PDA

View Full Version : 04 Timmy

dopesweettight
12-14-2003, 10:52 PM
find these on some german site

I saw a post awhile back but heres some more pics

http://www.paintball2000.de/newsimages/produktnews2003/2003-10-04-boblong-intimidator2k4-1.jpg

http://www.paintball2000.de/newsimages/produktnews2003/2003-10-04-boblong-intimidator2k4-2.jpg

http://www.paintball2000.de/newsimages/produktnews2003/2003-10-04-boblong-intimidator2k4-3.jpg

http://www.paintball2000.de/newsimages/produktnews2003/2003-10-04-boblong-intimidator2k4-4-lg.jpg

http://www.paintball2000.de/newsimages/produktnews2003/2003-10-04-boblong-intimidator2k4-5.jpg

68magOwner
12-14-2003, 11:01 PM
im preety shure all those pics were in the other thread but there stil amazing the 2nd time around :eek:

Methylphenidate
12-14-2003, 11:47 PM
ill take 2 where do i sign up

dopesweettight
12-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Wait till you see these
(more pics)

http://www.intimidatorownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14618

just testin not sure if the pics are gonna work

dopesweettight
12-14-2003, 11:53 PM
more goodness
http://www.intimidatorownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14619
http://www.intimidatorownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14620
http://www.intimidatorownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14621
http://www.intimidatorownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14622

peace

tyrion2323
12-15-2003, 12:48 AM
All I have to say is:

WOW.

I want to get my omen milled to look like THAT!

Jacob

personman
12-15-2003, 02:45 AM
eewwwww
So is the new trend in paintball trying to make guns look like they came from star trek?

DjGruv
12-16-2003, 04:38 AM
DUDE you suck! Now I gotta save some money.:rolleyes: Those are sweet!

wyn1370
12-16-2003, 08:28 AM
damn, and I thought I was done getting new stuff for a while

fire1811
12-16-2003, 08:34 AM
wow
i will tell you that i have not like one style or look of a timmy yet but those are hella good looking

very nice

bunkermaster10
12-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Gosh I bet those weigh like paper. They have so much milling. Looks freaking awesome. Man I wish I could have one or 2...

Gabriel
12-16-2003, 03:38 PM
I guess im in the minority again... i think those are pretty damn ugly (with most color combos, that is). The blue/black fade mainbody is the only one I'd consider sexy.

Gabe

davidb
12-16-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm with Gabe, on both counts.

TheDuelist
12-16-2003, 06:08 PM
They do't look too bad but the thing that gets me is how a person can set their $1000+ marker on concrete to take a pic.

Scooter/Cootie
12-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Very pretty! :cool:

BajaBoy
12-16-2003, 06:21 PM
omg... that is the only gun that i Really like right now, anyone wanna trade one of those for an x/e mag?:D haha

mag-hatter
12-17-2003, 10:19 AM
why do the freakin eruopeans get to see everything/have xmags milled there first?! I HATE EVERYBODY

:)

-=Squid=-
12-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Alright! Another timmy that performs exactly the same as every other timmmy!!! :rolleyes:

Keep in mind I love timmys, and it looks good, but really, who cares?

bunkermaster10
12-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey squid Ill be in Conway for 2 weeks from the 23 and two weeks added on.

JEDI
12-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Which DYE Stickie has no backstrap? Are those custom 2003? Whats up?

manike
12-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Alright! Another timmy that performs exactly the same as every other timmmy!!! :rolleyes:

Q. How do you know that?

A. You don't. :mad:

The 2K4 and Empire timmies have a lot of improvements over the previous generations of guns. Until you have used one and seen/felt the difference how's about you don't put out wrong information?

Jedi, on those stickies I believe the back strap was simply cut off.

Barfly
12-17-2003, 12:21 PM
ehhh timmies are just expensive milled bodies with spyder internals...

j/k it is kind of cool I guess. Would rather have all the shizzle milled off and have the gun be as light as possible.

Jon/xpm
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
I heard that the 2k4 will be very different
I heard bob has created a new board for them...

JEDI
12-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Oh, thanks Manike. Those guns are darn sexy. Definitely might have to drool over one of these. Is there info on the board?

TraXeR
12-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Those look sweet, but I was never really preferably to timmys. What's their MSRP?

-=Squid=-
12-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by manike

Q. How do you know that?

A. You don't. :mad:

The 2K4 and Empire timmies have a lot of improvements over the previous generations of guns. Until you have used one and seen/felt the difference how's about you don't put out wrong information?

