PDA

View Full Version : bolt stick

dws111111
12-11-2003, 07:59 PM
about at wits end!!!! installed lvl 10 in mag rt ($75), got it working after about 10 or 12 tries with different combinations and a couple posts and a new power tube tip ($10 the first one broke while firing). venting out the back. got new reg ($20) now bolt sticking about every 2 to 3 shots. setup is smallest spacer (no lines or dots) 3 washers and middle spring, tried the smallest spring and it does the same thing. It also cuts the middle bango bolt o-ring every time i have to take the valve out, so far i've been through about a dozen or more (rebuild kit, 2 seperate orders from airgun for bango bolt o-rings. I would like to send it to airgun but can't throwing money at it. Help!!!!!

ChucktheMAGician
12-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by dws111111
now bolt sticking about every 2 to 3 shots. setup is smallest spacer (no lines or dots) 3 washers and middle spring,
Sorry about the o-ring problems. This bolt stick should be fixed by moving to the next larger carrier. Use the same powertube o-ring and put it in the .5 carrier, no line and dots. Remember to put a few drops of oil down the powertube before you put it back together. I'm thinking that you've seen the RT upgrade plan where you can upgrade to an X and get rid of that banjo bolt? Here's a link just in case http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=423&CATID=5 :)

athomas
12-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Sounds like your carrier is too tight. Increase your carrier size until the carrier o-ring starts to leak. Then use the largest one that doesn't leak.

Banjo bolt o-rings shreading? Check for burrs in the rail.