PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions, Finally played with my Classic Mag.

TZummer
12-14-2003, 09:57 PM
If you don't want to read the whole thing I have one question at the very bottom that skips all the first impressions stuff.

I got it last Monday, December 1st. The first thing I did was replace the stock bolt with the Level 10 bolt I bought used from teh same guy. I popped in the included Business Card CD, followed the quick installation instructions, screwed in my remote and a CO2 tank so no liquid would get in and started dry firing after adding a little oil to break in the o-rings. Everything worked great, though the trigger was a little harder to pull then my Spyder was, oh well, I'll work the remote control a bit more during the week to get ready for it. I shoot plenty, put it down. Next day, I put the remote and CO2 back on and it leaks down the barrel a little. I put in the smaller carrier, down to a 1.5 now. Wednesday I get my parts kit in the mail and have a Nubbin and O-rings for the barrel. So everything is set for this weekend. The first thing I did at the field was buy a Nitro tank. I was very pleased. My friend using my old spyder was having some problems in the 38 degree weather. Anyways, the trigger wasn't that bad. I lvoe this gun already. I shot about half a cse through it. No more leaks or anything. The only problem now is that my Gravity hopper doesn't shake like it did and now it has problems feeding. I had to shake it and I couldn't fill the hopper. So a Revvy is the next thing on my upgrade list. Which is good because I'm about to be trained as a ref at my field. Should be fun and give me the money to upgrade.

Anyway here's my question.
1. When I cleaned and oiled my gun I dry fired it some and the foamie came off my Level 10. What shoudl I use to reattach it? I have the one that fell off and it's in one piece, and I also have a never used one.

Thanks.

Bad_Dog
12-14-2003, 10:22 PM
You can clean the area where the foamie fell off with nail polish remover, then just use superglue to put it back on.

personman
12-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Heh I had a foamy fall off once and then I put it back on using JB weld and sneakyhacker has informed me that its still going strong.. I think I might have put it on around march?? Not sure, but its on a Micro E-mag so alot of air goes through it, and fast. I've never tried superglue but I'm sure it works just as good. To keep it aligned stick a needle through the center so it goes into the hole.. you can pull it out when the glue dries to the bolt.

TZummer
12-15-2003, 08:15 AM
thanks guys, I need to get it fixed before Thursday so I can school my Spyder friends with my Automag. Not that it would make a difference on the way I play, but hey, intimidation works.

dogEmedic
12-15-2003, 08:32 AM
You don't really need to fix that foamie, been useing my emag for about a year now with no foamie with no probs.

Branchvillian
12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
I didn't use a fomaie for quite a while...wait...yeh, I use one now, I had to check :D I didn't really have any noticible problems without it, so it's all good.