Jedi, on those stickies I believe the back strap was simply cut off. Well, why dont you tell me whats different? I KNOW they arent faster, and have no different overall design. Wait...was the improvement that you designed them? Again, I got no beef with you or timmys, but still, you as well as I know you wont be able to tell a difference.

Gabriel
12-17-2003, 02:48 PM
edit: wrong thread

Adrenaline0520
12-17-2003, 03:16 PM
I have no disrespect towards Timmy owners whatsoever, but in my opinion, Timmys are just way too overpriced. I mean think about it, Timmys are an overpriced Bushmaster, way overpriced. $1000 and over for a good Timmy vs. a $600 price tag for a very nice Bushy. Yes I know that Smart Parts won a lawsuit against ICD and Bushys will go up but it will still even be cheaper than a nice Timmy. This is a question you have to ask yourself, whats a Timmy offer over a Bushmaster in performance area, only thing I can think of is WAS but Bushys now have higher ROF boards to keep up. So whats the only thing to justify buying a Timmy over a Bushy is milling and is milling really worth spending $400 or more? So IN MY OPINION, this 04 Timmy is just another fancy looking Timmy to have an excuse to keep it at a $1000 or over price tag to rip people off. Timmys are nice guns, don't get me wrong, just way overpriced when you can get a just as nice Bushy that performs just as well(without the space age milling :rolleyes: ) for hundreds less.

Barfly
12-17-2003, 03:30 PM
what you mean that $1500 alien timmy, shoots like a $600 Bushmaster, hmm. I think the $900 in milling is soooo worth it.

JEDI
12-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Well, why dont you tell me whats different? I KNOW they arent faster, and have no different overall design. Wait...was the improvement that you designed them? Again, I got no beef with you or timmys, but still, you as well as I know you wont be able to tell a difference.

Dude, why do you have to be a jerk about it? How do you know they aren't any faster? And actually they DO have a difference in overall design. The grip frame has been moved up, shortening the space between the grip and reg. Or something like that... Correct me if I'm wrong Manike. Whats with the attitude?

-=Squid=-
12-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Sorry, didnt know I had an attitude.

Now, here we go with speed. I said that meaning, even if they are *theoretically* faster, how so can they be? You can hit higher than 24bps on an old timmy, and I dont believe that its possible to physically go much higher. I meant, timmys are already so fast, it doesnt even matter. So the only difference is the frame has been moved up?? oo... Sorry that me stating the fact that I disliked it meant so much to you...wait, you guys freaked out because I didnt like that ugly emag trigger and got me banned, so screw this, im not letting that bs happen again. Later.

sneakyhacker420
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
i just want the vert asa portion of it for my secksy dragon timmy :D

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-17-2003, 06:35 PM
That was a prototype timmy. It was being tested by someone on the Oakland Assasins. I saw a pic of it in face-full. The final look is pretty sweet. I wouldnt mind havin one of those.

$tevo
12-17-2003, 09:47 PM
wow, those are beautiful. i was plannin on savin for a viking. but those just look way to nice!

hostage
12-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Still interested to see how this timmy is different from my upgraded classic. I am predicting much hype over this. I think the x-mag is more different than the e-mag compared to the new timmy and the old one. I've worked with timmies and a lot of things are hyped up. If you have a few minor upgrades for the classic it preforms just as good as any other.
-Doron

greendragon
12-17-2003, 11:25 PM
Hostage is right. I have a classic with some upgrades. I shoot 16bps without trying, And that will all go right on target. I can push it to 19 if I don't need to be too accurate. I would have to say it is not half as good to look at as those new 04 models.
My brothers emag with new programming is shooting just as fast as my upgraded classic, with every bit as much accuracy. All the local tourny players just look at his emag and shake their heads... till he starts unloading on them. Then they want to know what he did to make it so fast and accurate.

shwerp
12-17-2003, 11:38 PM
yea, that completely new board that bob designed, the new valve that eliminates the cup seal, new balance cause the trigger frame and feed neck are moved and the fact that you don't need a volumizer are nothing, that price is just for milling........
also the fact that it will probably be one of the lightest guns out there, lighter then all the other timmy's is just some more hype.......
with all this in mind, you are all correct, its the same thing as a tricked out classic......

ERut
12-18-2003, 02:05 AM
That looks so friggin CHEAP!

