PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro + Level 10 Problem

jewie27
12-14-2003, 11:23 PM
I am currently installing the level 10 upgrade on my friend's RT PRO. I've installed 2 level 10 upgrades on two other guns before with no problems. I know how to install it and adjust it, but I have a wierd problem this time. When I install all the parts, including the new Superbolt II and one of the new springs, I can't get the valve to fit back in the body. It hangs out about a half inch too far so I can't put the field strip screw back in, so the valve can't be put back in. Seems like the Superbolt II is too long? I even tried the one that works in my Minimag with no luck. Isn't the LX compatible with ALL AGD Markers? Thats what I read. Why does the level 10 kit fit on my ReTro Valve in my Minimag, but not on a RT Pro?

The Valve won't fit back in the gun!!!!!!!

athomas
12-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Check all parts to see if something didn't get pushed out of place.

Check the rail bushing to make sure it isn't sticking up. This is most likely your problem. Check the on/off assembly to see if it is up in the valve properly.

jewie27
12-16-2003, 04:26 AM
It is something wrong with the RT body, because I took the body off the rail and tried to push the valve back in; still the same problem. The RT Pro Valve fits in my Minimag body, so I know there is nothing wrong with the valve itself or the Superbolt II. I think that maybe the bushing in the body (The circular washer that goes around the wall of the body towards the feed tube) is too small and not letting the bolt all the way forward. I read that someone else had the same problem and used a round file and some sandpaper to smooth out the bushing. After fileing and sanding, it supposidly made the bushing wide enough to fit the valve?

Day 2 of the Automag RT Pro dilemma.

athomas
12-16-2003, 08:15 PM
It is entirely possible that the retaining washer has a burr on it or has mushroomed a bit. Opening up the hole with a file is probably what you will have to do.

laxkid
12-16-2003, 08:23 PM
try a smaller spring or cut it down

jewie27
12-17-2003, 01:21 AM
athomas was completely correct, I called the AGD tech line today and they said the same thing. The solution was to use a round file and file out the mushroomed bushing in the body. It was a little worn out and needed to be opened up again to allow the larger Superbolt II through the hole. The Level 7 bolt is smaller in diameter than the Level 10 bolt. The problem is now corrected thanks to Athomas and AGD. Now my friend's backup gun is rockin' with a RT valve and Level 10! Imagine what his primary gun is...... Ha Ha Ha

Happy Maggin'

jewie27
12-25-2003, 05:04 AM
What's up with that big blimp on top of your gun? Get that thing off of there! LOL j/k.