PDA

View Full Version : Tom... I feel the SoCal gears a shifting....!

RoadDawg
12-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Just wanted to share that I FINALLY got some mag love out by one of my local shops. It started with me going to get air in my flatline. Then the convo went a bit like this:
Shop guy- So what do you shoot?
me- ULE emag
SG- Mag huh?
me- yep
SG- got it with ya?
me- yep
SG- bring it in I wanna see this mag.
*run out to my car get my ULE Emag with some additions of RogueFactors*
me- Here it is
SG- Wow... that looks nice *takes it and holds it for a good 5 min with a look on his face of suprise*
SG- You sure this is a mag??
me- You bet it is.
*went into explaination mode and explained every detail I could remember*
SG- wow a clamping feed neck?
me- yea.. my friend gets them made and anno'ed for mags + he did the rail.
SG- Wow I might have to start getting back into mags and possibly selling them again.
*proceeds to hand the Emag to every guy in the shop*
To basically wrap it up a 5 min visit turned into a 45 min show off of the ULE emag visit. The guy was very impressed and so was everyone in the shop. Including the owner of the store. Just thought I'd share this with Tom and AO. Keep up the good work fellas.

RDawg

pbzmag
12-13-2003, 01:42 AM
What shop is this, General Joe's?

RoadDawg
12-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Yes it is GJ's.

danheneise
12-13-2003, 02:39 AM
well the few times i have gone with my mag since i got it, to sc village, i have gotten a lot more compliments than i ever expected, and this was before i got a foregrip, drop forward, and the i-frame, so either tk is doing a great job on the mags, or people are just ready for a change from the streamlined markers, mainly all the timmy's and cockers at scvillage

Tron
12-13-2003, 02:56 AM
Was it alan or joe?

joker4hire
12-13-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by pbzmag
What shop is this, General Joe's?

heh..

I remember back in the days, General Joe's use to advertise that "the AutoMag, gun choice of the General!"

:)

AGD
12-13-2003, 12:35 PM
[/ Tom faints...]

gibby
12-13-2003, 01:00 PM
You know what's missing from this story?!?! Huh? Huh? Give up?! The finger in the breach part!!! Every good mag story needs to have one! :)

cphilip
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Nice job RoadDawg! Way to represent!
:cool:

mag-hatter
12-13-2003, 04:45 PM
you have to be kidding me! GJ hates mags! lol. i took my hyper there back in the day and asked if he had any valve orings and he basicly gave me the cold shoulder but oh well i guess times have changed and you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. too bad his store is like a half hour away lol he has a lot of stuff there.

RoadDawg
12-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Tron
Was it alan or joe?
It was both Alan and Joe + 2 other guys that assist in the store. If I had a macroline I would of done the finger in the breech trick but alas me forgot it. In fact I did notice that they did have a AGD banner still hanging in the back corner of the store. Joe told me he actually used to dig mags but when AGD did there gov't work and left the pb community work for a bit he felt rather abandoned and wasn't happy. All it took was a ULE Emag to get his attention.

sneakyhacker420
12-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by AGD
[/ Tom faints...] [/ sneaky not surprised]

.tMan
12-14-2003, 11:19 PM
[/Tanner Confused]

wish my store had mag stuff

all they have is tippmann and spyder stuff
kind of boring after awhile

skife
12-15-2003, 03:00 PM
one of the crappier stores around here carries nothing but spyders and pirranha's, and you'd be lucky to find at least 2 electro bb's there