PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember "The Point"

FESTUS33
12-13-2003, 11:53 PM
O.K. I'm Dating Myself but!
Sometime in the "70's" Harry Nillson recorded an Album Called "The Point" It all related to a fictional Land where all the people had Pointed Head's Except for One Small Boy named Oblio! Does anybody Else Remember who or what Arrow Was? { I Do!}
Rick :eek:

FESTUS33
12-13-2003, 11:54 PM
And before anybody else say's it,
He's Got A Point There!

dinger
12-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Welcome to 2003!

is this like a prequel to The Cone Heads? :confused:

you damn hippie

FESTUS33
12-13-2003, 11:56 PM
If you saw My Hair today You'de Rethink That Statement:D
Prequel to ConeHead's? Very Possible but I have No evidence to back that up.:eek:

Beemer
12-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Ha that was in my time to. I give up. You suck Festus:eek: Gotcha ya:D

FalconGuy016
12-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Why is everyone typing weird in this thread?

FESTUS33
12-14-2003, 12:25 AM
I Knew You'de Remember it Beemer!
I'm just waiting for Tom to say He Remember's it too!
Falcon I did'nt realize I was Typing Wierd, I just Happened to remember something from "WAY BACK" When I was about You're age, and I was wondering if anyone else remembered it.
Not Everybody on this Forum is 14-20 yr's old.
Call Me an old Hippy if You want to, Yes I Am! And Proud of it! B.T.W . I Have'nt Done Any Drug's Since 1985 {Except Alcohol Which is Legal} Off the Point, Which is "The Point"
Come on You Old Hippie's, Let's Hear From You!

Beemer
12-14-2003, 12:29 AM
But really, I Dont KNOW

FESTUS33
12-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Beemer
But really, I Dont KNOW
Because You Suck! I still Love Ya Man!
C'Mon Beemer You cant be that much younger than Me?

Beemer
12-14-2003, 01:54 AM
I still love you to Man;) and respect your elders.

So tell Us I dont know

FESTUS33
12-14-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Beemer
I still love you to Man;) and respect your elders.

So tell Us I dont know
I explained it all in the first post, if you dont remember it "so sorry" it was a popular enough album/story at the time that they actually made an animated movie out of it!
Rick:eek:
Me and My Arrow
{Hint: that was one of the Song's}

Beemer
12-14-2003, 02:15 AM
I just need to hear some of the hooks from the songs to unlag my memory which has been affected by to many barfdays:D

Beemer
12-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Harry Nillson - The Point! Click here to see this CD at Amazon.com!

Under the direction of Fred Wolf--the man who helmed most of the early Little Rascals shorts--you might expect The Point to be a benignly silly children's romp. It is not. The real guiding force here is full-grown rascal Harry Nilsson, who not only wrote the story and songs that comprise this made-for-TV cartoon, but recorded, produced, and even narrated them as well. The Point follows the travails of a rather hapless round-headed boy named Oblio, who can't seem to get over in a land of pointed people and things. Rich with semantic trickery, The Point is probably the most existential children's yarn ever told. But there's an elegance to these songs, and a satirical wink to their content, that--like any great story--transcends the cartoon's "intended" audience. If you enjoyed The Point as a child, give it another spin; not for nostalgia's sake, but for the wholly different spell it casts on adult ears. --Matt Hanks
The Point on DVD!

The Point will be released on DVD on August 19, 2003!