PDA

View Full Version : interesting discovery

Schnitzel
12-14-2003, 06:09 AM
well a few of you may have read my thread in the tech forum that my brother's LX was driving me crazy....well it was. i was one of the very first that ordered the beta LX kits, and became very familiar with the concept, even better at setting any gun with no problem. i had done all my friend's and all the mags in my house with absolutely no problems. so you can see that troubleshooting his marker was almost embarassing.

for some reason or another my brother's LX kit on his emag just went crazy. the bolt absolutely would not reset. i tried every different combination i could think of, and i did pay attention to the simple affecting variables as well. i even took to using the rail from my emag and changed body styles to check for varying tolerances...and found no change in behavior. so then i decided to try and take some advice: i tried changing the outer oring on each carrier, with no luck as well.

at last i decided to try and drop my existing LX configuration into his valve. again, no results. then i tried switching the on/off assemblies from our valves and gassed up with different pins and acutal assemblies themselves. it was very curious because i found that in the switched on/off assemblies, i found that i could get the LX to reset using my configuration in his valve, so i was narrowing the field of variables. at last the many various configurations of variables pointed to the orings used in my on/off assembly. don't even try to ask me how it could possibly be affecting the reset of the marker, but it is. somehow, there is this one quad oring in his marker that is causing the problem, and i've settled on this conclusion with many different changed variables. whenever i drop this one oring into any gun, any LX configuration, and output pressure...it causes the bolt not to reset.

isn't that weird? in any case, i'm pleased that my hours of troubleshooting have paid off...

...anybody wanna mail me a spare quad oring?:D

Pariel
12-14-2003, 10:35 AM
<----Amazed.

Evil1
12-18-2003, 03:26 AM
That is extremely weird. Hold onto that quad ring. Compare it to it a brand new one. Also try looking at it under a microscope.

rikkter
12-18-2003, 05:46 AM
my emag doesn't even have a quad oring... lol
i think it has a normal oring in there with a smaller one in the middle..

Smiles2480
12-18-2003, 11:07 AM
My mag wont work with the quade o-ring. It loves the teflon o-ring of the rt valve.