-=Squid=-
12-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I KNEW I wasnt the only one...and hostage, interested in selling your timmy :D ?

mag-hatter
12-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
Which DYE Stickie has no backstrap? Are those custom 2003? Whats up?

oh those are the ones that were custom modified by SCISSORS!

manike
12-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Well, why dont you tell me whats different? I KNOW they arent faster, and have no different overall design. Wait...was the improvement that you designed them? Again, I got no beef with you or timmys, but still, you as well as I know you wont be able to tell a difference.

I KNOW you are wrong. VERY WRONG!

The 2k4 is faster. It has a lighter hammer and bolt so it can cycle quicker. It also has some changes internally so it can cycle quicker, but I can't divulge some of that stuff yet, but it is stuff that I helped develop.

People that have shot my Empire gun with only some of the changes believe it to be faster than other timmies they have shot so, please tell me how YOU, (and considering I doubt you have shot a 2k4 or Empire) know that you won't be able to tell the difference? I know it is faster because I have a special set of electronics that can measure the cycle time of the gun and so I can see changes caused by different parts.

I've also spoken to many top players in this sport and they all feel it to be a faster, smaller, lighter and BETTER package.

The overall design is also VERY different in many subtle ways. The grip is moved forward and up, making a more compact gun in height and length when held. The feed neck is moved back to get the weight balance back and make the gun shorter.

It has a new valve set up and changed ports/flow characteristics.

It has a new bolt.

The front reg chamber is higher volume with better flow characteristics to prevent any degridation in performance at high rates of fire, but in a smaller package than previous intimidators.

It has a new ram and ram cap set up so that you don't get performance losses due to worn ram bumpers.

It has a new board with LCD in the grip and tactile buttons in the back of the grip.

Right now I'm trying to think of what hasn't been changed...

Now when it comes to the X-mag I can appreciate it looks like there is more difference between it and the E-mag in comparison but having been involved in both projects I would have to say there is more changed in the timmy in this instance than there was with the X-mag. The X-mag got a new body and an eye system, but that was essentially it. The valve and grip frame and operational parts didn't change (level 10 wasn't available until later). It also (at a later date) got a new battery milling and software, but not when the X-mag first came out (other than the software to be able to use the eye).

SlartyBartFast
12-18-2003, 12:18 PM

The 2k4 is faster. It has a lighter hammer and bolt so it can cycle quicker.
People that have shot my Empire gun with only some of the changes believe it to be faster than other timmies they have shot

Sorry to say it but you're sounding a lot like WAS. Feeling, believing, thinking, all notions that don't replace PROOF and DATA.

Not what I'd expect from the guy that was quick to call WAS on his unbacked and hyped claims. Also not what I'd expect from the guy with "Don't believe the hype." in his sig.

Wasn't one of the recurring themes in WAS threads the fact he had "special electronics" that nobody else ever seemed to have access to and whic provided data that couldn't be shared?

I'm sure plenty of people will buy it however. The ugly truth is there are far more boy racers in paintball looking to prove their manhood with shiney chrome and loud exhausts than there are people who recognize that they could play more ball instead of replacing perfectly adequate equipment with shinier stuff that will do nothing to help them improve their game. :rolleyes:

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I just want to know what of those internal goodies I can transfer to my 2k2:D

Trust me, I shot his Empire at SC and that thing was the fastest gun I've ever shot.

By the way my Timmy sings Manike. Thanks for the look over, advice and low rise. Well worth the long trip to Atlanta. That and watching airport security almost tackle you.

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast

Sorry to say it but you're sounding a lot like WAS. Feeling, believing, thinking, all notions that don't replace PROOF and DATA.

Not what I'd expect from the guy that was quick to call WAS on his unbacked and hyped claims. Also not what I'd expect from the guy with "Don't believe the hype." in his sig.

Wasn't one of the recurring themes in WAS threads the fact he had "special electronics" that nobody else ever seemed to have access to and whic provided data that couldn't be shared?

Whoa Bro. You have no need to go there. Insulting a very respected member of this community, by comparing him with a snake-oil salesman like Jim Drew, will get you no where here, fast.

Simon's gun is a prototype. He does have special software that you can't get, because it's a diagnostic tool to work the bugs and kinks out. Sorry if that bothers you but it's true. And he can't devulge everything, mostly becasue NAtional does'nt want him too. His job is more important than making sure your doubts are completely satisfied.

Ripper machinist
12-18-2003, 12:35 PM

Well the bolt pin was not changed, 8)

Jim

Ripper machinist
12-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Btw I was there for intitial testing of alot of the new features. And all testing was done one by one to see if the changes added any benefit to the overall workings of the gun. Cause fact is, not all changes you think that are logical in a paintball gun, ever actualy do anything. So all changes that where finalized helped in some shape or form from speed of the gun, To efficiency of the air and or easability of the flow of gas to the ball and pneaumatics.

