PDA

View Full Version : Getting Emag, basic info needed

Carbon
12-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Ok my emag should be here this thursday. Before i rip on it, can any yall please tell me what to expect.

I know i will have to tune the LX, that should be no problem. I got lube, and my air fittings good to go.

In the long run, I was delving into the possibilities of eventually installing an on/off switch. Quite possible some kind of basic toggle, similar to the IR3's switch. Anyone know what kind of toggle switch that is? or is there even room on the mag for something like it. Or should i even bother?

Thnx for yout time!word.

Kevmaster
12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
tune the level 10 for an hour or so, and you're set...

as for the on-off...Kayle AGD's on-off (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94451&highlight=emag)

Carbon
12-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Hmm, yeah ive read some the threads on Kayles on/off. not sure if im goin to go that road. But if anyone has that mod, is it well worth getting?

Grasshopper
12-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Just mess with the LX, once you've got that set-up, mess with the trigger. Find what feels best to you. Some people like 3 spaces and 1 magnet, others like all four magnets (=O).

Congrats on your purchase.

adam shannon
12-09-2003, 11:02 PM
i saw/finger fudged kayles on/off switch at iao...i dont know what happened to that project...if its been disavowed by agd or if its still happening. try pming him. thats the best way to go as its the same switch used on the x-mag.

Aegis
12-09-2003, 11:34 PM
You should be aware that duct tape does not adhere to the xmag as well as the classic.

OK, to be somewhat useful I will say that LPB got one of the nipple covers with the flexy lead, and attached the battery pin to that. Keeps track of things just fine. Get the new GAT all tuned up and then worry about switches.

Yes, I said GAT.

sps16
12-09-2003, 11:42 PM
yay carbon got an emag! another emag for norcal :D

ZAust
12-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by sps16
yay carbon got an emag! another emag for norcal :D

jeez!! who DOESNT have an emag? (coughryancough)

gibby
12-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Adjust the trigger the way that it feels right for you:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83104

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
I have one of the on/offs. The first one I had burned out somehow and I told Kayle and he immediatly got back to me and had me send it back. He had to totally rework the switches for a design flaw apparently but I got a new switch back recently. I tried re installing it and broke a lead so I need to resolder it. Overall it's easier then the yellow pin. Just keep a yellow pin ready just in case.

Grasshopper
12-10-2003, 12:49 AM
I've never had trouble with the yellow pin. Just put a little loop thing that the field strip screw that holds the battery pack on to hold that, too. That way, I can just pull it out, and let it dangle a bit. No way I can loose it, and it's easy to put out/in (even with gloves).

gibby
12-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
I've never had trouble with the yellow pin. Just put a little loop thing that the field strip screw that holds the battery pack on to hold that, too. That way, I can just pull it out, and let it dangle a bit. No way I can loose it, and it's easy to put out/in (even with gloves). A trick that Bad_Knees showed me was to attach the pin on one of the strings on the barrel condom...that way you don't have that little annoyance dangling on your hose. As little as it may seem, it did annoy me...that and I now have the loop of my hose running behind the valve. Once you pull off your barrel condom...so goes the pin. Just make sure you don't lose your condom.

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by gibby
A trick that Bad_Knees showed me was to attach the pin on one of the strings on the barrel condom...that way you don't have that little annoyance dangling on your hose. As little as it may seem, it did annoy me...that and I now have the loop of my hose running behind the valve. Once you pull off your barrel condom...so goes the pin. Just make sure you don't lose your condom.
We all know that loosing a condom can cause some mighty bad things. :D

gibby
12-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by RoadDawg

We all know that loosing a condom can cause some mighty bad things. :D
LOL!! Maybe a Baby Emag? That wouldn't be so bad now would it? ;)

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 01:53 AM
Gibby are you telling me your two emags are having SEX???:eek:

gibby
12-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Gibby are you telling me your two emags are having SEX???:eek:
Shhhhh!!!! That wasn't supposed to be let out! If your Emag wants to join in...I'm sure they wouldn't mind the threesome! :D

HA! Speaking of threesomes...seeing how we had that little thing about who had the most Emags...instead of NorCal vs. SoCal Mega Meet...why not call it the CA E/Xmag Orgy?!?!

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 02:07 AM
I think mines too much of machine for your two children. :D

gibby
12-10-2003, 02:09 AM
I think mines too much of machine for your two children. :D
HA! You know...I really don't know how to come back from that! LOL!!! Okay, you win. :p

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 02:10 AM
*holds hands above head* O'Doyle RULES! :D

gibby
12-10-2003, 02:15 AM
*holds hands above head* O'Doyle RULES! :D
You have the "home" court advantage...and by that...I mean cause you're at home working your keyboard away...I'm here at work! UGH!! I think it's time for me to leave work myself...and maybe join my two wittle emagies! :)

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 02:19 AM

You have the "home" court advantage...and by that...I mean cause you're at home working your keyboard away...I'm here at work! UGH!! I think it's time for me to leave work myself...and maybe join my two wittle emagies! :)
I did my work today.. All 6.5 hours of it. I think I'm gonna need to find a new job that doesn't require me traveling so much or at least gives me a company car. My big black machine is sitting in it's corner just waiting for the next chance to get you.:D

Evil1
12-10-2003, 02:46 AM
If those switches are out or the ones for XMags can be retro fitted that would be awesome. I've lost around 3 of the yellow pins and got sick of ordering them so I just use a golf tee now and it works great.

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 02:48 AM
I think Kayle's been rather busy and has stopped making them for the time being. Lots of people are unhappy cause they've paid and haven't recieved theres yet.

gibby
12-10-2003, 03:07 AM

I did my work today.. All 6.5 hours of it. I think I'm gonna need to find a new job that doesn't require me traveling so much or at least gives me a company car. My big black machine is sitting in it's corner just waiting for the next chance to get you.:D Like there's a next time?!

devildog
12-10-2003, 07:13 AM
Like there's a next time?!

well, who's emag has a bigger barrel? who's "paint" supply will last longer? who can finger their trigger better? :p

oh, i kill myself sometimes........ :rolleyes:

LittlePaintballBoy
12-10-2003, 10:37 AM
What I do with my yellow oin is that I bout one of those nipple covers with the springy rubber coil on it and put the pin on the end. Almost impossible to lose.:)

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Like there's a next time?!

Gibby you know I'm gonna get you. By the way my emag is all black so you know what they say, "once you go black you never go back." :D Anyways. We will see.

gibby
12-10-2003, 03:10 PM

Gibby you know I'm gonna get you. By the way my emag is all black so you know what they say, "once you go black you never go back." :D Anyways. We will see.
Hehe...we'll see...yes...we'll see! ;)