PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you thinkers, solve THIS mag problem! (Tom?)

striker
12-13-2003, 05:31 PM
So I've got quite stumper here (at least for me) regarding mags.

It all starts yesterday, when I got my hypermag in the mail. After installing it, its not shooting, I mean it would shoot once for every 7-9 times I pulled the trigger. Not good. In further examination (and alot of calls to centerflag) we've discovered that the problem is not on the hyperframes part, but the mag's regulator. Huh. Here's how we know: Originally, we thought the selenoid was bad, but after taking it apart, the selenoid pushed back on my finger pretty hard and definately with enough force to knock the sear. That takes care of that.

The problem is: When my XRTP is gassed up, I can't even manually push the selenoid to engage the sear! What?!? I can only manually push in the selenoid when the RT is degassed. Keep in mind that I have a ULT trigger kit in there with a whole 3 shims, and it really should be pretty easy to engage the sear, expecially since I used a intelliframe with no problems for awhile. So my thinking (and centerflags) is that the reg is somehow bad, becuase there's too much force behind the sear when its gassed up, keeping even my finger power from engaging the sear.

To recap, here's the facts:

1.) The ULT and XRTP worked perfect until the hyperframe came

2.) The Hyperframe definately has enough force behind its selenoid to engage the sear.

3.) For some reason, when the marker is gassed up the selenoid can only fire the marker after the selenoid tries 6-10 times. (aka not enough force in the selenoid, but we know that's not the case. So there has to be too much force behind the sear)

4.) I can't even manually push the plunger on the selenoid to engage the sear when its gassed up! (and if I can't do it, theres no way the selenoid can - hence the fact that there's too much force behind the sear)

Things I've tried and the results:

1.) turning the velocity WAY down.
Result? Nothing new

2.) Turning the flatline tank's input way down
Result? Nothing new, but a new puzzle: I turned it down so far to where there wasn't enough pressure to push the sear down. Then I turned it ever so slightly up to about 400 psi until the sear did finally "cock" and the selenoid's plunger went back. But even then I coulden't manually push the selenoid in!

3.) Changed to a 1.5 carrier on the LX
Result: Nothing

I guess the really puzzling this is that the ULT and XRTP was working perfect until with the Intelli, meaning there wasn't any ungodly force behind the sear, and therefore probably isn't now. Perhaps something is getting stuck inside the hyperframe near the sear and selenoid. I'm looking into that now. Any suggestions?

athomas
12-15-2003, 10:45 AM
There has to be something binding the operation of the solenoid.

If the level 10 is properly setup, the bolt has very little force on the sear. You have yours working so this should not be the problem.

The ULT makes the on/off pin have very little force acting on the sear assembly as well. You have a working ULT, so that should not be a problem either.

Maybe the solenoid is not fastened in the frame properly.

GA Devil
12-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Turning pressure down wont help at all. Try turning tank to 850 then turn velocity up. I had this problem in florida working on a guys gun same equipment. We finaly got it working though. From what Ive been told the X valve and hyperframe will not even work together without the ULE trigger kit. Also make sure your putting alot of oil in it at first. I put about 5 drops in when we were gettin his running. Also may want to regrease valve internals. Try that and let us know.

striker
12-15-2003, 08:43 PM
No, the solenoid is definately fastened in the frame properly, so that can't be it.

GA devil: As for your solution, I really can't check it now. Please look at the other post (almost identical to this one) and I'll explain why. The safety is currently stuck on "off" :(

Evil1
12-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Are there different sized pins for the ULT or is it just shims used to change pin placement? It does sound like a reg problem though, b/c it sounds as if the solenoid has to actually hammer the pin in. Try taking the reg apart and make sure the springs aren't sticking and grease it up again. If that does not work get a new reg piston.

Big'n slo
12-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Striker,

I'm having the same problem with one of my hypermags, everything seems to work fine till I put the valve in and air up. I can't fire the marker by pushing up on the sear through the access hole.
But when I put the valve assembly in my other hyperframed mag it fires fine.
Try pulling the safety completely out, it might be interfering with the sears travel, just don't loose the small spring and ball under the safety pin.