PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag Breech Idea (Not another stupid post)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-11-2003, 09:55 PM
on a xmag there is the option to buy a different breech(either vertical or warp) and i was wondering if it was possible to instead make 2 seperate breeches, but if was possible to make 1 breech that could slide to a different position.

ex - Your warp runs out of batteries and you take the warp off but all you have is the warp breech. This problem could be solved by
A. purchasing a vertical breech for $55
B. purchase new batteries
C. hand loading your gun

OR

It would be very easy to just slide the breech back up.

I know that the warp breech is different than the vertical breech and both are different sizes. But that could be solved with a simple adapter that can either screw on or snap on.

What do you think of this idea?

Yamz
12-11-2003, 10:02 PM
dont forget about the ACE it might cause problems also...

Mossman
12-12-2003, 12:21 AM
(Not another stupid post)
I call BS!

In all seriousness, it could probably be done but it wouldn't be pretty. If you were going to do it you'd need to plug the vert hole when the warp hole was being used, and vice-versa. If the plug included the detent (an idea that hostage was thinking about), it may work. Thing is for it to make any sense to do it'd need to fit vert, warp left and warp right, so you definately need a way to turn 1 of the un-used holes into a detent.

The only advantage I see to this is if you could somehow mod an existing breech to work with either so you didn't have to try and match the anno collor, but I have a feeling they have too much meat milled off.

If someone can throw down 1400 for a gun if there is a sliver of a chance they are gonna want to try warp they should throw in the 50 bucks or whatever it is for a matching breach.

Yamz
12-12-2003, 04:56 AM
about that extra 50 bucks for the warp breech.... did they ever get them in from customs

Tunaman
12-12-2003, 06:15 AM
I believe the breeches are up to about 75 bucks now...:(

Creative Mayhem
12-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Well, how about this.... you carry a cheap hopper elbow and when your warp goes down you put the elbow on the warp, then add the hopper and *POOF* you're up and running again... :D C'mon man, quit flogging a dead horse.. AGD will not change the breech, what they have now is proven to work, and they better things to put thier R&D money/time into. Just my .02 :D

Southpaw
12-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Yamz
about that extra 50 bucks for the warp breech.... did they ever get them in from customs Why were they stuck in customs?

dansim
12-12-2003, 08:39 AM
been thought of, its even been done i think the assault 80 has a rotating breech, and i belive those were the initial ideas they were looking into doing for the xmag, and yes its a stupid thread;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-12-2003, 06:49 PM
but not as stupid as my other ones :p

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Well this was to long so I didn't read it but I will assume that your finger/Penis/Pinky Toe/But is stuck in it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-12-2003, 09:01 PM
hmm....never thought of getting anything stuck in a breech before...thanks for the idea spongebob :)