PDA

View Full Version : I Have The Flu!!

joshweinerhead
12-14-2003, 07:44 PM
i have had the flu for 5 days now and i cant shake it ...everything hurts and the headaches are unbearable ...

i have tried every medication both rx and over the counter

nothing is working !!
not even the antibiotics

dinger
12-14-2003, 07:50 PM
hahaha sucks for you :\

Bad_Dog
12-14-2003, 07:51 PM
and now you are telepathically spreading it to everyone who reads this;)... thanks:)

dinger
12-14-2003, 07:53 PM
my laptop sneezed O_o

this just in!!

my mom said to wash your hands a lot, drink lots of fluids[alcoholic or not], dont cough on people, wash your hands, try to keep warm, and also you should wash your hands.

03vert
12-14-2003, 07:53 PM
that is so COOL!!!

PyRo
12-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Sorry man, hope you feel better.
Now stop spreading it over the internet.

FalconGuy016
12-14-2003, 08:10 PM
I may have just started the flu today, I was in bed for like 8 hours, after I woke up

EsPo
12-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Move away from the computer.

PyRo
12-14-2003, 08:18 PM
/me pulls the internet cable
haha you cannot infect me now!

Bad_Dog
12-14-2003, 08:27 PM
things to do when you have the flu:
*sleep
*eat
*computer
*kill things with your bb-gun from inside your house:D
*play with legos
*sleep

just thought I'd give you some ideas :)

personman
12-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Antibiotics arent working because influenza is a virus.. antibiotics are for bacterial infections.. You cant take medicene to get rid of it.. you can take like advil and stuff to ease your headaches, pains and feavers though..
Eh, correct me if I'm wrong, because im in 9th grade biology, but viral infections cannot be treated.

Bad_Dog
12-14-2003, 08:45 PM
viral infections cannot be removed from your body, only supressed by your immune system, and in this time of season when the weather changes and slows your immune system down... it allows the virus an oppertunity to take controll. Key objective to get heathy: get your immune system back up to 100%.

personman
12-14-2003, 08:49 PM
yay I was right :)
Well somewhat..
But yea, drink lots of fluids, get some rest, and let your immune system do the dirty work ;)

UltimatePaintballer
12-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Dog
things to do when you have the flu:
*sleep
*eat
*computer
*kill things with your bb-gun from inside your house:D
*play with legos
*sleep

just thought I'd give you some ideas :)

no matter how old you get, legos are still cool when your bored:D

PyRo
12-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer

So true :)

Lopy-slopy
12-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Make the best of it and go lick people that you dont like!

Bad_Dog
12-14-2003, 09:56 PM
same with shooting things with your bb-gun from inside your house:cool:
*cough* neighbors cats, birds, mail trucks *cough*:D :D

joshweinerhead
12-15-2003, 06:59 AM
thanks guys ... im definately going to play with legos ... i pulled the big box of them outta the top of my closet

also .. i dont have a bb gun .. i have a crummy airsoft gun ... it shoots like 30 feet and falls ... but .. since im sick .. time to buy one off line and over night it in the mail...

bunkermaster10
12-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Man my dumb dad is making me get the Flu shot before I go back to the states. If I get the flu I won't givva damn. Man! O well..:(

spazzed
12-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Flu shots suck this year.. They're not working w/ the bad strain that's going around...great, eh?

Personman, you're right... the only practical thing that can kill a viruse w/out hurting/killing you is the immune system... they give you antibiotics to give your immune system a boost incase you become infected w/ some bacterial junk..which is pretty likely considering you're already sick to begin with ;)

beam
12-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
Make the best of it and go lick people that you dont like!

LOL! When I read this, I thought: Hey what a great scam...you could go up to pretty girls at school, tell them you have a way for them to get 5 days excused absence from school, and when they say yes they want to do it, give them a big 'ole kiss and yell "WELCOME TO FLU-LAND, ENJOY YOUR STAY!"

And then, when you get healthy and have served your 3 day in-school suspension for sexual harassment, you could be like Squints in the movie Sandlot! Wendy Preffercorn....you're my hero. SHUT UP GUYS....I'VE GOT A LOT ON MY MIND! hahahahaahahah:D You'd be a legend.

PyRo
12-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Dog

same with shooting things with your bb-gun from inside your house:cool:
*cough* neighbors cats, birds, mail trucks *cough*:D :D

That reminds me, ive been meaning to buy a BB gun for the longest time. Maybie its time for a trip to walmart :)

joshweinerhead
12-15-2003, 02:58 PM
walmart is the best ... i walk past the paintball aisle and laugh at all the brass eagle and viewloader products ...

PyRo
12-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Sports authority started selling preset 68/3000 tanks, I went to buy one, got up to the regester and they wanted 180 for it. Can you say screw that?

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Flu sucks, I had it last week and I believe the week of thanksgiving as well. I think the week before thanksgiving may have been something else. However, I think everyone has it/had it. They canceled are basketball game for tommorrow because the whole other team is sick. Sounds like someone is scared :p

joshweinerhead
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
there was an article in the local paper .. Central Regional High School Closed
and if you keep reading there are 47% of their students that are sick with the flu or common cold

PyRo
12-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Thats awsome, they were debating shutting down my school once due to illness, but never did :(

Bad_Dog
12-15-2003, 11:49 PM
That reminds me, ive been meaning to buy a BB gun for the longest time. Maybie its time for a trip to walmart:)

heh, I bought the daisey model 9856 ($35), its gotta be the cheapest most accurate pellet rifle that I have ever seen... the $$$ to Accuracy ratio is awesome. The difference between the daisey model #3856 and #9856 is the 3856 is made for both bb's and pellets, the 9856 is designed spacifically for pellets. The little trap door on the side of the gun made to hold like 250 bb's was removed and I believe the size of the air cylinder was increased (higher fps).

and what was all that for..?? no... not for me to brag about how I spent $40 on a scope for a $35 pellet gun (which I did by the way)... Its to tell you to buy the daisey model 9856 pellet rifle, it comes with a scope and it only costs $35!... it will be the best deal... trust me:)

BTW~ I can hit a soda can @ 30 yds consistantly with my $35 air rifle (:eek: )

PyRo
12-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Some of the pellet guns go over $100, I was just there tonight. I want one, but I should spend $40 on a BB gun :(
Maybie if I find a job for winter break :)