PDA

View Full Version : ULT Custom replacment pins

trxtr
12-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Given the fact that the ULT is coming on the new mags now, and the x-valve seems to not be as reactive as the old rt's, does any one think we'll see the different pins to add reactivity to the ULT (as mentioned in the proto lab)? I know tourneys wont allow it, but the TAC1/scenario market (like myself) would eat 'em up. Has any one made custom pins for this purpose?

cledford
12-16-2003, 07:21 AM
I thik the point was to get rid of the reactivity ;) If you want reactivity they already make a standard pin :)

-Calvin

thei3ug
12-16-2003, 10:14 AM
that's not berry nice...

i'm sure we can come to a happy compromise.

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Actually, the reason wasn't to get rid of the reactivity. It was to lighten the trigger pull.

The reason the reactivity is not what it used to be is the reduced diameter pin. (Not going into the physics of it) But the reason you have the lighter trigger pull is the same reason for the reduced reactivity.

You can't make the pin head any bigger b/c it'll run away. If you make the bottom of the pin bigger, you increase the pull weight.

thei3ug
12-16-2003, 12:21 PM
so there will be no "pin tuning" diameter kits coming out, is what you're saying.

not that it really affects me because i haven't played in months, my mags are in pieces, and i don't even have a tank for that matter cause i sold off my posessions to make rent.

but still, i like variety. y'know? If i get a marker, i have to get every accessory imaginable to have it annoed to match, JUST IN CASE i might someday want to use it.

i must say, this is a real disappointment, and i'm not sure I want to play paintball anymore because of it.

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Correct. You'd have to change the bottom of the ULT on/off b/c you'd need a new oring for every diameter.

Don't see why it's a disappointment. You can either have it or not. Sounds like choice to me.

Originally posted by thei3ug
so there will be no "pin tuning" diameter kits coming out, is what you're saying.

not that it really affects me because i haven't played in months, my mags are in pieces, and i don't even have a tank for that matter cause i sold off my posessions to make rent.

but still, i like variety. y'know? If i get a marker, i have to get every accessory imaginable to have it annoed to match, JUST IN CASE i might someday want to use it.

i must say, this is a real disappointment, and i'm not sure I want to play paintball anymore because of it.

trxtr
12-16-2003, 03:31 PM
light trigger pull and mad reactivity. Oh well, I have faith someone will head my call and fill the void that is my lost reactivity. Demand leads to supply, after-all (or is it the other way around?)

cledford
12-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Actually, the reason wasn't to get rid of the reactivity. It was to lighten the trigger pull.

The reason the reactivity is not what it used to be is the reduced diameter pin. (Not going into the physics of it) But the reason you have the lighter trigger pull is the same reason for the reduced reactivity.

You can't make the pin head any bigger b/c it'll run away. If you make the bottom of the pin bigger, you increase the pull weight.

Hmmm, I thought Tom was working on the bounce issue and the ULT was a derivative of that development. Who knows, I just remember him posting that AGD was trying to get rid of bounce for tourneys (by messing with the pin) way before I ever heard about the ULT.

Oh, and I checked on the correct ReTro pin length - it is .750 - sorry I mis-posted above.

-Calvin

davidb
12-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by trxtr
light trigger pull and mad reactivity. Oh well, I have faith someone will head my call and fill the void that is my lost reactivity. Demand leads to supply, after-all (or is it the other way around?)

Well, that all depends. If you're making the newest model Intimidator, supply leads to demand. If you're AGD, demand leads to a waiting list for supply. :D