PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what do do!

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-10-2003, 07:53 PM
i am having this huge debate in my head on what gun to get. i can only spend a max of about 280, and that is pushing it. this is going to be my second gun, and i play mid for a team, but sometimes i play back. for what i want, i have taken it down to an '02 VERT cocker, and a dragun TES. i was thinking of getting the cocker because my friend has had a cocker before, and he could help me.....and on the other hand, the TES does about 15-20 bps. plz help! :confused: :mad:

i_baked_cookies
12-10-2003, 08:09 PM
cocker...

draguns are crap

68Classic
12-10-2003, 08:10 PM
get a mag! Plain and simple.

FragTek
12-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Dragun TES, I have sold about 20 of these so far, and let me tell ya... they OWN for the price!

Also, you can't beat the fact that they make a full pneumatic upgrade kit for it that will basically turn it into a timmy, AND it accepts timmy bolts. $300 for the gun, $300 down the road for the full pneu kit... $600 later u almost have urself a timmy!

20bps, with an eye, decent mill job, and a good array of colors. Go with the TES.

$tevo
12-10-2003, 08:21 PM
i second the cocker, or upgrade your mag iwth that. if you have one

-=Squid=-
12-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by smee
cocker...

draguns are crap Thats flat out a stupid thing to say.

You want a cocker? Get a dragunfly. About $230, and for the price, they pwninate. My field sells a lot of dragun things, and this and the TES are the best for the money so far.

joshweinerhead
12-10-2003, 08:28 PM
i definately agree .. my cousin just got a dragun for the hell of it and it came in the mail today ... insane gun ... it keeps up with his angel speed ... i love it .. there were some paint breaks but they were just from the cold and also we were shooting 2 month old paint ... and he thru his delrin timmy bolt in for the hell of it ... its wicked .. the eye is also very decent .. it actually reads paint better then my impulse.... well whatever thats just cuz its an SP product .. anyway go for the dragun.. throw some nitro on it and an evoII and your set

AngelBoy
12-10-2003, 08:47 PM
I dont think I have ever heard a bad review on the Dragun, but Ive never played with one either, ive never actually touched one, and come to think of it I dont think I even know what they really look like. But I have heard A LOT of great things about them, mostly here on AO.

And if you decide for the cocker... get your friend to show you everything about them. Make sure you know how to time it. I would try and see if there are any real cocker buffs around where you live also, and get them to also show you the basic things. Theres nothing worse than getting to the field and having your day ruined because you dont know how to setup your gun.

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-10-2003, 09:06 PM
i know, i have heard a lot of good about the TES, but there is something about an autococker that is just great. and the cocker i want to get is $280.00 at paintballgateway.com, and it comes with a free hinge frame...........so i think is a pretty good deal..............so far i am about 80% leaning towards the cocker:p

NJPaint
12-10-2003, 09:11 PM
I have an Omen for $300... if you want that... its much more reliable than the TES... pm me

tyrion2323
12-11-2003, 01:39 PM
If you want to buy a new marker, I would recommend either the Dragun T.E.S or the Psycho Ballistics Lightning Cocker. Both are great deals for the price, and they'll get a lot of comments on the field!

Jacob

FragTek
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint
I have an Omen for $300... if you want that... its much more reliable than the TES... pm me

Pffft... Omen is "much more reliable" than a TES. I doubt that, Dragun has always been a great company for beginner guns that are rugged and reliable.

Plus, the TES outshoots your Omen any day, and it has an ACE system... TES PWNS Omen!

Athius
12-11-2003, 02:22 PM
The TES is very cool but u can get for $280 a BKO and later for $70 u can send your BKO to ICD for PDS or ACE.

If u think about buying the BKO i recomend u to wait for the 2k4 model.

Torbo
12-11-2003, 02:43 PM
TES is quite nice....other things to think about would be a BKO as someone else said. I personally would go with a cocker, because i love cockers.

WARPED1
12-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Go with the cocker. Endless upgrade possibilities in the future.

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-11-2003, 06:44 PM
i think i am going with the cocker because 2 guys on my team are getting e-cockers and another guy is getting a mechanical cocker so i figured i would go along wit em'...ok, this topic is about dead now, but if you have a good reason not to get a cocker, i'm at about 99.8% on the cocker side.......go for it!:p :cool:

Ov3rmind
12-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Good choice. Later on down the road when you decide to get an E-Blade (trust me, you will), you'll be happy you got it over the TES and BKO.

can'tthink of1
12-11-2003, 08:13 PM
The Omen>TES but the TES is still a very capable marker. The omen has a better reg (performance of a maxy), also the omen has one of the best stock triggers, one of the best stock barrels(like 1-piece pipe), not to mention the other great stock parts it has, nothing needs to be replaced. Also the Omen uses the CAM feed, better than any eye because its mechanical so it can use any color paint, and can prevent breaks and jams past 20bps. ALso if 15bps isn't fast enough there is a $50 chip that raises the mrof to 25bps with adjustable debounce. ALso it is backed by EVIL, which has one of the best customer services, from sending your marker in for free adjustment and repairs, to some of the best techies on their phone lines, why NOT choose the Omen. ANd for 300, buddy you have a great deal.

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
12-11-2003, 08:26 PM
i'll be getting the cocker soon. is there anyhting i need to know about '02 cockers or autocockers in general... thanx:D :p

WarpFeedonaSpyder89
05-01-2004, 03:52 PM
haven't been on AO for quite a while now, i have been over at pbnation forever. the opportunity came up and i bought an '03 VF WGP cocker (quite a while ago, actually) for $260 brand spankin' new and i love it. i am now also planning on buying a mag. thanx for all ur help back there.