PDA

View Full Version : lvlx e-mag body on a classic problem

Duelist
12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
I just installed level 10 on a classic valve, works great. Then I put the marker together(inteli-frame, stock rail, E-mag power feed body) still fires great no problems. Then I put the barrel in and the gun will not fire. If I pull on the barrel I can get the gun to fire. I tried three different barrels all the same result. Then I put a power fead classic body on the marker instead of the E-mag body and it works fine with the barrels in or out. Please help!!!

ChucktheMAGician
12-09-2003, 09:24 PM
HMMM, could the front frame screw be pushing up on the barrel a little keeping the bolt from moving? If you have a small washer I'd try it on that screw w/ the emag body and see how it goes.

danheneise
12-09-2003, 09:35 PM
also what's the bore of your barrel, if i remember correctly, the L10 diameter is about .686, if you have a .685 barrel, the bolt won't be allowed to enter the bolt.

also as chuckthemagician said with the front frame screw might be too long, try running your finger along the bottom of the inside of the body behind the twist lock, if you feel something sticking up then add a washer to your front frame screw and try again, if you feel more of a depression behind the twist lock, then i'd say it's probably your barrel's bore size

Duelist
12-10-2003, 07:07 AM
I just checked the grip frame screw and it is not sticking up. I also don't think it is the barrel because I am getting the same result with three different barrels. All three barrels are also working if I put on the classic Mag body. Any other thoughts? I am really stuck.

Duelist
12-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Any body else out there have some advice?

ChucktheMAGician
12-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Duelist
Then I put the marker together(inteli-frame, stock rail, E-mag power feed body) still fires great no problems. Then I put the barrel in and the gun will not fire.
I'm not sure how you think it's not a barrel related problem? I think the classic body is thicker where the screw goes in so when you switch to the emag body more of the screw passes thru. Have you tried putting a small washer between the head of that screw and the grip frame?

Duelist
12-10-2003, 08:58 PM
It is a barrel problem but it appears to be specific to that body. The lvl 10 will work with the classic body. I double checked the grip frame screw to make sure that it is not coming through and its not.
And now I am removing the powerfead plug so It will be easier to get the macro line out of the valve and the power fead comes of in my hands! It looks like the welds just let go. It that coverd under warrenty?

Duelist
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Chuck I appriciate your trying to help me out. I just realized I did not answer your quistion. I tryed a shorter screw to make sure it was not passing through the body. Then I ran my hand down the body and looked with a flash light.

ChucktheMAGician
12-10-2003, 09:07 PM
I guess it was the powerfeed then? Weird.

athomas
12-11-2003, 10:24 AM
The pim on the emag body may be longer than the pim on the classic body.

Check the length of the pim on the emag body. It may prevent the body from sitting down tight on the rail, even though it is totally tightened. I had to file the bottom of my pim in order to properly use the emag body on my classic.

Duelist
12-11-2003, 11:25 AM
ahomas I think that might be it I am going to try that, Thanks.