PDA

View Full Version : Emag electro work

Evil1
12-16-2003, 03:29 AM
What is exactly needed to upgrade software on EMags? Is it hard? It does not sound to complicated and I would like to try doing it and was wondering if just anyone can get equipment needed to do it or only certain people? Is the software upgrades done through a computer like some Egrips? Any info would be great.

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 10:47 AM
It's done by hooking a computer up to the grip. Plus, the connector is something almost custom made for the board/computer. There's only a few around from what I've seen.

Also, you can't get the source code from AGD.

Evil1
12-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Is it connected to the USB ports on a computer? If other people are doing it, where did they get the source code? Was it info that leaked or are the people that do it AGD techs? Also where would the connector go on the board? It is not the one plug at the top of the board near the sear, right b/c I heard that was for something to do w/ the solenoid at one point but the idea was scrapped. Is it the series of little holes that run along the inside of the board right by the piece of metal that seperates the solenoid form the board. Any info would be great.

Dayspring
12-17-2003, 10:53 AM
The source code is given by AGD and AGD alone. And yes, the people that are doing it are AGD techs.

The connector is a proprietary connector, made specifically for this purpose.