PDA

View Full Version : Old Flatline

Maffer
12-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Will a 3 year old Flatline tank work as well as a newer one? I don't know if they have made any changes to the design that improved anything, can someone tell me what to look for in buying one of these tanks? Also if anyone can, please post some suggestion for buying a Flatline (Price, place).
Thanks!

Dayspring
12-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Well, that depends on the pressure rating of the tank.

AGD improved on the old flatlines by making the 4500 series. Other than that, no real improvements. The new 4500's are getting a new reg seat, as the originals are no longer available. Those can be purchased through the AGD store. They are for 4500 systems only.

Maffer
12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks Dayspring. I suppose that brings me to my other question -
I recently bought a Benchmark offset drop, and it works perfect with my Z-grip except that it doesn't fit my Me'lee tank :rolleyes: go figure. So I set out to find a replacement, and since I am going to upgrade to an RT valve soon anyway, I decided on the Flatline. Benchmark makes adaptors for Flatlines to fit on their drop, called a sleeve. My question is if this sleeve, which was designed to fit on a 3000 Flatline will fit on a 4500. I called Benchmark and they were clueless, so maybe I can get lucky and someone out there knows!
pleeeaaase?:cool:

Dayspring
12-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah. Both systems (3000 & 4500) use the clamp system. Shouldn't be a problem.

Maffer
12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks Day, now I gotta find me a 4500 tank! wooo!:rolleyes: