys) and draw a pentagram within the circle, with the points reaching to, but not crossing the circle. Next take five black candles and set them within the five points. In the inner area, put the charred head of a goat and then sprinkle ashes made from burning the hair of a virgin (no not YOU, a GIRL dumb-***!) around it. Finally place the tank and reg in the inner area with the goat's head and the ashes.

Now, light the candles, strip down naked, rub fresh garlic all over yourself, pee on the whole mess and jump up and down yelling "out evil spirits! out!" After several hours of this (try 10, just to be sure), if the tank has not returned to working condition - consider it a lost cause and sacrifice it by torching the whole place.

Thats what he said anyway... :D

Dayspring
12-09-2003, 04:56 PM
One word.

Decaf...

1stdeadeye
12-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio
ok, i just recieved my maxflow in the mail, however its not attached to the reg, i thought i read that these are only suppose to be attached with touque and not with somehting like loc-tite

so wtf am i suppose to do now.

Cliff

Send it back and ask for the NOT Do It Yourself Tank Kit?;)

Good luck!

Pacifist_Farmer
12-09-2003, 05:11 PM
rumor has it the urine can be substituted with grape soda

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 05:13 PM
so no one knows.....

1stdeadeye
12-09-2003, 05:15 PM
SEND IT BACK!!

TELL THEM IT ARRIVED IN PIECES AND YOU WANT IT REPLACED!!

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 05:17 PM
WHY ARE YOU YELLING

:)

i didnt really want to do that, i kinda need a tank, they are supposedly going to get back at me, and i did just call smart parts and they said to just screw it on

but that cant be right can it?

*ArKfEaR*
12-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Green loctite :)

but dont expect to ever take it off again.

heh. :p

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 05:26 PM
they did say no loc-tite

adam shannon
12-09-2003, 06:08 PM
believe it or not...simply screw it on, thats it. deffinately DON'T...DO NOT...NEVER use loctite.

EsPo
12-09-2003, 07:02 PM
I've seen people screw/unscrew tanks from their regs on maxflow's, I think there was an o-ring that held it on, not loctite.

That may sound remarkably like a maxflow bottomline/inline reg, but its not.. what I'm talking about is actual maxflow tanks.

Kris
12-09-2003, 07:10 PM
I was told by a guy once that it was actually a no-no to use lock-tite on pressurized cylinders. Just screw it on tight and be a happy camper. (4500 psi does wonders to lock threads!)

magking1971
12-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Cliffo I am going to make a post just like you would......
MORON!
j/k
Just hand screw it on as tight as you can, the pressure in the tank will hold it on.

cphilip
12-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Far as I know the only cylinders that use lock tight are CO2 cylinders. When they are first assembled.

Xyxyll
12-09-2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.x-customs.com/images/maxflow.jpg

Yep, just screw it on tight.

*ArKfEaR*
12-09-2003, 09:39 PM
I was thinkin more so preset regulator tanks because they use loctite to the tanks.

Eagle
12-09-2003, 09:48 PM
My Maxflo came the same way. Just a little teflon tape and you're good

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Yeah definitely just screw it on. Am I the only one who thought this was an obvious question? Yeah really though the only time you want to use loctite is with screw in tanks. I've had tanks unscrew from their regs when i was simply tyring to get them off the gun. Even then you shouldn't use to much because getting it off afterwords is a pain.

Cliffio
12-09-2003, 10:23 PM
ok screw it on, i get it

i thought that there were tourqued on, obviously not