Changes also made, the average person will never actualy see or feel. Alot of changes that where made dramaticaly helped drop off at high rates of fire. Yea alot of guns hit 20 bps but not all are having the 1st and 20th ball repeating the fps within a margin of 5. Alot of guns which people dont talk about. cycle very fast, but dont have the underlying stuff to keep the air fed and regulated at the high cycling rates.

Jim

manike
12-18-2003, 12:46 PM
I sound like Jim Drew do I? SlartyBartFast, You are so far off base it's funny. :D

What of my statements isn't basic physics and engineering that you can't easily prove yourself?

You can take a rule and proove the grip frame is moved up.

You can take a rule and prove the bolt is shorter.

You can take a rule and prove the feed port is moved back.

You can take a mic and measure the time between shot cycles to see it is faster.

You can see the new LCD in the grip and the new buttons on the back of the frame.

You can see the new valve and shape it has to improve flow. You can maybe infer the results because of the lower dwell the gun can run at.

You can measure the internal volume of the reg body and see that it is larger.

You can see that the transfer port has better chance of lining up perfectly with the new design.

You can see the new ram and ram cap design that get rid of the old bumpers for a new improved design.

You can see other clever stuff in the ram cap that I can't divulge the importance of just yet. ;)

You can weigh the gun and see how much lighter it is.

You can weight the hammer and bolt and see that it is lighter. If you have any basic physics knowledge you should be able to work out that this can be accelerated faster when the same force is applied. Want to tell me why that wouldn't mean it cycles faster? :rolleyes:

All of the above is in production guns and if you have any basic ability you can see the changes, and why they are important for performance.

The ONLY thing you can't see on a production gun is my diagnostic software. But you can see that any time you find me at an event. I can even put my board into your gun and show you the differences that all the changes in my gun make. And anyway you don't need my diagnostic software to actually proof that the gun cycles faster. You can measure it with a mic. Put a standard loader on my gun and on another gun and look at the times between shots. If the same loader is standard on both guns you should be able to see the difference in shot time caused by the difference in cycle times between the two guns.

You see the difference between my claims and Jim's is that YOU YOURSELF can prove my claims. Or I can prove them in person. What I can't always do is make my information freely available on the internet because it is not my place in the company I work for to do that. :D

manike
12-18-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Trust me, I shot his Empire at SC and that thing was the fastest gun I've ever shot.

Lot's of people have been saying that. :D Just wait till Bob finally get's me my 2k4 so I can deck that out! ;)

By the way my Timmy sings Manike. Thanks for the look over, advice and low rise. Well worth the long trip to Atlanta. That and watching airport security almost tackle you.

Glad to hear it! :)

wyn1370
12-18-2003, 12:58 PM
one of these days you're gonna have to share those wonderfull little secrets, that you told load, with me

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 01:02 PM

Lot's of people have been saying that. :D Just wait till Bob finally get's me my 2k4 so I can deck that out! ;)

Have I mentoned that I hate you, today?;)

E-mail me Wyn I'll fill you in tonight when I get home and can take some pics.

wyn1370
12-18-2003, 01:07 PM
pics would be fantastic.

manike
12-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
one of these days you're gonna have to share those wonderfull little secrets, that you told load, with me

Much of my 'secrets' are actually being implemented in new timmy's anyway, most of it completely independently of me. Jim (rippermachinist) did a great job in helping the development of the new 2k4.

Oh and I forgot to mention above that the gun has a new board in it also and that this can be seen by opening up the grip frame and looking inside. ;)

Dayspring
12-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Can you email those to me as well?

Have I mentoned that I hate you, today?;)

E-mail me Wyn I'll fill you in tonight when I get home and can take some pics.

And yes. This gun (Empire Timmy) is WAY fast. Like UNGODLY fast.

Ripper machinist
12-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Imo, the new board setup is a god send. So many less wires to deal with. Since everything that could was implemented into the board. Allowing much easier breakdown of the grip and reassembly.

Jim

Dayspring
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Will the board be available as an aftermarket upgrade and can it fit into Classic/GZ/2k2 etc?

SlartyBartFast
12-18-2003, 02:20 PM
I sound like Jim Drew do I? SlartyBartFast, You are so far off base it's funny. :D

Remember that I did put a smiley. ;) Manike you’re in sales mode. I can understand that. I’m more amazed at the folk that are prepared to dump hundreds of dollars into what is undoubtably yet another latest gadget kind of thing.

