PDA

View Full Version : I hated my basketball refs today

illshowumyramrod
12-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Im pissed off. You cannot explain how pissed off i am. Its hard to explain, but we had a basketball tournament today. We won two of the three games, and the last games was the championship. The refs were terrible! I normally never say anything bout refs. I normally think it is more our fault if we loose, then it is the refs. I never blames refs, but this time. Our team is very small. I am the biggest guy on our team, and i am maybe 5 feet 11 inches, and weigh maybe 140. Our whole team is based around 5 feet 4 inches. I play a very physical game, a very physical game. I wip people around the court, and usually somebody is hurt in the end of the game (it is not me). The refs today were anti-physical. I got fouled out in the first quarter. THats how bad it is. I am probably one of the best on our team (because i am so physical, and yes i am cocky) We have others that help, but since i am the only big guy they need me in there. On the other team they had maybe 2 people who were 6 feet 2 inches. The team wasn't that good, but after i get fouled out, our team sucks even worse. Our coaches were making stupid mistakes, and it was just terrible. We are a pretty good team, but we need a balance between guards and posts. We lost by 4 points. Thankyou for letting me rant about how i hated these refs. I know ive waisted 5 minutes of ur time, but i needed to get this out :(

Lone Wolf2
12-13-2003, 08:01 PM
I know how you feel man,At one of our games we had a girl break her thumb,and of course it was ALL her fault,then we had a girl bash her face into the floor,and again ALL her fault,this continued all day long.

-Carnifex-
12-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Are you an 8th grader?

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by -Carnifex-
Are you an 8th grader?

Has to be, or your team is worse off then ours. I'm the tallest guy on ours a 6'4. But the average hight on our team is prolly 5'11. But I'm only in 10th

Lone Wolf2
12-13-2003, 10:23 PM
yes

illshowumyramrod
12-13-2003, 11:06 PM
ya im an 8th grader.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-13-2003, 11:22 PM
All I have to say is being a ref is much harder then it seems, when I am playing a game it's far easier for me to make calls, because nothing happens if its the wrong call. But when you are reffing there is alot of pressure on you, even when it is little kids parents can still be way too serious, and then when kids start to care then it gets ugly when u blow a call or they disagree

illshowumyramrod
12-13-2003, 11:25 PM
ya i bet it would be, but i swear i have never had any refs like i did today. They wouldn't let u (sounds wrong, but the only thing that i can think of that i can say) even touch your man

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by illshowumyramrod
ya i bet it would be, but i swear i have never had any refs like i did today. They wouldn't let u (sounds wrong, but the only thing that i can think of that i can say) even touch your man

Ya that does sound wrong

But i do no where you are coming from, and it pisses me off when that happens as well.

I have had refs who called a tiny foul, but then when something huge happens nothing is called its annoying.

But I have screwed up so many times, I just stopped worrying about it, adn kept the game going.

03vert
12-14-2003, 12:48 AM
that sux