PDA

View Full Version : Gore Endorses Dean

Albinonewt
12-09-2003, 10:48 PM
CNN article (http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/09/elec04.prez.debate.ap/index.html)

Clifford May's view (http://www.nationalreview.com/may/may200312091108.asp)

David Frum's View (http://www.nationalreview.com/frum/diary120903.asp)

Robert A George's View (http://www.nationalreview.com/george/george200312090948.asp)

Ramesh Ponnuru's View (http://www.nationalreview.com/ponnuru/ponnuru200312090827.asp)

All very intersting points of view. I tend to agree with Frum, but we'll see how it turns out.

Automaggin2
12-09-2003, 11:16 PM
What happened to ultra-liberal Lieberman?

AutomagRT1483
12-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Why wont Gore just run again? He did invent the internet ya know. :p ;) :D

Ironmag
12-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Al Gore's endorsement of Dean is either a stab in the back at Joe Lieberman or a calculated move to screw over the Democratic Party in 2004 by putting a ultra-leftist who probably won't get elected and then run again in 2008. But that would be giving Al Gore too much credit, he isn't that smart.

Fred
12-10-2003, 01:50 AM
ha, Al won't be able to win the nomination if Hillary runs in 08.

Methinks George is gonna take the election again!

(and before the comments about him not really winning come out, an independent investigation found that he DID win Florida...)

---Fred

Kevmaster
12-10-2003, 01:53 AM
iornmag, his people are....

and dubbua wont be running in 08...thank god

Collegeboy
12-10-2003, 02:05 AM
Gore is a smart man, he is trying to advance the democratic party, his endorsement is better suited to go with Dean, then it is to go with Lieberman. Though personal loyalty has it go with Lieberman, this might come on the heals of an agreement for Lieberman to be Deans running mate, though Clark will be the best bet, if he doesn't win the election himself.

nippinout
12-10-2003, 04:20 AM
I'm no fan of Lieberman.

He's in the crowd that blames video games for violence. Therefore, he doesn't get my vote as President. If he is the VP candidate, I won't be voting for the Democratic Presidential candidate either.

Yahoo for video games.

Albinonewt
12-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Lieberman is probably their best candidate, and the Democrat that would have the best chance getting my vote. Clark is a side show just like I always said he was and just like he turned out to be. Dean is a hard core leftist that plays well with other lefties but will have problems in the general election. His biggest asset in the primary has been his undying hatred of Bush, which although the primary voters share the rest of the country just doesn't hate Bush that much. Sure, maybe they dislike him or don't like a policy or two, but they simply don't HATE him the way Dean and his supporters do.

spazzed
12-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Don't even get me started on Clark.. That man is just a big Tool.

A "Perfumed Prince", nothing more.

TheTramp
12-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
Gore is a smart man, he is trying to advance the democratic party, his endorsement is better suited to go with Dean, then it is to go with Lieberman. Though personal loyalty has it go with Lieberman, this might come on the heals of an agreement for Lieberman to be Deans running mate, though Clark will be the best bet, if he doesn't win the election himself.

I think this is exactly why Gore when with Dean.

His endorsment is important and Gore has to think of the party not Lieberman's feelings. Lieberman isn't even in the top three democratic front runners. He was too far left then and he's too far left now. I'm not sure why people think Dean is the far left one; he's more moderate than Lieberman.

Oh well, I'm planning on voting for who ever I think has the best chance against Bush and right now I think that's Dean.

Rooster
12-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Please, please, please vote for Dean in the primary.

I want to see the liberals throwing themselves off the cliffs by the thousands when he is destroyed by Bush in November. Dean is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to the Republican party.

Albinonewt
12-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Tramp:

Huh?

Lieberman is the only candidate that fully backs Israel

Lieberman was partly responsible for the Homeland Security Department while the other Dems were complaining about Union laws.

Lieberman is the most Hawkish of the candidates on the war

Lieberman supported the 80+ billion for the war

Lieberman is so far to the right (in that field) I'm suprised they don't ask him to leave.

And, Lieberman was never very far to the left until he started campaigning with Gore, then he shifted to be more in line with Gore. He later snapped back once the Presidential race was over. I think that calls into question his integrity somewhat, but he is not a hard core lefty.

Kevmaster
12-11-2003, 02:56 PM
but leiberman is electable....thats why te dems should be pushing him. He could beat Bush. Right now, I do not believe Dean can.

mcveighr
12-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Vote Nader! We all know that the Democrats might try to pull another "popular vote".

logamus
12-11-2003, 05:14 PM
oh please oh please let dean win the nomination. a dean nomination will cement a bush reelection! i do think that 08 will be very interesting. more so than 04. bush will have finished his second term and the normal choice is the vp. but is cheney willing to run? will mccain run again? and will hilliary run? i so hope i dont get sars and die before then. it should be very intertaining.

mxrider250
12-11-2003, 08:35 PM
GO DEAN!

Vash02
12-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Well this is my first year to vote and im actually following this thing very closely. I've watched a couple of the debates so far and i have my own thoughts about each of these people.

I think Gephardt would make a great nominee. Clark has alot of good ideas and he has led troops but my one main concern with him is that he has never held a public office before. Ultimitly, if nothing new comes up i think im gonna go for Sen. John Kerry.