PDA

View Full Version : Can't build a NEW Retro with an X-valve?

JEDI
12-10-2003, 11:24 PM
"If you are going to use the X-Valve in an RT Pro or Emag, KEEP YOUR ON/OFF ASSEMBLY. The assembly provided with the valve kit will have the wrong size on/off pin for your marker."

This is from the Airgun store as part of the X-valve description. - What do you do if you're buying this valve to build a Retro gun, and dont have an existing, correct on/off assy?

Thordic
12-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Depends on the rail you are using. You may need to order a new on/off pin.

MantisMag
12-10-2003, 11:59 PM
what are you asking? a retro valve is an RT valve made to fit the automag or minimag. RTs and EMags obviously already have that valve and don't need a retro. if you're building a retro then you're using an automag or minimag. otherwise it's not a retro. if you are building a retro then it's the correct pin and no worries. if you're in fact building an rtpro or emag then you'd either have to contact agd about putting a different on/off assy in there or buy the on/off seperately.

Tunaman
12-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Jedi, contact me before you do this. i will hook you up.

JEDI
12-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Jedi, contact me before you do this. i will hook you up.

Tuna, much appreciated! I sent you an Email (adrock1978) earlier this week describing my project. Let me know what you think. I'm very interested.

Mantis, I think you're confusing the issue. I'm going to build a mag using an X-valve. I dont have any existing mag to start from. I think the ad is confusing as well. Will an X-on/off assembly work with the rest of the parts needed to build your own retro? (Intelli, rail...etc.)

Whats the difference between putting an X-valve on a RT Pro, or building your own mag with an X-valve?

headcase
12-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by JEDI

Whats the difference between putting an X-valve on a RT Pro, or building your own mag with an X-valve?

If I am right, and I belive I am, the difference is in the rail. The RTP and E-mag's rail(and most other rails such as rogue's) is a difference height and sear retention method than the normal mag rail. I think the difference in the rail height makes necessary a different on/off pin.

JEDI
12-11-2003, 09:54 AM
So if you build a mag with an X, what rail do you want to use. This is all very stimulating. :)

Thordic
12-11-2003, 09:58 AM
You CAN use any rail you want. However, you are prolly best off using a standard rail or one of the various aftermarkets not modeled after an RT/Emag rail.

If you want to use one modeled after those rails, or those rails themselves, then you just need a new on/off pin due to slight differences in the rail size and such.

I think so, anyway :)

My XValve worked fine with my Omega rail.

JEDI
12-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Ahhh, it's all very clear to me. Thanks guys. Now all I need is the Tunaman. :D

MantisMag
12-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDI

Mantis, I think you're confusing the issue. I'm going to build a mag using an X-valve. I dont have any existing mag to start from. I think the ad is confusing as well. Will an X-on/off assembly work with the rest of the parts needed to build your own retro? (Intelli, rail...etc.)

well you were just tossing out all different nomenclatures. just tell tuna what exactly it is you want to build xvalved rtpro or whatever. let him set it up for you.

JEDI
12-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MantisMag

well you were just tossing out all different nomenclatures. just tell tuna what exactly it is you want to build xvalved rtpro or whatever. let him set it up for you.

Yeah, you're right. But if its built from scratch, its not an RTpro. I dont want an RTpro (sheet metal and bike grip, and what not) I want a Mag with an X-valve. I believe the technical term would just be "Retro" mag.

MantisMag
12-11-2003, 03:38 PM
haha. well "technically" a retro mag refers to a mag with a retro valve. :p an automag or minimag with the performance of an RT.

JEDI
12-11-2003, 03:59 PM
:p Well technically, an X-valve is a retro with an X on it.:D ;) I was under the impression that a retro mag can be any mag with a retro valve, no matter what parts you use to build it.... Haha we're beating this to death.

Basically, I was just confused by the need for a different on/off assy if you buy an X-valve. It leads you to believe it wont work if you want to make a Retro mag....

MantisMag
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
heehee. well the retro is the same as an RT just slightly differently configured so it'll retrofit to the older mags. the xvalve isn't just a retro with an X on it. it's also made with aluminum where the retro is stainless steel. ok i think i'm done now... i think. :p

Tunaman
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
We will use an omega rail on this one. Stick with the .750 pin and ULE Trigger! :D

JEDI
12-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
We will use an omega rail on this one. Stick with the .750 pin and ULE Trigger! :D

Well... I'm basing this "urge" for a mag on what I remember of my RTpro. That trigger just ripped. I dont know if I'm a fan of the ULE trigger... I tried it, and don't think I was impressed. We can talk. Thanks though.