If you haven’t got a good marker yet, then alright. But if you already have a good marker? Well, it’s the consumers money to burn ;)

What of my statements isn't basic physics and engineering that you can't easily prove yourself?

Hmmm. Jim Drew often said the same thing. :) But of course when you started questioning him you were quickly told it was beyond your understanding. :p

You can take a rule and proove the grip frame is moved up.
You can take a rule and prove the bolt is shorter.
You can take a rule and prove the feed port is moved back.
You can take a mic and measure the time between shot cycles to see it is faster.
You can see the new LCD in the grip and the new buttons on the back of the frame.

Ok. First three are differences in feel, size and weight. The last is a flash and dazzle, and the buttons undoutably satisfy the craving to fiddle with things to the billionth of a second even if the perception a real user will have is psycological.

I’ll deal with the fourth point further on.

You can see the new valve and shape it has to improve flow. You can maybe infer the results because of the lower dwell the gun can run at.
You can measure the internal volume of the reg body and see that it is larger.
You can see that the transfer port has better chance of lining up perfectly with the new design.
You can see the new ram and ram cap design that get rid of the old bumpers for a new improved design.
You can see other clever stuff in the ram cap that I can't divulge the importance of just yet. ;)

Sure it all seems to make sense and undoubtably has some effect. But what percentage gain are we talking about here?

You can weigh the gun and see how much lighter it is.

That’s probably the single largest excuse many will use to justify their purchase. Look how many spent hundreds to replace perfectly functional Emag and RTPro valve with identically functioning but a few ounces lighter Xvalves.

You can weight the hammer and bolt and see that it is lighter. If you have any basic physics knowledge you should be able to work out that this can be accelerated faster when the same force is applied. Want to tell me why that wouldn't mean it cycles faster? :rolleyes:

(plus the fourth point above)

Ok it cycles faster. By how much. A millisecond or so? It’s like the obscession with barrel kits honed to a tolerance of .001”, or electronics that monitor a switch millions of times a second. Paintballs ain’t that precise. Switches don’t reliably work that fast. And the marker ain’t the thing slowing you down (unless you’re outshooting your Halo).

And if you can’t outshoot your marker now, how is it being able to go a bps or two more going to help?

Some people will always need to have the latest model. Guess I’m just not one of those people.

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 02:25 PM
I don't know if the new Timmy is faster then the old one. What I can say is that it was far easier to shoot Simon's Empire Intimidator faster then a 2k2 Timmy!

So maybe they do the same BPS, but it is easier to reach the max with the new timmy!

manike
12-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Ok it cycles faster. By how much. A millisecond or so?

It will depend very much on your gun and it's set up/tolerances etc. But I can tell you on my gun just by changing out parts and some modifications we are looking to bring out... my cycle time went from 54ms (slow solenoid gun) to 34ms (same solenoid)... so it made a HUGE % difference. It would be hard for me to prove this though as I would need to shoot it and show you, then swap all the parts back and shoot it and show you. You can trust and believe me based on my past conduct or not, that's your perogative. I know it transformed my particular gun, but then all guns come with different tolerances etc.

It’s like the obscession with barrel kits honed to a tolerance of .001”, or electronics that monitor a switch millions of times a second. Paintballs ain’t that precise.

You won't see me worrying about a perfectly honed barrel. I shoot a .690 almost always. :D

You will see me shaving ms off on cycle times where I can though. If I can get 2-3ms of per cycle, when you start getting up to very high rof that's almost another full cycle... (I clean my ram tube regularly just because it has such a slowing effect when it gets dirty! it's amazing what just cleaning the ram tube can do!)

I agree paintballs definitely aren't that precise. And they are a very important factor. SHOOT QUALITY PAINT. (sales mode on i.e. Draxxus ;) LMAO!)

And the marker ain’t the thing slowing you down (unless you’re outshooting your Halo).

It's not about outshooting a halo. I don't because I have eyes on all my guns. But if I can make the gun cycle quicker in between loading then the rof will go up even if the loader doesn't feed any quicker. At the moment when I make faster guns my rof goes up. When I make faster loaders my rof goes up. Both are important to get the ultimate results. That result may not be a hugefactor to some people over what they are achieving at the moment, but to others it may be, and it is a competitive advantage.

If I was shooting 15bps and now I am doing 18bps that's a 20% increase...

