PDA

View Full Version : RT ON/OFF on a minimag Vavle

SpdElemts
12-11-2003, 07:59 PM
I just took apart my minimag vavle and found a RT on/off assembly on it does this effect the minimag vavle? If so y and how is it compared to the stock one?

Thanks Jeff

Maffer
12-11-2003, 09:01 PM
That is very strange... I don't know how it would effect it, other than it seems it wouldn't fit right. How did you discover this? Also, how does the gun shoot?

SpdElemts
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
It shoots fine but i sometimes shortstroke but i never shot my gun with a stock on/off so i don't know how the stock one compares to it. Somebody told me the vavle will be easier to shortstroke with the rt on/off but i dont know for sure.

SpdElemts
12-11-2003, 11:54 PM
anyone got some info??? i really need this
Thanks

11_Mile_TMaster
12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Hmm... It WILL Fit, and it will work, to an extent. The main disadvantage that I know of is it will not work as well with CO2, since the urethane O-Rings in the RT Assembly are less CO2 tolerant than the Teflon in the regular.

I'd expect some sort of shootdown/short stroke problems as well.

But I don't know. :)

athomas
12-12-2003, 10:53 AM
It will fit fine. The top of the pin of the retro on/off is a little smaller than the standard pin. The urethane o-ring on the top is used because it is slightly smaller than the teflon o-ring from the standard on/off. The smaller diameter top of the pin means that the retro on/off is more prone to short stroking when used in the standard valve. If you are good on the trigger and use complete trigger pulls and releases, then you can use the retro on/off with no ill effects. The benefits of the retro on/off are the smaller bottom section of the pin. This means there will be a lighter trigger pull.

Overall, if you want a light trigger pull get a ULT on/off (same short stroking problems), but the retro on/off will function just fine for most instances.

Air or CO2 does not matter.

11_Mile_TMaster
12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Curious... I was told in no uncertain terms that I shouldn't use my spare RT On/off in my classic unless I ran Compressed Air.

cheetah256
12-12-2003, 11:34 PM
co2 and the RT valve don't get along. when the valve recharges, it tries to suck a bunch of liquid out of the tank. there's no reason the on/off assembly wouldn't work though.

SpdElemts
12-13-2003, 01:30 AM
So the only difference is the ShortStroking?