PDA

View Full Version : Assault 80......

frost
12-11-2003, 08:32 PM
thinking about picking one there 400 and seen like a pretty good gun anyone hear or use one that would be able to tell me if this is a bad idea

http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/assault80.htm

f3rr3+
12-11-2003, 08:40 PM
is it just me or is that the ugliest paintball gun anyone has ever seen?

frost
12-11-2003, 08:43 PM
oo no its fugly

FalconGuy016
12-11-2003, 08:52 PM
There have been many threads on it before. I havent actually heard anything bad about it, and its unique features are amazing.

barberjohn
12-11-2003, 08:54 PM
wow, this thing has to come up every 3 months, and every time, they get flamed for their looks. well, dont necessarily go off thier looks, they shoot very well, and are extremely quiet. i live 30 minutes from the factory, and the owner is pretty cool. these things are also faster than you think. so before yall go any further, i just wanted to give you the facts. you may continue.

Fixion
12-11-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't think it looks so bad.

The SP Strange Vision Imp is the uglyest gun I have ever seen.
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/1263/

decimator4
12-11-2003, 09:39 PM
I always liked those, wanted to try one... but then again i wouldnt spend that much for extra clips, and the hopper attachment i dont rly like...

.tMan
12-11-2003, 09:47 PM
hey man I say go for it
I'd like to see one in action

frost
12-11-2003, 10:05 PM
well if i buy it before the next ao meet then you will if u come

ExtremeODD
12-11-2003, 11:19 PM
i think it looks cool, i wouldnt mind it :D

AkumA
12-12-2003, 12:54 AM
the mechanics is like a matrix or shocker, utilizes the "spool" valve. as a previous matrix owner, i would get one of those, but im done with high rates of fire.

besides, the ***. 80 gets MORE shots per tank. idk if it does a good job pinching balls, but stock trix's will get about 600-800 balls per 68/45, whearas the ***. 80 will get about 2000 (i forgot what it said, its late, im tired.)

Wynken
12-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Does anyone know anything about the "voice recognition module" they list as a feature? I would assume you could yell "fire" or something and it would do that... but I'm not really sure how helpfully that would be.

Crighton
12-12-2003, 08:35 AM
My buddy owns one. Works well, its a heck of alot faster than it looks. The velocity adjust and other various bells and wistles on it just give it a little more cool factor.

And yes it's fugly.

GA Devil
12-12-2003, 09:23 AM
LMAO dont throw them down tho. At AOSE II my 3 man played a local "team" that had 1 and we maxed them in the semi finals and the guy that we shot out last got mad and through his gun down and snapped the feed neck right off. LOL I thought it was funny since it wasnt even a "real" tourney. It was all for fun. But it did break when he threw it down. Bet he wished he had a mag after doing that.:D

deathstalker
12-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
is it just me or is that the ugliest paintball gun anyone has ever seen?
I'd have to say the Magma X-Mags are the fugliest I've ever seen. :p

FragTek
12-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by GA Devil
LMAO dont throw them down tho. At AOSE II my 3 man played a local "team" that had 1 and we maxed them in the semi finals and the guy that we shot out last got mad and through his gun down and snapped the feed neck right off. LOL I thought it was funny since it wasnt even a "real" tourney. It was all for fun. But it did break when he threw it down. Bet he wished he had a mag after doing that.:D

I think anyones a dumbass for throwing their gun down... no matter what it is!

I keep seeing these gun pop up, and I have never had the chance to see one in person, let alone shoot one. The feature list is long and comprehensive enough to sound like you could make one tearin' machine out of it with the proper upgrades. This might end up turning into my after X-Mas project, who knows :) If I do end up getting one, I will post a movie with a speed test and explaination of features and blah blah blah.... Laterz!

frost
12-12-2003, 11:19 AM
well i am now getting one the only thing thats stoping me is the money thing but ill have it soon :p ill have the fuglyest marker on ao!

SlartyBartFast
12-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Great. Electronically adjusted velocity.

Bring on the cheaters!:rolleyes:

FragTek
12-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast
Great. Electronically adjusted velocity.

Bring on the cheaters!:rolleyes:

I'm sure there is a tourny lock :)

SlartyBartFast
12-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FragTek
I'm sure there is a tourny lock :)

Little plastic thingie that interupts a switch that does nothing once the chip is flashed with new undetectable cheater software.

Right? :rolleyes:

FragTek
12-12-2003, 11:44 AM
I dont know if anyone would actually go to that extent... but who knows, some people are pretty lame :)

SlartyBartFast
12-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by FragTek
I dont know if anyone would actually go to that extent... but who knows, some people are pretty lame :)

Well, WAS boards supposedly play with dwell dynamically to combat shootdown.:rolleyes: (can't remember which gun...)
Now without actually having tests and numbers showing exactly how much shootdown occurs under what conditions and how much adjustment is required to overcome it, I guess we can be confident that WAS pulled the correct figures out of his behind.

And of course NO ONE would think of doing the same to increase velocity at high rates of fire but not a low rates when they're being cronied.:(