-=Squid=-
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM

The 2k4 is faster. It has a lighter hammer and bolt so it can cycle quicker. It also has some changes internally so it can cycle quicker, but I can't divulge some of that stuff yet, but it is stuff that I helped develop.

People that have shot my Empire gun with only some of the changes believe it to be faster than other timmies they have shot so, please tell me how YOU, (and considering I doubt you have shot a 2k4 or Empire) know that you won't be able to tell the difference? I know it is faster because I have a special set of electronics that can measure the cycle time of the gun and so I can see changes caused by different parts.

I've also spoken to many top players in this sport and they all feel it to be a faster, smaller, lighter and BETTER package.

The overall design is also VERY different in many subtle ways. The grip is moved forward and up, making a more compact gun in height and length when held. The feed neck is moved back to get the weight balance back and make the gun shorter.

It has a new valve set up and changed ports/flow characteristics.

It has a new bolt.

The front reg chamber is higher volume with better flow characteristics to prevent any degridation in performance at high rates of fire, but in a smaller package than previous intimidators.

It has a new ram and ram cap set up so that you don't get performance losses due to worn ram bumpers.

It has a new board with LCD in the grip and tactile buttons in the back of the grip.

Now when it comes to the X-mag I can appreciate it looks like there is more difference between it and the E-mag in comparison but having been involved in both projects I would have to say there is more changed in the timmy in this instance than there was with the X-mag. The X-mag got a new body and an eye system, but that was essentially it. The valve and grip frame and operational parts didn't change (level 10 wasn't available until later). It also (at a later date) got a new battery milling and software, but not when the X-mag first came out (other than the software to be able to use the eye). But its essentially just another timmy...whoopdy do. Again, I love timmys, but they have more versions of the timmy than I have dollars (literally)

My point with the speed issue is this. Theoretically its faster, but really, considering the others have cycled beyond 36 cps, who the hell cares? YOU CANT pull the trigger faster than that, and the fasted I have seen in person with WAS is 24, which is about as fast as the fastest hopper can keep up. Any talk of it being faster is just stupid, IMO.

You can throw technical jargon about why its faster at me all day long, but essentially, its just another timmy and you know it. You even said yourself, that this timmy, like almost all others, the changes are subtle. Again, I never initially meant to bash it, but I just didnt see what was with all the oo's and ahh's.

EDIT: I just took the time to read that there post of yours, and here is what I think of it. You sound JUST like somebody from some silly company that throws all these specs around and makes it SEEM like its totally awesome, and that a change means a new feature, when in fact its just that, not a special feature, its a change. You sound like you came straight from Smart Parts. *Clap clap.*

EDIT again: Tactile buttons? Lol...thats hilarious. I understand that according to the actual def. of tactile, it makes sense, but that only fuels the point that I made in my previous EDIT.

AGG! EDIT AGAIN: Xmags also got an interchangeable breach system, cocker threads, blah blah blah, things that come with something like that...things you made a point to add in your description, you know, the MINOR things that could be added or removed, just to fine tune how you want people to perceive this item.

Im sorry, but unless they change something drastic (not where the feedneck is, or porting) its just another timmy with a few enhancements, and of course a + $300 or price tag.

manike
12-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Of course it's another timmy, that's why, dun dun duh... it's called a timmy! :D If it was a whole new gun it would be called something else...

But to say there is no difference between this and previous timmys and that it won't perform any better of differently is just plain stupid. Especially when you don't know what you are talking about, or what changes have been made. :rolleyes:

I'm giving you genuine specs and changes. I'm not throwing them around. I'm not making exagerated claims about what they mean to the gun itself. If you can't see that then I can't help you by providing information for you.

You were obviously making incorrect statements about things you didn't know. I am just setting the record straight. It doesn't matter to me if you care less or not about being correct, I just don't want wrong information out there from people that don't know what has been done to the new gun or why.

One thing I should point out about the difference in cycle time with my gun is that I had a slower solenoid in the gun. I don't expect to see quite such a change in guns that start out with faster solenoids. Although I didn't change the solenoid, the changes do have greater ms saving effects on slower tolerances solenoids etc. to make them faster.

Previously a fast gun gave a cycle reading of 40-44ms or so (mine was 54ish as mentioned). Now such a fast set up gun is down in the low 30-34ms.

