PDA

View Full Version : New Bike

SatansGun
12-14-2003, 10:24 PM
I've Been Wanting A New Bike For A While Now I Was Thinking a Enduro or A Superlight what do you guys think
what other good bikes are there

LittlePaintballBoy
12-14-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, but you want to click the link in my sig.... really....

dyst0pia
12-14-2003, 11:58 PM
ok, you have to be more specific about the bike thing. I ride a 2k3 Gary Fisher Sugar 2+, and I love it. Are you looking for a mountain or road bike? How much are you willing to spend? Endure and Superlight? Who makes those? Are they frames only, or whole bikes? Give us some info to work with.

SatansGun
12-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Santa Cruz makes the Superlight i know you can get the frames but i dunno if they are sold as compelte or not and Specialized make the enduro they sell 3 compelte bikes and 2 enduro frames. im lookin for a mountian bike

personman
12-15-2003, 01:25 AM
I'm not an expert on mountian biking or anything but I love my Trek 4900.. it cost around 500 dollars I think, and its well worth it.
The new ones are different than mine so I dont know how they are but I got my bike about 2 years ago.

RRfireblade
12-15-2003, 11:19 AM
I've Been Wanting A New Bike For A While Now I Was Thinking a Enduro or A Superlight what do you guys think

Most importantly what's your price range and what's your primary purpose? (XC,downhill etc)

There are as many different good bikes as there are riders.

I like Giant for good bang for the buck,like maybe the VT1,but you need to give some more info if you want a better response.

Jay.

Dubstar112
12-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Im a specialized person. I love enduros, and big hits. I have a Big Hit right now, its getting powdercoated black :) Ill post some pictures when I get it built up!!

So a have to say go with an Enduro. FSR design is really effective.

Thats for XC.

For downhill go with a big hit. They are just so damn fine :)

Quiet
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Well, if you've got the cake INTENSE is the only word I've got for you, they are sweet. Now, if you have a budjet you might want to look into the Norco North Shore series of bikes (ie VPS, Drop ...) they have a rock-solid frame and decent componentry for the price. Another make that is often overlooked is Kona, they make good stuff, it's relatively cheap and very sturdy (kinda like a tippman), great for the rec rider but not so much for the serious competitor. I used to love Specialized but I haven't been terribly impressed with their quality for the last few years.

Q

PyRo
12-15-2003, 01:59 PM
I just have a cheap rockhopper, but I managed to kill the entire drivetrain :(

Brak
12-15-2003, 02:04 PM
depends on what you want. heres a list of the best of the bunch:

downhill: V10
freeride: stinky
freeride hardtail: evil imperial
street(urban)/park: PX newjackflash or brooklyn park
XC: SC blur or superlight