PDA

View Full Version : Car Pool from MN to CA for AO MEET! Interested?

tobz
12-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I am considering driving to the CA ao meet on Jan 17th. I am wondering if anyone would like to car pool with me? I plan on leaving around the 15th, and driving back sunday morning after the event (maybe stay for play on sunday, depends..).

It would be nice to split gas with someone that is interested in going. Preferably from MN, but I'm sure I can swing through IA, SD, maybe even into WI a little.

I probably should've posted this in the Meet N Greet section, but I thought that I might get a better response here.

I could bring up to 3 other people, so let me know if you're interested. The more the merrier, since we can split the bill. Then we could make hotel reservations, etc.

Thanks. Email me if you're interested: [email protected]

T.J.

dinger
12-09-2003, 11:05 PM
im the first person to even look at this thread...

id go, but wait im in ohio... i havn't seen many AO'ers from minnisota :)

sps16
12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Are you thinking of going to the norcal vs. socal meet? b/c its jan 17-18 not the 10. That would be really cool if you came :)

tobz
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I will even make sure to drive down the correct weekend, to those that are interested!

T.J.

tobz
12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I try to keep it real here in MN. Most people are retarded though. I still have one person I know that says, "Mags aren't cold weather guns." I said, "It's a flatline tank, that's nitro, it's fine." He says, "But still, sometimes they don't like the cold."

Me... walked away.

Oh well. With any luck I will start a team up here and have some fun. Who knows?

T.J.

ZAust
12-09-2003, 11:52 PM
wow its great to have some out of state aoers heading to the aoca meet!!! tobz, i hope you make it!

gibby
12-09-2003, 11:55 PM
WOW! That would be awesome if you came. Come on SoCal...we've got a guy driving from MN just to make this event...let's step up and show em the SoCal love! :)

DiRTyBuNNy
12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
I think the whole meet is way too early...but I'll try and make it...I've driven 5 hours to Vegas twice in the last month...why not Central Cali...?

Hexis
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Could be kinda fun tho. It's only a couple days. And it's warm there. mmmmm warm

tobz
12-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Sweet, any of you SoCal'ers have a place to crash for the event? If not, any word on hotels, etc? Or does anyone need an extra person at the hotel with them?

T.J.

RoadDawg
12-10-2003, 12:08 AM
well it would be cold to our standards but I'm sure it's gonna be warmer then the teens. :D No word on hotels as we don't know yet HOW MANY people need them. Guys post on the meet and greet if you want a hotel room. That way Army can go and try to swing a deal. I'll tell ya right now if you stay in SoCal you'll be driving another 3+ hours to get to the field. I'm thinking of camping out with my down sleeping bag and a tent. Unless hotel rooms are cheap.

ZAust
12-10-2003, 12:12 AM
tobz- the original thread has info on the hotels in the area, you can check there. i believe army will be coordinating the hotel reservations, so you should pm him and he can answer your questions.

tobz
12-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Good deal. I will probably end up at a hotel. I'm still figuring out everything. It will depend on my money situation. How much is a hotel usually around the area of the field?

T.J.

tobz
12-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Thanks. I will check out the original and talk with army if I decide to go.

T.J.

Tobe2be
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
if your passing thru NYC i will hitch a ride with you. lol... still waiting on my aunt to return from her vacation. i guess i will be the only person from the east coast. so it should be socal vs norcal vs other.