I would have thought moving the feed neck to be a major item (because of how it impacts on other issues such as eye covers etc). As with a new board, new LCD, as with a new regulator set up, as with a new ram design, as with a new grip frame style and location. I'd say minor things are more like milling style or bolt face etc. But what would I know, not as if I was involved with any of that 'minor' work. :rolleyes: :D

p.s. I forgot to mention new low profile eye covers designed to be more integrated and easier to clean around. I guess I'll give you that as a 'minor item'. ;)

Dayspring
12-18-2003, 03:45 PM
But will the new board be a drop in replacement for older Timmy's?

manike
12-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
But will the new board be a drop in replacement for older Timmy's?

The LCD board will not (you would need the new grip frame) but there may be an LED/old style gun board made to the new specs that will drop into older gun versions. (That's the prototype I am running in one of my guns but I don't know about production intent for this.)

hostage
12-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Those are prob the most changes I have heard yet with the timmy, from one gen to a next. I had a friend cut his bolt in half and the timmy gave litterally no kick. These seem like mods that most anyone can do. I don't think anything special about the grip frame being moved up, i like having room to breath in that since. Seems like a car, they bend the finder and call it the 2004 etc. In all it still seems a little hyped, imho.

Though I am curious why they quit using the WAS Boards.
-Doron

Trina
12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
If you don't like the gun don't buy it :rolleyes:

This Timmy is HOT--way HOT!! I think it's amazing when you can combine good looks in an increadibly fast and accurate marker. And lets face it--looks are important in marketing. I will buy a good looking product in a heartbeat before a plain item that functions the same...it's human nature.

If I didn't want an XMag so bad, a Timmy would probably be the next on my list...do they come in PINK Manike? :D ;)

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Trina
do they come in PINK Manike? :D ;)

Of course they do. Didn't you see the one Simon was shooting at AO SC 2?:eek:
;)

Trina
12-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Dude...that was red and black ;)

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Dude...that was red and black ;)

I know! Attempt at a bad joke on my part.:(

Trina
12-18-2003, 11:12 PM
ohhhh...so are you picking on Manike?? ;) Manike, I wouldn't take that crap!!! :D I guess I always tend to think guys can be a little colorblind, so I thought you were serious...hahahaa!! :D

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 11:13 PM
ohhhh...so are you picking on Manike?? ;) Manike, I wouldn't take that crap!!! :D I guess I always tend to think guys are a little colorblind, so I thought you were serious...hahahaa!! :D

No, just a cheap shot at a joke. You know him being English and all it was pretty easy!:p

SlartyBartFast
12-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by hostage
Though I am curious why they quit using the WAS Boards.
-Doron

Seems EVERYONE is quitting using WAS boards. I'd love to know what's going on.

RRfireblade
12-19-2003, 10:09 AM

Seems EVERYONE is quitting using WAS boards. I'd love to know what's going on.

Hopefully, he's getting what he has coming to him.But since no one has called me for use of my foot and a jar of KY,I can only hope it's the next best thing.;)

Jay.

manike
12-19-2003, 10:34 AM
ohhhh...so are you picking on Manike?? ;) Manike, I wouldn't take that crap!!! :D I guess I always tend to think guys can be a little colorblind, so I thought you were serious...hahahaa!! :D

I am somewhat colourblind (red/green). Always have been. I found out by painting a sky purple (and claiming it was blue!) when very young in school. It's never bothered me or stopped me from doing anything... :D

Trina, if ever you do want a pink gun of anything I have helped design/make, I will do my best to help get you one. I know a pink Empire gun was done by special order for Rosie of Animal Paintball fame, so a pink 2k4 or whatever is definitely possible. :)

nippinout
12-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Trina, if ever you do want a pink gun of anything I have helped design/make, I will do my best to help get you one. I know a pink Empire gun was done by special order for Rosie of Animal Paintball fame, so a pink 2k4 or whatever is definitely possible. :)

How about a pink manik-e-mag? :D

manike
12-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Sure, same price as it's always been. I'll throw in the pink anno for free... :rolleyes: :D

wyn1370
12-19-2003, 01:27 PM
that's what? $20,000? can't remember what the msrp was

SlartyBartFast
12-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I know this is off-topic, but are there pictures of the completed manik-E-mag available?

paint magnet
12-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Trina, you might want to talk to TAG's wife. At SC AO II she mentioned trying to get WDP to make her a pink gun, though I don't know if she was actually serious or not.

