PDA

View Full Version : Scenario game sizes (questions)

than205
12-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Just trying to get a feel for things.

What is the typical number of people that show up for the average scenario?

Is more people better? Or should it be balanced to the field size?

What's a good field size? (a guesstimate of acreage is fine)

What are some of the best missions you've done?

What are some of the worst things you seen at an event?

Midway
12-15-2003, 06:10 PM
A typical size for a scenario varies based on location, promoter, WEATHER and time of year. If you have a good field that is well known and a decent promoter/game director you should expect 100-200 people. If you have been doing this for awhile and your players know that you put on a quality event then you might be able to expect 300-400 players. If you are MXS and are throwing the blow-out party of the year in Texas you can expect 600 plus despite mind numbing temperatures during the night game...

The largest game I've ever seen was one of Viper Scenario's Twilight Zone games in Houston. They were pushing about 1,000 players. That takes years to develop...

As for field size, I would say anything from 50-150 acres makes a good field. Anything smaller and there is no room to manuver, anything larger and you won't be able to find the enemy... What makes a good field great is the effort that is put into their structures. You can have all the land in the world but without good structures nobody cares...

I'm not a big one for missions, I tend to just fly around in my helicopter and pester the other team. I do like watching the take and hold missions, as a pilot I like to hover over the opposing players and spotlight them for my team to shoot... Bugs the crap out of 'em...

The only time I've been to a game that was a big disappointment it had everything to do with the ref staff, or should I say lack of a ref staff... There were huge holes in the safety issues and that makes me very nervous. For those that don't know I'm an Insurance agent in real life...

Anyway, that's my two cents worth...

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas

Mike Smith
12-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Middie.... I thought Shatnerball I was the largest "scenario" you had been in......

Shatnerball I is my current record holder, with Viper's 1000 person TZ right behind it.

Paintball Sam's May Big Game in Racine routinely attracts 500-600 people, but it is not technically a "scenario game".

If it's 17 per side or 500 per side... it's all good.....

Midway
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Mike Smith
Middie.... I thought Shatnerball I was the largest "scenario" you had been in......

Ok, I guess that would be true if you include big games in with the scenarios. What did we end up with at Shatnerball I, about 1,500-1,600 people?

Me, I don't think its a scenario unless I'm wandering the field at 1am with my gogs fogged up so bad that I trip over the sniper laying in the trail... :cool:

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas

than205
12-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Midway

Me, I don't think its a scenario unless I'm wandering the field at 1am with my gogs fogged up so bad that I trip over the sniper laying in the trail... :cool:

That sound sooo cool!

Thanks btw. My team and I have been thinking about limiting our play to just big events. Well actually not events but scenarios. I mean the big game enviroment(WRG) is just getting boring.
I'm just trying to get a feel for things. I played in Shatnerball II and had great time. So, the plan is to do more!

mororless
12-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Hey Midway...can you tell me if you know the dates of big games out your way? Friend of mines dad is station out your way and we want to fly out his way and play in a big game or a great scenario..thanks for any info...

Sir_Brass
12-20-2003, 06:28 AM
The largest scenario is Oklahoma D-Day. Last year they had 3200 participants. The game was played in a field of 400 acres. This year they're putting a player CAP at 3000.

Midway
12-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by mororless
Hey Midway...can you tell me if you know the dates of big games out your way?

Sure, MXS is having two Texas Scenario's early in the 2004 season. The first is Feb 14th-15th (camping starts on Friday before the event and I highly recommend being there for the Friday night festivities if you are "of age"...). That one is going to be in Forney, Tx about an hour east of Dallas and about three & 1/2 hours north of Houston. MXS will be in Houston April 24th-25th (again, don't miss the Friday party on the 23rd).

For more information check out the MXS Website at www.mxsportz.com (http://www.mxsportz.com).

I look forward to seeing some of you guys out this way!

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas

datapimp69
12-20-2003, 10:47 PM
the michigan monster has avg. 2500+ players for the last 3 years.

the tippman challange has avg 2000+ players for just as long.

games can get very large, i will have to make it to D-day sometime.

mororless
12-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Hey Midway thanks for the dates will check to see if the April date is douable. We were gonna hit D-Day but my friend is gonna be deployed at that time so gonna try and find another big game..

Midway
12-21-2003, 07:01 AM
Cool look us up if you're able to make it. The FUBAR camp is pretty easy to find what with all the noise that we make. No not the party, the creaking of joints and bones the next morning... :p

I haven't made it to the D-day reinactment yet. I've heard both good and bad but that can be said about any game or tournament... I don't know that it really suits my style of play. I prefer the fantasy and sci-fi scenarios. But hey, that's the great thing about this game, there is something for everyone...

See ya'll later,

Midway
Team FUBAR
Houston, Texas