PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 MENU glitch -- AGD?

rikkter
12-10-2003, 05:00 PM
well i made another thread as to get AGDs attention better. so, here it is.
first it only did it with the Total Shots, now, its every menu.

i tried pressing, and taking out the LED unit, checked to see if the board screw was down all the way, charged battery, took it off, etc, and nothings changed..

http://www.rikkter.com/junk/menu1.jpg
http://www.rikkter.com/junk/menu2.jpg
http://www.rikkter.com/junk/menu3.jpg
http://www.rikkter.com/junk/menu4.jpg

FragTek
12-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Try beating it with a hammer repeatedly... :confused:

If this doesnt work procede to call AGD tech support :D

rikkter
12-10-2003, 05:05 PM
ok well, took the unit off again and blew into the housing unit for the LED, that seemed to fix it.
but it still doesn't explain the number glitch i was getting earlier in a previous thread.

BajaBoy
12-10-2003, 05:24 PM
that happend to me once, but i turned it off then on again and it was fine

Miscue
12-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
that happend to me once, but i turned it off then on again and it was fine

Interesting. If you notice, the LED matrix has two sections. This is because it is actually two 4-character LEDs wired together... data is passed from the right LED to the left. However, one section is working, and the other is not. It is entirely possible that the software could be doing this if for some odd reason the LED registers are set incorrectly... this was the first problem I ran across when I was working on my display routines. But I doubt this is the case unless several others report the same problem... if so, then I'd call it an actual software glitch. Otherwise, it could be a faulty LED matrix or board. Well, that's my take on it... I could be wrong.

KRAKMT
12-10-2003, 06:32 PM
This is interesting. One of the emags I sent in for 3.2 was working fine but now only the shots per second reads out. I have not had a chance to tech the guy’s emag not until this weekend but I am curious to see if it is a similar problem.

AGD
12-10-2003, 10:40 PM
I havent seen that problem before, if its fixed then that must have been the problem.

AGD

rikkter
12-10-2003, 10:42 PM
well, maybe just taking out the LED and putting it back in solved it. but i got the total shot counter glitch AGAIN, where it would read TS_2_141
taking out LED and blowing into the housing didn't solve it that time tho.

FragTek
12-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Send it to Tom :)

rikkter
12-10-2003, 11:01 PM
why yes. send frame to someone to mill it to ule, send rail and rest of body to rogue so he can mill the rail. then have that someone send frame to rogue, then have rogue strip the gun down then send it to anno. then have them send it back to rogue, and have rogue send it to AGD, and have AGD send it to me.
that'd take about 2 months

its just the shot counter now tho, so i dont care about it. but its only the "0" that it wont show..

FragTek
12-10-2003, 11:03 PM
That's a pretty viscous cycle bro :D

whopper72
12-11-2003, 12:19 AM
I have X with the 3.2,and i don't know if it is the same problem or not but i have a small problem with my total shot counter also. My shot counter will not disply a "0" in the thousands place but it does display everything else.

Tobe2be
12-11-2003, 02:12 PM
i was tinkering around with my x mag with 3.2 and i found out if the HES is activated at the time of turning on the marker it will give you a funny menu. basic terms dont hold your trigger while turning on your marker. it could also be that your trigger is set to soft and everytime you turn it on you get the crappy menu. just my $.02

rikkter
12-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
i was tinkering around with my x mag with 3.2 and i found out if the HES is activated at the time of turning on the marker it will give you a funny menu. basic terms dont hold your trigger while turning on your marker. it could also be that your trigger is set to soft and everytime you turn it on you get the crappy menu. just my $.02

that would jsut give you scrambled menus, not number missing.
if you hold trigger and hit the button 5 times, it looks japanese for a second(cause it stays displayed longer than other times)

edit:
well, after what you said i figured i'd see if it was the cause of the numbers not showing, instead of the alien language like i said.
well, you're right! if i hold trigger, and turn on gun, none of the '2nd LED matrix' shows up, only the first half

BajaBoy
12-11-2003, 05:01 PM
mine will glitch when i hold the trigger and turn it on

crankydan
12-11-2003, 07:13 PM
My EMAG is the same way, after having the 3.2 upgrade the 0 doesnt work in the thousand field for total shots. Not to mention I never got my jumper back either.

Evil1
12-12-2003, 04:03 AM
Does the gun work during these glitches?

whopper72
12-12-2003, 11:33 AM
yes my gun still works great... just wanted to know if that would cause any other problems

BradPalooza
12-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Mine also had the 0 missing in the thousand field. After shooting enough, the 0 turns into a 1 and it starts displaying again.

I'd say it's a bug in the software.
-Brad

rikkter
12-12-2003, 01:29 PM
if you have 3.2, try to hold the trigger down and turn on gun, then let go of trigger and scroll through the menus. see if it does the same thing in the pictures i posted.