Manike- enjoyed meeting you at AO day, the Empire timmy you were shooting looked amazing. And anyone who says it was not faster than any other gun out there was obviously not on the receiving end of it on the hill challenge field :o :cool: And though I still think trying to increase rate of fire beyond what is possible already (heck, even what was possible 4 years ago) is pointless and completely insane, the new Intimidators look gorgeous. I never have been a fan of their looks *cough* Spyder *cough* but the 2k4's and the Empire ones are amazing. They are already insanely light and shoot very well. If I ever get the money for one...I'll probably buy a car instead :D
All kidding aside though, I really like the way they turned out and would love to shoot one.

Trina
12-19-2003, 03:20 PM
Hahahaha! Thanks, Manike! :D Unfortunately, I only have eyes for an XMag :D

But, I will be the first to admit that is a very HOT marker :D

I've never liked the looks of an Angel, though.

manike
12-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
If I ever get the money for one...I'll probably buy a car instead :D

That's the best quote I have seen in AGES! :D

It was a pleasure meeting you and all the new AO faces also. I will definitely be attending again next year that'
s for sure.

minimag187
01-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Bah now I want one... Anyways how much is the 2k4 Timmy costing, I already know the empire is out of my range.

shwerp
01-04-2004, 01:07 AM
1350ish

JKW
01-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Oh man, why couldn't I have found this thread back on the 18th when the conversation was so heated?!
It has cooled enough to no longer warrant a long dissertation, but I will say this. I have been shooting an Alias(2k4)Intimidator (and an Empire too)since mid December and it has seen the field on at least 5 seperate days of play. It has been an absolute joy to shoot every time and feels quite a bit different than my other Intimidators. Most current Intimidators that have shot the Alias have said that they feel it is very much worth the upgrade. Guys, were not talking about the differences between a 2k2 and Lasoya here. There are very real and pronounced differences between the Alias and all other Intimidators before it.

~WarpedRT#2~
01-04-2004, 03:13 PM
No doubt this gun is fast, but what gun isnt these days? The new Piranhas have anti chop eyes on them for Gods sake. So, point being, this gun is fast, but so is mine.

It does look very, very nice though.

paint magnet
01-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the compliments, Manike. I enjoyed meeting you too, and I couldn't help but laugh when every time I saw you standing next to Cphillip :D

Oh, and don't forget "No No, I've seen what you Americans do with pies!" :p

Branchvillian
01-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Wow, mind boggling...another overmilled timmy. Who woulda thunk it.

paint magnet
01-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Branchvillian
Wow, mind boggling...another overmilled timmy. Who woulda thunk it.

Over-milled is an oxymoron. Kinda like efficient Shocker, compact Matrix, broken mag, working Spyder, etc. :D

Branchvillian
01-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet

Over-milled is an oxymoron. Kinda like efficient Shocker, compact Matrix, broken mag, working Spyder, etc. :D

Fine, be like that. It's uh...over..under...mil..forget it, I'm going to go cry.

triggerman
01-04-2004, 07:49 PM
ok we all love it and I got the cash for it but I no longer beleve they will ever relese it.:( but some day it will be mine. unless I break down and get a nyx trix, was'ed speed, Or in the event that my name comes up on the x mag list.

$tevo
01-04-2004, 10:24 PM
ok guys im sorry if i missed it but im wondering when these are coming out and how much?

rdb123
01-04-2004, 10:25 PM

Ok it cycles faster. By how much. A millisecond or so?...

You could use F=MA to find the difference. Like JWK said, I wish I found this thread earlier.

OT, but JWK, would your technatriggers still fit in the 2K4 and Empire?

Also manike, am I correct in assuming the only differences between the 2K4 and the Empire are the milling and the bolt length?

Thanks, I've got a 2K4 AND an Empire on order to go along with my Shocktech. ;)

$tevo
01-04-2004, 10:33 PM
rdb whats the prices of both of them and the differences besides the milling?

shwerp
01-04-2004, 11:16 PM
already out

rdb123
01-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by shwerp
already out

National didn't ship to dealers yet. Expect that the end of the second week of January--straight from Terry of the Oakland Assassin's post on PBN.

I can't tell you a price since Extreme Rage doesn't know how much they are going to charge me yet. I already placed a large downpayment on both though.

shwerp
01-04-2004, 11:36 PM
1350, you can order from blast

~WarpedRT#2~
01-04-2004, 11:51 PM
BTW, Extreme Rage is a pretty cool shop. I bought them out of their last few red pods!

$tevo
01-04-2004, 11:57 PM
1350? that hurts..but by the time i have the $$ it should be down a few bucks, all new markers go down after they been out for a little while

rdb123
01-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
...all new markers go down after they been out for a little while

Except an SFL E-mag! ;)