PDA

View Full Version : Input pressure matter for ULT?

theraidenproject
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
I was thinking of downgrading from my Emag and preset tank to one of the new custom Rt Pros while I save for an Xmag, since I'm not playing that much this winter. I would obviously have some extra cash from selling the Emag, so I was thinking of getting a Flatline, too. I know adjustable input makes a huge difference with traditional RTs, but I was wondering if it makes a difference with the ULT. I'm hoping not, so I can put that cash toward saving for the Xmag. Thanks in advance for potentially saving me some cash. And I was also wondering if going from an insanely walkable 3.2 Emag to a completely pimp Rt-X would be THAT MUCH of a step down. Thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
12-11-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't have a ULT but I know that reactivity is decreased w/ it, so it would seem that an adjustable tank may be overkill. I'm interested to hear from ULT owners tho.

theraidenproject
12-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Up

Eric Cartman
12-12-2003, 02:42 PM
When I first got my x valve, I had a Bulldog II preset tank (800psi) and I found that I couldn't really feel any reactivity which was a great dissapointment. I switched to a max flo and when I upped the pressure to 900 psi, the thing rocked! Killer reactivity, I couldn't be happier... then AGD released the ULT and I found that I could be happier after all! After installing the ULT, I found that 900 psi made it too easy to sweetspot. I played around with my reg until the trigger was soft enough to walk pretty easily without accidental sweetspotting and I wound up back at 800 psi. This left plenty of reactivity and I had no problems with short stroking. I wondered if I could just switch back to my Bulldog at this point, so I tried hooking my brother's Bulldog (the same as mine) up to my gun, but it just wasn't the same. I don't know if maybe his flow rate was just less than that of the max flo, but the reactivity just wasn't there.
I think it's worthwhile to have an adjustable reg with a good flow rate so that you can adjust your trigger to suit your preference which will allow you to get the most out of your setup.

That's my $0.02 (CDN)

Cheers.