PDA

View Full Version : Free credit report? Think again...

pbzmag
12-15-2003, 05:43 PM
If you are looking for a cheap/free service to get your credit report off the internet, don't use CreditExpert.com. They are on the BBB.org list of companies with unsatisfactory records. I was unfortunate to use them. It was more than a year ago when I used their services for checking my credit report for free for one month. I did cancel after one month and did get billed for the next month since it was the next month. After a year, I get my new statement and saw an unauthorized charge. After a few minutes of researching on the net, I found a mucho info of others who had the same problem. I have also checked www.bbb.org and found this (http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/C%3A/Inetpub/wwwroot/SouthlandReport/default.htm?hCompID=13062929&hAKAID=2&hAddrID=5). I found the same company under the list aliases. So watch out. DO NOT USE THESE AHOLES! THEY WILL CHARGE YOU!!! I have already called my CC company to reverse the charges. Luckily, I saved an email from the so-called company that my membership has been canceled, which will be sent along with my dispute letter.

Restola
12-15-2003, 06:08 PM
A credit report costs $15, pull it once a year. Why anyone would go through the hassle of cancelling a monthly service fee for some program you'll never use is beyond me.

Stinks that they got you though.